How to add ships from other mod to another

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bulgaria

How to add ships from other mod to another

Post by bulgaria » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:33

hi,i woud like to see some tutorial how i can add ships from other mod to another reply pls ty :)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 09:17

Here is tutorial Copy/Paste ships from a mod to another, I recomend to use not "Patch10", but "PATCH 15" software (this is latest version).

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 18:47

:lol: ahh...cool thanks zeron....it was a bit hard but working thanks :P

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:15

im sory zeron but the link of add ships is good...just i dont see the images at the link for exaple how to add ships try give a new one so il see if it wll fix it pls ty

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 13:12

its to hard for me when i dont see image exaples and it crashes when i merge mods :shock:

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 08:03

Here are little bit more detailed information with example screenshots.
Screenshots from the "PATCH 15" software: open "x2story.obj" file with "PATCH 15 software
Into this screenshot is see vanilla Argon Buster M4 ship SLOT. Into this ship line are defined ship ID (SS_SH_A_M4) and ship class - M4.
When you add new ship slot into the x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files, it will be marked in the red and new ship ID will be - SS_SH_001 (or something like that), also you need to add new ship class type - M3, M4, M5, ...
Into the Tships file also have defined the same SHIP ID as are into the x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files: Tships screenshot
When you was add new ship slots into the x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files, now you open Tships file and simply seclect one ship and "copy" and "paste" it, after that change SHIP ID from "NEW_OBJECT_1" to the SS_SH_001 (your new ship ID from OBJ files).
Into the new ship, you will need to change "Turrets" and "Guns" parametrs form other Tships file that ship line, also you will need to change ship scene number - Model BOB, screenshot Ship scene number - Model BOB
Also you will need to add from one mod ships parts and scene file into the other mod.
See more into the "Copy/Paste ships from a mod to another" tutorial, maybe this will help.

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 09:30

:lol: thanks for the more advice zeron :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”