[SCRIPT] PiloteAI III.70 (28.09.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Thu, 10. Apr 08, 23:35

OKay - another question...

Supply Lists.....are they lists for a ship to RECIEVE or GO GET? I assume they're lists of equipment/goods that the ship should RECIEVE.

Here's an issue...

I've got a TP that's onboard a TL I have. Somehow, both of their Supply Lists are linked. I try to set my TL's Supply List as 5000 e-Cells, and then next time I look at my TP - HIS Supply list ALSO contains 5000 e-Cells.

The same is true in reverse, if I lower my TP's Supply List to 300 e-Cells, it changes it for my TL as well.

Any idea why they would be linked? They're not in the same squadron.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 11:09

I had a keen interest in the Xai pilot project to X2, which I didn't use waiting for a more finished product at the time. So now I've just started playing X3 and jumped in with XTM from the start and added PiloteIA shortly after.

I had in mind writing up a long post asking some questions and suggestions but that will have to wait until I've got thing set into order :P

Here is something that I've been wondering about though:

----Question: When you target a ship in the map and check the info, you get a race specific name like Bibbi Du (for Boron), but when you check with "get AI info" they all magically turn into Paranids - naming wise that is, the race is still Boron or Argon. Is there noway to get the original name of the pilot and insert it in the naming process or getting a check for race and giving it a race specific name?

----Check: when a M5 is set on SAM they don't jump with squadron even though they got Jump drive and E-cells and nav plug in and what not.

----Question: Can you enlighten us as to how the script function in OOS? As there is much simplification of the way a fight is carried out. Like do shield charging work OOS and docking undocking of fighters etc

----Question: What scripts are you reusing from the original? This is so one will know if updating the figh scripts or docking to base original scripts will change AI behavior. For example, Gazz has a script which replaces an original one to make the command "dock to base" use docking computer if they got one and thus doing it faster.

EDIT----Oh oh and how much is the salary and does it only get paid to patrolling ships?

And yet again - thank you for your work, it is much appreciated!

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 12:27

Hello

Sinnermann49 :
Supply Lists.....are they lists for a ship to RECIEVE or GO GET? I assume they're lists of equipment/goods that the ship should RECIEVE.
yes, they are lists for a ship to receive.
When resupplying a ship, the carrier/tanker read the ship's list to find what produce and quantity ressuply.
This list is also used when you assign a supplier to a carrier/tanker
I've got a TP that's onboard a TL I have. Somehow, both of their Supply Lists are linked. I try to set my TL's Supply List as 5000 e-Cells, and then next time I look at my TP - HIS Supply list ALSO contains 5000 e-Cells.

The same is true in reverse, if I lower my TP's Supply List to 300 e-Cells, it changes it for my TL as well.

Any idea why they would be linked? They're not in the same squadron.
I looked, but I do not manage to reproduce this bug :?

Locksley:

----Question: When you target a ship in the map and check the info, you get a race specific name like Bibbi Du (for Boron), but when you check with "get AI info" they all magically turn into Paranids - naming wise that is, the race is still Boron or Argon. Is there noway to get the original name of the pilot and insert it in the naming process or getting a check for race and giving it a race specific name?
It's a bug, i'm afraid.... :)
It's corrected and it will be in the next release
----Check: when a M5 is set on SAM they don't jump with squadron even though they got Jump drive and E-cells and nav plug in and what not.
oh yes,
M5 AMS watch neighborhood in search of missiles and thus act independently of the rest of the group.
The script of jump does not notice their presence and forgets them when it sends a signal to all the wingers to jump at the same time as the leader...

It's now corrected, and will be in the next release...
----Question: Can you enlighten us as to how the script function in OOS? As there is much simplification of the way a fight is carried out. Like do shield charging work OOS and docking undocking of fighters etc
OOS, the AI Extension functions work the same as IS, so the shields, EMS, drone ...etc... will be managed.
For the rest, the fights work in the same way as for vanillia X3.
----Question: What scripts are you reusing from the original? This is so one will know if updating the figh scripts or docking to base original scripts will change AI behavior. For example, Gazz has a script which replaces an original one to make the command "dock to base" use docking computer if they got one and thus doing it faster.
It is rather complex to answer
-PilotIA don't change the fight scripts, so the solutions of replacements, e.g. the one of laureati, will work.
-Generally the scripts of X3 vanillia are used, but the groups use one on-layer before beginning a move to verify and improve the jumps. The script of Gazz will work without any problem...
NB : in the next update, the return-home command for the groups is rewritten and take advantage of the docking computer...

EDIT----Oh oh and how much is the salary and does it only get paid to patrolling ships?
no salary, they are your AIs, and you don't pay to use them :wink:
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

Balto

Post by Balto » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 01:10

Hi Azz!
PilotAI is truly a fantastic piece of work.
It must have taken a tremendous amount of time and energy to reach this level of depth and sophistication.
Rest assured your work is appreciated.

...and now for the request :lol:

Would you consider adding the ability to buy AI's in bulk at some point in the future?

At present it takes an inordinate amount of time to kit out a fleet with high level AI's from the local hacker base.
A bulk-buy option would make my life much, much easier.

Thanks for PilotAI!
-Peace

Kregoth
xr

Post by Kregoth » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 01:25

Would you consider adding the ability to buy AI's in bulk at some point in the future?
I agree that be a nice feature or at least an option for it to fill your AI database with random AI's. although i think it would mean that you would have to change the way you get AI's from the hacker stations drones. doing that to 20 would be quiet a task lol.

It would also be nice to have when creating a squad for whatever ships you just added to the squad to automatically add it's docked ships into the squad.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 13:57

Thanks for your answers Azz. Got an other for ya!

-----Check: When you order your squad to go to a sector or likewise they are presented as list's; which is fine but.... there not in alphabetical order :P Any fix for that or do you just have to be a fast reader?

Cheers!

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 05:33

Does this script interfere or benefit from X-Cartman's Fight Command Software MKIII?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 20:31

violently_happy
-----Check: When you order your squad to go to a sector or likewise they are presented as list's; which is fine but.... there not in alphabetical order Any fix for that or do you just have to be a fast reader?

Cheers!
I'm afraid it's not possible.
This function is a part of the PrizzZ's library 'mEngine'.
What he does is to draw up the list of sectors by going through the map from top to bottom and left to right...
In the script language, there is no simple means to sort lists.

with little use, (and the paper map ;-)), it's rather simple to to find your way in the list..

And for moving squadrons you can more easily use the command 'Piracy-Squadron... / SQ-Move To Position' which shows the usual screen of selection of sector...

Sinnerman49

I don't use X-Cartman's Fight Command Software MKIII, but it is compatible...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 16. Apr 08, 00:15

Was the conflict with LV's player response fleet resolved?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 20:48

New Question -

I have a StrikeAI Squadron set up with:

1 Otas Reaper (Leader)
3 M3+
1 Terracorp Vulcan (RvtE)

Their home base is avarice.

When they are dispatched by the ComAI to a mission, they all jump to the sector. However, when RtB kicks in, sometimes the Reaper jumps back to Avarice even through the wingmen don't have energy (If the Vulcan hasn't had time to fill them).

Any idea why?

EDIT: One other thing. I'm in a Hyperion (Two Docking Slots)

I've assigned two Pirate Kea's to squadron 4 to use as my protection.
When I use the hotkey for "Return Home" the Leader Docks on me, but the wingman trails behind me and does nothing.

Now....if I assign them each to different squadrons (Say...2 and 4) - they will both dock.

Also - when they are grouped together, and only the leader docks - I can manually dock the wingman by issuing the "Return Home" order, and he stays docked....weird.

What causes this?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sun, 27. Apr 08, 11:18

Sinnerman :
When they are dispatched by the ComAI to a mission, they all jump to the sector. However, when RtB kicks in, sometimes the Reaper jumps back to Avarice even through the wingmen don't have energy (If the Vulcan hasn't had time to fill them).

Any idea why?
I don't know, i will have a look to this problem
EDIT: One other thing. I'm in a Hyperion (Two Docking Slots)

I've assigned two Pirate Kea's to squadron 4 to use as my protection.
When I use the hotkey for "Return Home" the Leader Docks on me, but the wingman trails behind me and does nothing.

Now....if I assign them each to different squadrons (Say...2 and 4) - they will both dock.

Also - when they are grouped together, and only the leader docks - I can manually dock the wingman by issuing the "Return Home" order, and he stays docked....weird.

What causes this?
this had already been related by Kameo and Alkeena

It seems that this problem occurs when the number of squadron's ships is equal to the number of free docking slots
As i am currently totally rewriting the return to home script, I hope I will solve this problem.

Buck_Rogers :
Was the conflict with LV's player response fleet resolved?
no, it cannot be solved due to the way the 'signal-killed' is working.
But PilotIA has its own 'player response fleet' system, with the Early Warning & Strike Network.[/code]

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 15:13

Got a few things that you might want a heads up on.

I got XTM installed and some other scripts but nothing touching the kill signal AFAIK. XTM has a script with kill signal in the name, I think it connects with some of the mod specific missions, but I haven't anything to report about that so where I am sitting there is no problems with the kill signal.

1. EDIT: I just picked up two shipwrecked pirates in the Skate and that worked fine?!?! Not tested ordinary passengers yet but slaves worked. EDIT2:Says that the ship can't carry such large cargo. It can only carry M size, but picking up pirates worked anyhow; I don't remember how big a container a passenger is but since a TS takes L size... End Edit.XTM ship Boron Skate M3 can't take on shipwrecked astronauts even though it got the space and a passenger life support system. It is listed as M3 in the ship description. Error returned by pilot that there is no space, or some such. There was lots of space and I've tried it in two different sectors. So, no go on added ships.

2. My Teladi Toucan can't pick up shipwrecked astronauts - the error returned is that there is no life support system installed, which there isn't in my TS since none would be needed right?

3. Also, I think it has been mentioned but, when you kill something in xenon, khaak, pirate, yaki etc sectors you get the message Xenon military thanks you for killing.... even though it is there own people; and pirates seem very law abiding when such a message appear :shock:

4. If you shoot the beacon after collecting an AI the incoming message is a "readtext...... thank you for yada yada"

Question - any idea how much drain this puts on the CPU :roll: Gonna upgrade soon so hopefully I can go all out on big combats with lots of ships again.

Cheers - looking forward to your next update!

EDIT: I guess there is noway to make PrizzZ Library mEngine use messages that are not written into the log, only as incomming messages; I've forgotten what it's called when it doesn't write to the log.

ArntorEinWindir

Post by ArntorEinWindir » Tue, 13. May 08, 17:11

Does this script modify the NPC ship's AI too or just player owned ship's?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Tue, 13. May 08, 23:52

Sorry for this late answer but I 'm hardly working for the mod NH...

Locksley
1. EDIT: I just picked up two shipwrecked pirates in the Skate and that worked fine?!?! Not tested ordinary passengers yet but slaves worked. EDIT2:Says that the ship can't carry such large cargo. It can only carry M size, but picking up pirates worked anyhow; I don't remember how big a container a passenger is but since a TS takes L size... End Edit
yes, I have just verified :
passagers and very important passengers are Large container, and Slave/prisoner is only small container
As the skate can only transport medium container, it can only transport slave/prisoners...
2. My Teladi Toucan can't pick up shipwrecked astronauts - the error returned is that there is no life support system installed, which there isn't in my TS since none would be needed right?
Sorry but a cargo life support is needed... :)

3. Also, I think it has been mentioned but, when you kill something in xenon, khaak, pirate, yaki etc sectors you get the message Xenon military thanks you for killing.... even though it is there own people; and pirates seem very law abiding when such a message appear
Oh, yes, I will remove this message.
It is the message which indicates you the progress of your AI.
I can remove it in the ka'haks, xenon etc sectors or attribute it to argons or another race (argon split...)...
4. If you shoot the beacon after collecting an AI the incoming message is a "readtext...... thank you for yada yada"
Thanks, I will have a look to that :)

Question - any idea how much drain this puts on the CPU
No idea... not so much in my idea.
EDIT: I guess there is noway to make PrizzZ Library mEngine use messages that are not written into the log, only as incomming messages; I've forgotten what it's called when it doesn't write to the log.
abolutely no way to avoid this, it is one of big limit of X3..

ArntorEinWindir :
Does this script modify the NPC ship's AI too or just player owned ship's?
Just player owned ships

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Wed, 14. May 08, 00:13

When I install this after a little while game freezes this is most of the scripts ii have installed any ideas.
ps I did try uninstalling Bounty Enhancer by LV

120 K XTM Draw Distance :: Avicenna :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 16/06/2007
Advanced Jumpdrive - Script Replace Addon :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 11/03/2007
Advanced Jumpdrive :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.50 :: 11/03/2007
Anarkis Carrier Commands :: Anarkis Federation :: Yes :: 1.41 :: 04/11/2006
Ashleys Factories & Extended Complex Hubs XTM :: Saint-Ashley Armegeddon :: Yes :: 2.5 :: 15/11/2007
Automatic Moneytransfer from Station/Player to Station :: XGamer :: Yes :: 1.4 :: 04/02/2007
BBS Extras :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.61 :: 04/12/2006
Bail Signal Extension :: voxol/xfir01 :: Yes :: 2.1 :: 18/08/2007
Bounty Boost :: LV :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 03/06/2007
Deathmatch Arena Redux :: LV :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 02/09/2007
Dynamic Trading System :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.42 :: 19/02/2006
Electronics Packages :: SlasherArcana :: Yes :: 2.0.2.2 :: 27/05/2007
Improved Kha'ak :: Fallen :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 09/05/2008
Jumpdrive Delivery :: LV :: Yes :: 1.5 :: 10/02/2008
Medusa Rapid Fire Missile Interface :: LV :: Yes :: 1.1 Redux :: 06/08/2007
Move To Coordinates :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 26/09/2006
Nividium Demand Increaese :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 19/03/2006
Nividium Mines :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 28/11/2006
Numeric Ranks :: Gazz :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 28/05/2007
Race Response Fleets Final :: LV :: Yes :: 1.7 :: 03/12/2007
Salvage Network :: TECSG :: Yes :: 2.8 :: 19/10/2007
SartCorp: Shp Commissioning Software :: Sartorie :: Yes :: 1.31 :: 03/04/2008
SartCorp: Spaarti cloning cylinder :: Sartorie :: Yes :: 1.4 :: 28/02/2008
Satellite Deploy :: Bhruic (some Extensions by Gazz) :: Yes :: 2.00 :: 15/04/2007
Ship Clamper :: BOF :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 28/11/2007
Signal Targeted :: eladan :: Yes :: 1.02 :: 10/12/2006
Station Trader Camper :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 11/09/2006
Weapons Dealer :: xxBlueDragonxx :: Yes :: 2.01 :: 20/10/2007
XTM .7 Terran Economics Boost :: Pyromancer :: Yes :: :: 10/08/2007
XTM Donations :: DeJuan N. Onley :: Yes :: 0.03 :: 09/01/2008
Xenon Migration :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.40 :: 09/01/2007
Xtended Mod - Shipyard :: The Xtended Team :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 26/06/2007
Xtended Mod Scripts :: The Xtended Team :: Yes :: 0.7.3 :: 03/09/2007
x0ne Turret Control System (TCS) :: x0ne :: Yes :: 1.02 :: 12/08/2007

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 14. May 08, 20:46

If you find a way for it to check on what race you killed first and then compare it to the sector owner and their enemies one might also get rid of the "Boron military corp thank you..." when you kill one of their own when they attack (if you are smuggling and get caught or are just an enemy of the state :P )

Looking forward to your next installment :)

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Wed, 14. May 08, 21:03

Locksley
If you find a way for it to check on what race you killed first and then compare it to the sector owner and their enemies one might also get rid of the "Boron military corp thank you..." when you kill one of their own when they attack
In fact it's already what i do, but i may have missed something in the code :P
(a bug ?, you say a bug ? nooooooo0000)

Deathwalker1701 :
sorry I don't see what can explain your problem
I've personaly never noticed this sort of freeze ...

I'dont know all the scripts you are using, but perhaps an incompaibility with:

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Wed, 14. May 08, 23:12

Azz wrote:Locksley
If you find a way for it to check on what race you killed first and then compare it to the sector owner and their enemies one might also get rid of the "Boron military corp thank you..." when you kill one of their own when they attack
In fact it's already what i do, but i may have missed something in the code :P
(a bug ?, you say a bug ? nooooooo0000)

Deathwalker1701 :
sorry I don't see what can explain your problem
I've personaly never noticed this sort of freeze ...

I'dont know all the scripts you are using, but perhaps an incompaibility with:

Thanks Azz think I solved it now did my scripts again and it working now.
thats why bounty boost showed up because I put my backup scripts in again before removeing it again and thanks again :) :) :)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:19

Hello again!

I got some questions and some gentle probing for info on upcoming release.

1. Question: In the world of X3 does it work like this with the kill signal: You got a global script running for your piloteIA and that catches the SIGNAL_KILLED and starts the apropriate scripts.

2. Now if we got an other plugin with a script that uses the kill signal does your script and this compete to catch it first? So the SIGNAL_KILLED can only be used once, and by the script that catches it first?

3. If I want to make a plugin compatible with yours, I've been eying Improved Khaak, should I remove the part of that plugin that makes use of the SIGNAL_KILLED and add a command in your script that calls this script thus avoiding multiple scripts competing?

Info gathering.

1. A few pages back you wrote that you would be looking at making PiloteIA compatible with E.S.T. That still up on the upcomming release?

2. And the auto docking of ships sent to their homebase - in too?

3. Pilots given race specific names - that was just a temporary bug right, fixed I guess.

3. Lag when pilotes ejects and ship becomes neutral, any luck on that?

4. I can buy a "interface chip" or was it "holographic memory" argh, whatever, at the Hacker bases - what does or will this do? Something naughty I'm sure :roll:

5. Missile M5 protection ship will also jump with the rest of the squad, fixed I guess.

6. I play the XTM mod so there is alot of extra sectors, hope your plugin manages that. I had a couple of emergency beckons destroyed in sector null when it aught to have been Nopiloses memorial.

--------------------------

If the above questions about the SIGNAL_KILLED is about right I will return to you in the future about question of what scripts I need to look at for updating to make it compatible. You also wrote XTM hijacked some of the SIGNAL_KILLED signals; I saw that there was a XTM scripts named XTM.signal.killed, I wonder if they added a script to their mission ships to get the info when the ship was destroyed without using the SIGNAL_KILLED itself. Have to check on that.

And my scripting abilities at the moment is about "return null". I just poke at scripts, I don't write 'em :P

Cheers!

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Mon, 19. May 08, 23:24

Wow, that's a post....
can I ask for pity for my english :-)

First part : signal_Killed
1. Question: In the world of X3 does it work like this with the kill signal: You got a global script running for your piloteIA and that catches the SIGNAL_KILLED and starts the apropriate scripts.

-> Yes

2. Now if we got an other plugin with a script that uses the kill signal does your script and this compete to catch it first? So the SIGNAL_KILLED can only be used once, and by the script that catches it first?

-> yes, but the signal_killed can only be used by the last script that catches it

3. If I want to make a plugin compatible with yours, I've been eying Improved Khaak, should I remove the part of that plugin that makes use of the SIGNAL_KILLED and add a command in your script that calls this script thus avoiding multiple scripts competing?
-> Yes it's can be a good method

Second part : the next release :
1. A few pages back you wrote that you would be looking at making PiloteIA compatible with E.S.T. That still up on the upcomming release?
Hmmm, I am afraid of having to admit that I have not begun this modification yet... but it's still in project, perhaps at least in another release

2. And the auto docking of ships sent to their homebase
-> yes it,s done

3. Pilots given race specific names - that was just a temporary bug right
-> Yes, already corrected

4. Lag when pilotes ejects and ship becomes neutral
-> ?? I dont understand

4. I can buy a "interface chip" or was it "holographic memory" argh, whatever, at the Hacker bases - what does or will this do? Something naughty I'm sure
-> :-) they are classical objects of X3, but i don't know what can be their use... ask the hacker perhaps ;-)

5. Missile M5 protection ship will also jump with the rest of the squad, fixed I guess
-> Yes it's corrected

6. I play the XTM mod so there is alot of extra sectors, hope your plugin manages that. I had a couple of emergency beckons destroyed in sector null when it aught to have been Nopiloses memorial.

-> Normally PilotAI work in any sector, any map and any mod, as most scripts. I have tried it on Xtended without any problems, and now i'm using it with the NH mod which have also a lot of news sectors, as a great part of the team, and many other people... :-)

If the above questions about the SIGNAL_KILLED is about right I will return to you in the future about question of what scripts I need to look at for updating to make it compatible. You also wrote XTM hijacked some of the SIGNAL_KILLED signals; I saw that there was a XTM scripts named XTM.signal.killed, I wonder if they added a script to their mission ships to get the info when the ship was destroyed without using the SIGNAL_KILLED itself. Have to check on that.
no, it's the script which intercept the Signal_killed and start the appropriate script, for the missions ships, or the drones of the griffon...
This script is specialy connected to the signal_killed for these ships when they are created..

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”