doubleshadow's X3 Editor (0.15 - patch 2.0 compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

twistedtech
x3tc

Post by twistedtech » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 21:49

Try not to let your mind wander... It is too small to be out by itself.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:16

Hehehe, and now I get to check it for accuracy :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

I_E_Maverick
x3

Post by I_E_Maverick » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 01:30

@doubleshadow: some guys in the german forum including me had some problems with your x2bc. it seems like your bob compiler does something wrong with the map settings. usually bump maps only work with bob format. but when compiling an original x3 model to bod and to bob again the bump map doesnt work anymore.
now i wanted to ask, if you could have a look at that special problem.

and a wish of mine would be to have a more likely ui. it is quite time consuming to compile all the stuff in dos modus, if you could make some kind of windows ui where you just have to press some buttons it would be very kind! of course just if you have the time to do it. main problem is the non functional bump maps.

regards

I_E_Maverick

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 06:49

Completely seconded by yours truely, as noted via PM (hopefully :D)
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

I_E_Maverick
x3

Post by I_E_Maverick » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 14:54

did you send me a pm? i didnt get one, but maybe i just didnt get what you had meant :)

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 15:54

I meant to DS, I'm his faithfull spammer ;-)
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

I_E_Maverick
x3

Post by I_E_Maverick » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 20:53

oh, ok then :)
i hope he will respond soon, without bump maps our shadows from b5 wont look quite right.

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 10:37

When opening a map in the Galaxy Editor of this editor, there are two x3_universe.xml files, one in 04.dat and one in 05.dat, which one do i have to edit, or do i have to apply the same changes to both files, like sync them ? (If i add a roid at 34,21,-2 to the 04, i have to add a roid at 34,21,-2 to the 05 or else it doesn't work ?)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 12:16

The Roids were added in the x3_universe_v13_patch file, there is one in 05 and 06.

Extract the one from 06, modify it and then put it into a new false patch to make it the 'selected' one.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 12:23

Where can i learn how to make a 'false patch' ? Do i have to do that for any modifications i make to the X3 maps ?

I just said a asteroid as an example, infact i want to add a gate, some debris, a factory and move some stuff around.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 12:45

There are several map files

09: x3_universe_v200_patch - This addes the new sectors, and a few items throughout the universe, as well as gates.
06: x3_universe_v131_patch - Adds the Tractor beam factories
06: x3_universe_v13_patch - updated version that adds roids. original is in 05
05: x3_universe - updated universe map. Contains an update to the original objects in the universe. Original in 04

To make a false patch:
  • 1) Use Mod Manager to extract the map file you want to modify (the v200 will work
    2) Use the Galaxy Editor, in game or from X3E, to modify the map
    3) With Mod Manager, create a New patch file (should be 1 number higher than any other, ie: last ES patch was 09, so you'd use 10)
    4) Drag and Drop the universe map file onto Mod Manager, and type 'maps' (no upper case) when it asks you where. Select 'Yes' for compression.
This fill will go into the games root directory, and acts as a 'false' patch. Be warned, any mod that includes a similar file will override any 'patch' based file. (ie, if the mod has a TShips.txt file, it will override any of the 01-09 cat/cat TShips reference)
[ external image ]

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 15:06

Hi m8. Bug report!

When positioning something in a sector in universe editor, the y and z values are back to front, they need swapping over m8.

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 21:31

I want to mod the sectors Nopelieo's Memorial and Company Pride, i guess thats in the 05 ?

Just a quick Q, when i start the ingame GalEditor, it's just a blank map, do i have to import a XML map or what ?

flip999
x3

Post by flip999 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 12:30

copy the map in the maps folder before starting x3 to make it available in the ingameeditor.
but i also don't know which one i have to edit in x3 2.0.02?
i just want to edit some sectors in the originial 2.0.02 map, which xml file is that?
Jakesnake5 wrote:There are several map files

09: x3_universe_v200_patch - This addes the new sectors, and a few items throughout the universe, as well as gates.
so this mean if open and edit the x3_universe.xml i only have the 1.3 map?
because the v200_patch is only a small file with the 2.0 changes?
arrrgh, the 2.0.02 map ist not available in a single file?
is there a "Fan version" available somewhere with all in one file for newbies like me? :wink:

bye the way, how can i connect sectors with gates in x3e and how can i change the target of the gates?
i'm afraid i can't figure it out. :cry:

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 19:15

so this mean if open and edit the x3_universe.xml i only have the 1.3 map?
because the v200_patch is only a small file with the 2.0 changes?
arrrgh, the 2.0.02 map ist not available in a single file?
is there a "Fan version" available somewhere with all in one file for newbies like me? :wink:

bye the way, how can i connect sectors with gates in x3e and how can i change the target of the gates?
i'm afraid i can't figure it out. :cry:
Take a look at this http://www.xperiment.co.uk/files/modding.pdf it's brilliant and it shows you how to combine maps into 1 custom file so you can then make your own custom galaxy. (skip to the bottom of page 12 for the part you are interested in) I managed to do it so can't be that tricky :D

flip999
x3

Post by flip999 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 20:33

wow thats a very helpful document for beginners, thanks a lot for the link!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 17:28

Doubleshadow, one slight issue I noticed with the galaxy editor. When you add the new billboard to a sector, the video isn't played on it, in game. It's easily fixed in a text editor tho. The only problem is, when adding about 3-4 of them in each core sector (thought it'd feel more lively with several of them in the cores), and editing the lines is tedious.

How it is when the editor adds them:

Code: Select all

<o t="20" s="SS_SPECIAL_SIGN4" x="6653668" y="-1275000" z="571800" a="0" b="0" g="0"/></o>
How it needs to be for the video to be played on the boards:

Code: Select all

<o f="1" t="20" s="SS_SPECIAL_SIGN4" x="6653668" y="-1275000" z="571800" a="0" b="0" g="0" v="-1"/></o>
The f="1" and v="-1" tags are missing.

Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 17:55

the 'f' is a different type of definition.

Most 'potential' stations (ie: the ones that are NOT defined to be in the game from start, but are GOD defined based on the economy variables) are '2'. '1' is used for the Hidden ships as well.

The v= is usually used in some 'special' items definitions (type 20). Specifically the 'debris' items like those stations in Presidents end, and the remnants of Kyle Brennans ship in the Kha'ak sector. As all those entries use '0', its not used for anything. '-1' is similar to 0, which may be the 'default' state.

So only the 'f' entry may be used.

Have you tried only editing in the 'f', and not the 'v'?
[ external image ]

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 18:12

No. I only took the sign entry from the patched universe file (the one in Elysium of Light) and noticed it was missing the f and v tags, so I put them in.

The boards work in game with both tags. I've not tried removing one to see if that is any different.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 08:24

@fud
@jakesnake5

Thanks for noticing me. However as I stated long time ago, GE in X3 Editor is not officially supported - if it works, I'm glad to hear that. If it doesn't, I'm sorry.

However I started rewriting the GE. But it's now on hold because of x2bc.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”