[S] [AL] [07.06.07] [X3 1.0.10] Race Invasions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 16:03

Is there an english translation of the new version yet? If not, do you have any timeframe for it? I was going to check it out but figured I'd wait for the english version to be ready, but it has been a while.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 16:39

I think you will find, that if you download and install it from that thread, it will have english language file already.

The OP is out of date with the 'English not supported' statement, and has been for awhile. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 16:41

Yeah, there is an english translation already. Thanks to SAN90 aka aedix again for this.

I have removed the old statement from the first post now.

Greets
Marc

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 15:58

I have rewritten the first post now. :)

Have fun with a full translation :)

askerer
x3

Post by askerer » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 07:08

when it installs, i open it and a black screen pops up for like a milisecond..

slip.

Post by slip. » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 16:45

Are there rewards for the mission, or just a fun fight? It sounds good either way, but just curious.
Slip - X3 Pilot
Battlemaster, Magnate
The True Name - Hyperion
Mahdi - Python
Sublimity - XL

slip.

Post by slip. » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 03:00

Ok, I guess heres my problem with it so far... I am flying a Hyperion... HEPTs all around the main/front turrents, BPACs in the back

While I was doing my first mission in Teladi space, I dropped the corvette/cap ship, then went to pick off the fighters... problem is, as often happens to me (often in XI, etc), I lost some standing as I hit some stations, etc. Ended up losing a whole rank (partially due to a ton of pirates being around, etc - partly my fault), but the problem is, there is no reward that I can tell of from these missions.

Sure, they are fun, but it seems inevitable that that will happen sometimes. Can there be any way to either 1) have it raise your rank much more or at least reset it so it isnt the mission isnt a bane or 2) give a monetary reward so I don't really care about the lower faction?

Thanks, it seems fun, but uninstalling it for now.
Slip - X3 Pilot
Battlemaster, Magnate
The True Name - Hyperion
Mahdi - Python
Sublimity - XL

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 07:22

In the german forum I have asked for their meanings about the money you should get. You could do the same here. I simple need some ideas, what I should give you for a M1...M6 in an invasion or defending.

Greets
Hunter

slip.

Post by slip. » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 18:00

you could perhaps model it off of XIs... not sure what the numbers are for that, but i imagine they are posted somewhere...

either way, fun plugin
Slip - X3 Pilot
Battlemaster, Magnate
The True Name - Hyperion
Mahdi - Python
Sublimity - XL

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 12:22

I have updated the script yesterday and today. Now you get money for your help while an invasion.

I would like to get some feedback about the amount of money from you, thanks.

Greets
Marc

Crafty

Post by Crafty » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 16:03

StarTrekMarc wrote:I have updated the script yesterday and today. Now you get money for your help while an invasion.

I would like to get some feedback about the amount of money from you, thanks.

Greets
Marc
I just tried this script yesterday, it worked very well. But one thing that really bugs me is why the hell does the enemy ship always disappears right after you've disabled it (but haven't claimed it yet)? I've managed to disable 3 of them, and all 3 disappear before I can do anything about it. It's really frustrating and flies in the face of both fun and logic. If it's a bug then please fix it, if it isn't then that's sad because it's a no-go for me then. :(

slip.

Post by slip. » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 19:54

I just finished a fight in Greater Profit where I killed 2 Khaak capships, plus countless other fighters. I also pissed off the teladi a bit. The point is, after the enemies were all destroyed, I recieved no message, nor reward. Has this happened to anyone else?
Slip - X3 Pilot
Battlemaster, Magnate
The True Name - Hyperion
Mahdi - Python
Sublimity - XL

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 19:41

I just updated it again. Some bugfixes and other stuff. Have Fun.

@Crafty, could you please explain this little bit more detailed? How long did you waited after the message? The ships will stay in the sector for a time that starts running with the message you receive.

Greets
Marc

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 23:55

Thanks for the update Marc. I've been away for quite some time, and it's nice to see things getting better still with X3.

I did the update, after removing the old script files. And I'm sorry to say ran into a problem on my first invasion:

I had an attack happening at Montalaar. With the older version there were just small groups, but now it's a heavy force of Pirates attacking Montalaar. Unfortunately all the capital ships, M1 M2 and M6, spawned as neutral and now just sit there all blue. Also a Titan is just sitting in the sector, so maybe this was supposed to be a defender? I destroyed the fighters, which were rightly hostile, and did not get any message for mission accomplished.

Apart from the neutrality of the attacking capships I'm also confused with the fact that pirates attacked. The first post says that only Xenon and Khaak should be involved in the new version?

So is this versions conflicting again in a running savegame? Any advice?

Best, TTL

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 01:20

I dont know if you know this but,

durring pirate invasions, when capital ships spawn for the pirates they arn't my enemies...
it also happens to a lot of fighters as well, the ships just sit there, capital ships will fire on any station or ship (other than mine) that is in range, but they arn't enemies that i can attack...

its kind of anoying... :evil:

at least the khaak and xenon spawn correctly

great script by the way :D

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 17:01

Updated to 1.0.09

I have fixed the pirate invasions, everything should work fine now :)

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 05:13

Fantastic mod my friend. it really pushes my computer to its limit.. sometimes. i only have one slight problem with it however, now i have seen it mention before in this thread but i am not sure if it can be fixed or not.

The problem i have been seeing is the ship spawn numbers when your recive the first invasion message. for example

Xenon invasion force conisting of

3 P Classes
22 M Casses
16 L Classes
10 N Classes

now i will jump to the sector right when i get this message butr at best i might see maybe 12 ships, no capital classes and hardly close to the amount of said fighters.

the kha'hk or whatever thier called seem to be correct though... i got swarmed by three carriers when i entered...

(edit) just noticed something else... even if you have a licence for whom you are defending, you get no extra money. it always says ' you earned 0 credits'

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 09:26

The report is not always correct, that is randomized ;)

Yes, you receive the money at the end of the mission via a message. The police-licence does not take effect.

Greets
Marc

omegaxypher
x3

Post by omegaxypher » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 21:37

hmm i havent seen that message.
when the attack is repelled or lost it always says at the lower part of the message in yellow that i earned no credits.

next time i will have to check my log to see if i actually get something aside from bounty.

actually, i have the bounty script on by LG... could that be conflicting with yuor script?

(very late edit) i was wondering if you could actually make some difficulty settings. or soemthing along that line. i find the invasions to be too easy at the moment. i havent really seen an actual invasion that won and wiped out the sector or even destroy a space station.

i think that would be a very great idea that if the invaders win they take over the sector.

Juan Javier Amador Salina
x3tc

Post by Juan Javier Amador Salina » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 07:23

As omegaxypher once the invasion has ended, I receive no message, at least not immediately, once the message appears, (several minutes after all invading forces have been eliminated) its says in yellow at the bottom that I have received 0 credits, i also have the bounty enhancement form LV

Another bug is that even when the kha'ak, Xenons and pirates appear as foes in my IFF, they just run for a gate and do not attack any installation or ship unless they are attacked by a hostile defending installation or ship

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”