[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 01:19

This is a great script! Works just the way it's supposed too! I've got about 24 hours of gametime with this script installed and have not lost a single UT!

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 20:23

OK downloaded the SPK script and as you know it put the wrong files in the script folder. No mater I moved them over but in the Script Manager it says that this script is v1.0

Is that right?

Is the zip version more up to date?

Is anyone going to fix any of the SPK problems?

Stay safe!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 22:25

Question, does this keep UT's from flying through unwanted sectors, too?

Route discribed below, do not read if you wish to explore the galaxy on your own:
Spoiler
Show
Like from Argon Prime -> Elena's Fortune Pirate Route -> Adnills Hill (sp?)

Edit:

I had that readtext error aswell, but merely uninstalling the script has no effect.
(link for reference: http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 94#1982894)

Beagle3
x4

Post by Beagle3 » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 20:28

I'm facing the same problem as some players already posted here: my ut's come to a halt not finding jump energy even if there are spp's nearby. If at that moment i activate the ut with the non-limited MK3 software they start trading normal again. So it must be something in this script.

Hope it can be fixed, I realy love this script :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 21:17

@Zzyn:

I like that idea. I'd like to translate this script into German.

1.: Is this already done?
2.: Would you object or like to have any specifications?
3.: Is there any patch of yours coming soon so I might wait any longer?
4.: May I try to fix the problems that showed up here?

@all:
5.: Did you note any performance drops due to this script?

STL

EDIT: Based on this, I think Zzyn is not with us anymore. I'll just do it. Could anyone else tell me about my questions?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 14:40

Hi again - I tried to write a patch that reloads the textfiles to fix that ReadText-Prob. I never had the problem, so would anyone try if it works? It will do no harm to anything, as it is a really simple and short script.

Install: Download the .zip-file, extract it and copy the extracted .xml-file into the "scripts"-folder of the Egosoft/X3-Reunion - directory. Start the game.

Link: >>>Link<<<

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 04:39

Installed this script last night.....sure didn't lose any UTs but when I woke up over half of all my UTs had stopped trading because they couldn't get fuel. I tried to start the satellite limited trading again but it didn't do anything but complain in my log. Started the normal unrestricted MK3 and back to work it went perfectly.

Most importantly of mention is that when I'd been running unrestricted MK3 for about a week before....NEVER did I get an out of fuel msg and NEVER did they stop trading. Looking at the money figures, the unrestricted MK3 made me more money but they often died, something which if I organized some good sector defense, I believe can be fixed.

To top it off (and I've only gone through the last 4 pages to verify this) it looks like the author is no longer around hey? :cry:
I think it'd be cool if someone with scripting experience (that's going to be around to maintain it) would take over this, coz it's such a good idea, pity to see it go to waste. I don't suppose there's some sort of petition thread or some popularly known scripter that we could contact?

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 08:02

I had some of those same problems. I got around it my putting Advanced Satellites in every none Xenon and even some pirate sectors, PLUS, I installed the Camouflage script so my traders have NO enemies! They sometimes are still attacked but all have max shields, fighting drones, and jump drives. Every one has managed to jump out of system if attacked.

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 13:48

mcsquared wrote: I installed the Camouflage script so my traders have NO enemies!
Huh?! Is that a script that stops the AI from targeting your traders?

As for the putting sats nearly everywhere....well for me the standard MK3 doesn't go into Xenon sectors, the problem was that it goes (sometimes) into pirate sectors and occasionally into sectors right next to Xenon ones (aka ones where xenon patrols are highly likely).

However it never stopped trading, unlike what this script makes them do now, when it supposedly can't find fuel within range :evil:

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 18:02

The Camo script changes the gobal settings so that your trader is friends with EVERYONE. You can take a TP into Xenon sectors and come right back out successfully. When it's working, pirates will change from red to blue when they get within 15K of you.

No, I don't put sats in Xenon sectors of course, however, the Camo would probably save your UTs from Xenon incursions into other sectors. I've found that some pirate sectors like Ore belt are relatively mild, others like Lomanckstrat's Legacy, and terrible to the exent I sent my Titan there and destroyed their base. Same with Brennan's Triumph.

Don't try to push it though; I tried pickup some crates in an Xenon sector and was immediately blasted. Also, don't dwell in these sectors. I was running a TP and trying to travel through two Xenon sectors (get more tour money that way), and got blasted as I neared the second one. Just enter the Xenon sector and come back out.

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 09:48

Hmmm sounds nice but dunno.....feels like cheating in a way =S

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 15:33

In fact, it is...

Did the patch work? As soon as I get good problem feedback from the german side, I might be able to look at what's wrong about the EC-thingy. The trading-problem is that the ships look for the best possible trade route, and then can't use it because there's no satellite, so they don't look for the second best trade route for that ware, they just wait.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 17:44

"Hmmm sounds nice but dunno.....feels like cheating in a way =S"

Losing UTs with level 25 traders sounds like worse cheating to me. The stock game limitations do not let you give commands that you would normally give to ship captains: stay out of sector ____ and insure that you have enough e-cells to jump out of sector. The fixes listed above to me are just work arounds for game deficienciesl.

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 01:46

SymTec ltd. wrote:In fact, it is...

Did the patch work? As soon as I get good problem feedback from the german side, I might be able to look at what's wrong about the EC-thingy. The trading-problem is that the ships look for the best possible trade route, and then can't use it because there's no satellite, so they don't look for the second best trade route for that ware, they just wait.
Didn't your patch just try to fix the command naming problem? So that it actually says add satellite or whatever?

I don't mean to sound pushy or demanding (I'm just an impatient guy :P) But why do you need to wait for German feedback? How bout I tell you my problems with it, and you show me how to translate them to german, and voila! German feedback :D

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:43

I have been noticing something that is begining to pee me off slightly.

The Freighters seem to be buying limited stock. i.e. not buying all that they can carry to fill up their cargo space.

The Freighter has about 1008 cargo space with about 300 taken up by fuel, drones and shields. This means there is about 700 left for cargo, but they seem to be using up to around the 750 marke of the whole cargo space. That means it us only buying 450 ish in Bofu or Meatsteaks or whatever.

I have tried stopping them and restarting them to see if that make a differance. But nada. Can anyone tell me if this is also happening to their freighters?

Stay safe!
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 07:42

Yeah, it's always happened to me with standard MK3. With this script though, I"m not sure, only used it one night, woke up to find over half of my freighters sitting at a station doing nothing saying they have no fuel in range (some of them were in a sectors with solar plants too) and haven't used it since.

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 12:06

I think you got an old version Lazerous.

There was some problems but the fuel problem seems to be sorted. I suggest you download the new verson and give it a go Lazerous.

Stay safe!

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 13:22

I got it within a week ago and from the first post on this thread....is that the latest one?

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 17:53

Well all I can say is I have the SPK verson of the script and I thought that had been updated. However now I look at the verson number its still 1.0 so maybe not.

Although I have got not only Trade Mk3 on my Freighters but also both best buy/sell, Trading extention and other plugins I feel may be of help to them and they seem to be doing ok always fueled up and always trading.

My gripe is only with this one Toucan that has 1035 units that it can use. 264 taken up with 12 Drones, 210 E-cells and 3 25mj shields. Yet its never used more than 798 of the units in total so I am losing out on a lot of profits.

Any ideas? Should I sack the Freighter Pilot and get a new one?

Stay safe!

Lazerous
x3

Post by Lazerous » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 20:52

No I don't think that'd help personally.
I don't think the game works that way (given you're MK3 is level 25). I get the same thing with freighters that have 11000 cargo space. Never bothered me that much, dunno why. The only time I have seen them use anywhere near their amount of space, is when trading energy cells, and even then, 2000 of them are reserved and not for sale.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”