[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 16:30

@Kurios Kronou : Sorry but i won't spawn Yaki Factories around the galaxy. I want to keep my Yakis as a nomadic pirate tribe. All guild missions will be related to battle situations and when promoted you'll be able to hire and give orders to Yaki ships.
But, I *may* include this kind of feature for the Pirate Guild plugin i'm converting from X². It won't be included in the first releases, but it'll probably be included in the long run.

@Rambam: Good question :D I think it'll cause issues as my mobile bases run multiple scripts. So if you succesfully capture one of my Yaki Mobile Base, it will probably act very weirdly. You can try, but i won't give support for any issue related to the capture :p

Anyway, I'll see what i can do about that in the next update. Btw, a future version of my ACC script will also include a (costly) method of capturing M1/M2/TL including ships handled by my scripts and plugins :)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 17:17

Serial Kicked wrote:@Kurios Kronou : Sorry but i won't spawn Yaki Factories around the galaxy. I want to keep my Yakis as a nomadic pirate tribe. All guild missions will be related to battle situations and when promoted you'll be able to hire and give orders to Yaki ships.
But, I *may* include this kind of feature for the Pirate Guild plugin i'm converting from X². It won't be included in the first releases, but it'll probably be included in the long run.
Thanks Serial. I understand your reasons and vision - putting such a feature in the Pirates guild would make more sense. Would it also allow for the build up of 'clan assets' and/or relationships? Can this be done in X3...kinda like Races, with each clan as a separate entity?....my gut feeling (from the breif reading I have done) is no, but I may be wrong ! :)

KK

liquidthunder
x3

Post by liquidthunder » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 22:11

Kurios Kronou wrote:Serial,

Following on from LiquidThunder's comment - Would it be possible, though, in a next release to include the gradual placement of Yaki pirate Factories and Stations with which we can trade?

Maybe limited to certain weapons and illegal goods (with supporting stations) in the more anarchic sectors. Then trading with the Yaki, as well as getting Yaki or dodgy missions, would be more viable.

i was thinking more of selling arms, and illegal wares to the mobile station rather than factories. as pirates need to resupply too :)

id like to steal a ship, pirate stylee (maybe a Paranid Pericles then upgrade up to their rajjin raider)

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 05:27

It's not really possible to include different yakis clans that can fight each others without massive amount of scripting. Moreover when the "Race Response Fleet" is installed, Yakis already have enough enemies without having to deal with internal politics.

Anyway, here's how relationship will work once both plugins will reach 1.0 stage : Relations between the Yakis and the Pirates will evolve. Sometimes Yakis will protect pirates assets, and sometimes they will raid them like other races. BBS News will be displayed accordingly (i hope).

Same thing about the player, entering in each guild and helping pirates or yakis will increase your relation with those races. Attacking their assets and ships will give you money, but it'll reduce your relationship and will probably lead to retaliations from them.

I'm open to suggestions, but i've still a lot to work to do before making a first release of Pirate Guild for X3 available. And it may take a long time to include all the features I already want :)

@liquidthunder: It may be a good idea for a guild mission. Supplying a given amount of shields, missiles and/or weapons to the Yakis for money and better relations.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 15:23

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like an excellent plugin - I'm looking forward to it!

If I have any other thoughts I'll pop them up....

KK.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 16:08

Great addition....

Will add to the installed script collection of mine once I get my freeze issues sorted.... ASAP !
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 20:35

Any chance Yaki Armada will run with the DDRS mod? And when is the next version (with all the cool additions mentioned in this thread) coming out? ...and would it be possible for the new version to work with DDRS (assuming it wouldn't as is)???

My dream here would be to play both DDRS and the next Yaki Invasion, set myself up as a 'pirate lord' in one of the pirate sectors...make sweet with the Yaki (and 2-3 of the main races--while preying on the others) and use the DDRS player shipyard/HQ to eventually make Yaki (and other) ships...and eventually become a power to rival any of the other races...Even use LV's Race Invasion script to eventually have enemy races invade my territory..Ahhh..

P.S. As a player, it seems that with the increasing development of new, fabulous X3 mods/scripts (Yaki Armada, DDRS, the M7 mod, etc.) that seem to be increasingly incompatible...that as players we're being forced to make difficult choices between some very tasty products. Why can't modders/scripters just coordinate/collaborate a little more to ensure that ALL the best material can be combined without conflict?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 20:55

the problem why mods are incompatable is due to how the modding system works.

as mods that do anything with ships all use the same files, only one of the mods will actaully work, the game doesn't allows you to have multiple files.

the only way to get them to work would be to combine the mods together, which means basically creating a new mod with everything from each mod, and is n't exactly easy

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:11

Any chance Yaki Armada will run with the DDRS mod? And when is the next version (with all the cool additions mentioned in this thread) coming out? ...and would it be possible for the new version to work with DDRS (assuming it wouldn't as is)???
I'll make it clear for everyone (even if it's already written in my first post):

Yaki Armada and all of my plugins/scripts should be compatible with all available mods. It's difficult (see impossible) to use 2 mods at the same time. But you can use many plugins/scripts at the same time.

No release date for the next version, nor for any of my scripts.
It'll be released when it'll be done :)

---

Btw Cycrow, no answer for the guild system ? I guess you've enough work with your own scripts :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:32

Point taken Cycrow, but it would seem that:
a) the EMP now obviates many script/plugin vs: script/plugin potential conflicts by assigning/standardizing ware codes (and perhaps in subsequent EMP's: command codes)
b) potential plugin vs: mod conflicts, like Yaki Armada vs: DDRS--due to differing uses by each of (different) pirate bases--could be obviated by changing YakiA plugin code to make Yaki pirate exception to DDRS's changing all pirate (mobile) bases to their own pirate asteroid base model. Thus, both pirate ast'd bases and mobile Yaki bases could exist in same campaign. Similarly, DDRS's player shipyard should be able to take any ship from the game, including Yaki, and disassemble it for 'blueprints' to make more of same. \

Still, easy enough for me to say as I've never done more than tweaking/modding RTR (RomeTotalRealism)..mainly for playbalancing/betatesting purposes.

It seems to me that the more seamless compatibility there is between scripts/plugins/mods, the higher the probability the really good stuff will be formally adopted by Egosoft into subsequent patches, 'bonus packs' and X-games. Which is good for everybody, Egosoft's sales included.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:36

About the point B.

Do you have tested my plugin + DDR Mod ? As long as they do not remove the "Pirate Mobile Base" model and ship, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

If there's *really* an incompatibility, report it and i'll try to correct it.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:43

Hieronymos:

As Serial stated, his project here is a plugin, not a Mod. So, it shold be compatible.

For the record, I ran Yaki Armada and DDRS1.1a with no problems. Which I would expect. I have not tried DDRS2.1d1 with it yet though....

I do have a problem with Yaki ship/pilot IDs conflicting with Cycrow's overtune script on the BBS, but I have yet to get to the bottom of this and can't think what would be causing it...? Incedentally, it also occurred with another of Cycrow's BBS scripts - but I forget which one.

Of course, this may be something more fundamental to X3 that is stuffed up here.... :roll:

KK.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:47

well, BBS scripts shouldn't really conflict with other scripts, what exactly is the problem ur having ?

and have u made ur you have the latest version of the scritps ?

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 00:36

Cycrow:

I reported this to SerialKicked on Page 1 of this thread:
The problem manifests itself as writing the Pilot Name and ship registration over the 'My ship Name' and 'Cost of Upgrade' fields (not the real var names as I have not looked at the scripts) in the BBS article for the Overtune offer. As My Ship Name is appended to the variable, I get the form [Pilots NameMyShipName] while the amount is overwritten, so I simply get the ship reg, which is a YK--- reg, which I assume is Yaki.

This only manifests after I installed your Armada script and is consistent. (and the latest Ovetune script)

I am not that familiar with the scripting language, but from a programming perspective it looks like you are both using a pointer to the same variable or array tuple at some point.
I am using the most recent versions of both the scripts.

Personally, as I understand how X3 scripting handles BBS articles, I can't see how it is happening either. When I have a bit more time I'll look into it a bit more - but if you have any ideas in the mean time, then that would be most helpful....

Regards,

KK

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 23:58

So the only known conflict with Yaki Armada script-wise & mod-wise is with Cycrow's BBS-overtune script?

Meanwhile I'll fire up the Yaki Armada tonite!

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 01:35

Hieronymos wrote:So the only known conflict with Yaki Armada script-wise & mod-wise is with Cycrow's BBS-overtune script?

Meanwhile I'll fire up the Yaki Armada tonite!
Yes. But that may only be me. No one else seems to have reported the same problem. Anyway, I can see no reason (as far as I understand scripting) for this is to conflict. As a programmer, I can see how it would conflict, but from what I understand of the scripting language, this should not be possible....but then, I am not a scripting expert!

KK.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 21:53

Fired up the Yaki Armada last night. Fabulous! The Yaki ships are far more capturable than regular pilots though (I'm not complaining, mind). Capped three Susanowa's of only 6-7 engaged. Unless it's just beginner's luck.

Can see why it's called Yaki ARMADA, those guys are thick as fleas. Have already lost several freighters to them. Will probably have to invest in mucho lasertowers (Euclid's upgraded one's) for area control...

Two questions, though: how does the plugin generate the location of Yaki assaults? Are they random, or weighted to occur in sectors with a strong player presence (especially if they hate player)??
And does a sector attack force eventually evacuate if not destroyed? Or are they essentially 'suicide squads'??

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 23:10

@Kurios Kronou : Still not found any reason why you're experiencing this. I've not the same issue at all.

@Hieronymos : Thanks :) Beginner's luck i guess, there's no reason why Yakis would be easier to cap than other ships. Attacked sector is currently chosen more or less randomly, but the ships will jump out if a M2/M1 is too near of the Yaki mobile base. They won't target player ships unless if they dislike you (it seems it's the case here ^^). In the next versions i'll probably use another method to select a target sector.

Yup attack force should retreat after a while (random, sometimes they won't)

Cheers.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 16:53

Hi Serial: Does their is a way to known in what sector they jump in order to jump to that sector and attack them?

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 11:10

hi serial :)#

first thought: wohoo looks cool i´m gonna install this

second thought, after installing: WTF?? why are thr yakis my friends??? :lol:

is this a bug, or do i have to change something, or hoe can i make them my enemys?

(when i atack them, the atacked trurn red sometimes, but all other yakis stay "friends")

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”