[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software V1.05 : Updated 29/06/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
79%
Good
12%
Ok
5%
Not So Good
1%
Terrible
1%
Its not really for me
2%

Total votes: 298

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 21:28

I've installed the latest version of this through your installer, but I only see System Override Software for sale for 600K at pirate bases. Should I be seeing this too and if so where will I find the long range, legal and expensive version?
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

Karunaz

Post by Karunaz » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 11:55

In the file of the Salvage Claim Software that there is here to download there is an error: the script is not supported in the Italian version of X3. I had installed it and in the Teladi Equipement Dock I had the error ReadText17-10613.

I had edited the script and added the text file for the italian version. I don't know if it was only a mine problem, but it is simple to adjust. If someone want the Italian Text to insert in the script file I'll copy it here

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 17:49

did you setup the plugin manager to work with italian scripts ?

the way X3 works with its text files, it means that unless the script includes each language text file, then you will get problems with other languages.

the plugin manager trys to solve this by renaming the main text file to the correct language, if its been setup correctly. Althou there have been a few problems with it, so its not 100% atm

Karunaz

Post by Karunaz » Wed, 3. Sep 08, 23:39

Yes, the plugin manager was setupped to Italian and the script didn't work.

I resolved editing the script and adding the italian text file, so now the script works correctly

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 05:31

I am trying to claim that auto-moving Dragon with no pilot in Zephrain, but the Claim software doesn't seem to work. When using the command console, it says it activates the autopilot, but it doesn't. When using a hotkey, nothing happens.

Is it just that ships have to be stationary to be claimed, perhaps?

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 09:22

I use XTM with its built in EMP file and also have only the System Override Software for 600k in the pirate bases?

cyber_gryph
x2

Post by cyber_gryph » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 19:11

I think something is wrong with my setup... I can only find mark 1 of the override software ("System Override Software") in the Pirate Bases, and to make things worse, the first Teladi equipment dock I found in Ianamus Zura refuses to let me dock my ship, won't even show the nav beacons and when I put my ship on autopilot it just darts around the dock until it starts ramming something and explodes. I'm sure the Teladi are at least neutral to me, since they won't attack or deny me access to trading stations.

I have X3 Reunion patched to 2.5, and I used Qt: X - Plugin Manager - Installer v2.12 to install Bail Signal Extension 2.1, Community Extended Mod Pack 2.01, and Salvage Claim Software 1.05

*** update ***
Nevermind, I found an accessible Teladi Space Equipment Dock in PTNI HQ, it had the Salvage Claim Software upgrade for 6 million credits, easily afforded thanks to my previous ship hunts and my Mk3 Trader

Issue in Ianamus Zura seems to have cleared up too, when I went through the first time, none of the stations would let me dock, now I finally get permission to land at the shipyard.

BloodyRain

Post by BloodyRain » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:17

Well, I have made my own little software that scans for unmanned ships in the scanning ranges of all your properties and for finding them I used the pilots name cause its always the same, if its now from BSE or not.

But I can't use remote controlled ships to claim OOS unmanned ships. Also I am unable to open the BSE menu oO when I try to open it I get an error, I think it was a readtext one but I'm not sure, it's been months since I tried it the last time.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Tue, 5. May 09, 13:13

X3R 2.5 + bonus pack + plugin manager
EMP
BSE
Salvage claim SW

There is an empty 'P', waiting for salvage, so the BSE is up and running - duckhunt, yeah.
If I checks the teladi EQDocks in the galaxymap, the SC soft is in stock, OK.

But if I dock to the EQ, I can't buy it, and it is nowhere in the list.

Any hint?

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 6. May 09, 16:21

I removed all the mods, wiped out the cartel stuff, reinstalled the mods, and all OK. I do not now that it was the reinstall or the cartel-remove was the key.

Dropbear67

Post by Dropbear67 » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 07:19

I have X3R patched to 2.5 + Xtended Mod. Have installed the Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software from the SPK + the Bail Signal Extension SPK. Trouble is - I have been to two pirate bases now and there is no SOS Mk II for 6 million. Just a normal SOS for 600K..

Any ideas please? The sectors I tried were Ore Belt and Brennans Triumph and the start I used was XTM's Pirate Privateer
Shooting stop! Or I go off...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 09:53

I don't think the Mk II software is available in pirate bases. I think its in race Equipmnent Docks IIRC
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

dstumpf
x3tc

Post by dstumpf » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 15:01

You can find the Salvage Claim Software in Teladi Equipment Docks.

Daniel

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 17:04

theres actually 2 versions of the script, the old SOS MK2 and the new Salvage Claim Software

they do the same thing, however the old one is called SOS MK2 and is found in pirate bases and the new one is found in teladi docks, and is called Salvage Claim Software.

so it depends which version u actually have

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 03:24

A big thank to Cycrow for a very cool script.

After reading through this thread I found one problem:
Jaxom01 wrote:Everything works fine as far as claiming ships is concerned - but after I claim a ship I stop getting voice messages - 'We are being hailed' 'New Message ...' 'Docking granted ...' - all voice disappers..

found before that by docking sometimes the 'stacked up' messages would all be played one after the other after the greeting at the docked station - gets to be quite weird listening for a minute or two of such messages !!!
I wonder if anyone know if this voice problem still exists, or if it has been fixed?

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 01:28

none of the links seems to work anymore..

Spectarofdeath
x2

Post by Spectarofdeath » Sun, 8. Aug 10, 07:58

I'm having a problem with this. I'm running X3R 2.5 with XTM 7.4. I cheated to give myself the Salvage claim software 1.05, but the piracy menu only has collect astronaughts. I haven't seen anywhere to select a hotkey for it either. Any suggestions?
War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 09:03

read the 1st post. :D all is explained there
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

santa696

Post by santa696 » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 01:47

I downloaded the 2.01 EMP and i noticed that the price on rock beetle shell has sky rocketed to 9mil from 1k. Also the shivan dragon scales cost 48mil or so, from 10k normally.

Any tips? :s Trying to get the script editor, but i can't even find the damn change pilot name feature.

rato92

Post by rato92 » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 00:03

don't know if this was already answered but i'm running low on battery to read all the posts and i am sorry for that, but i have downloaded everything, installed aparently correctly and it was supposed to work on Terran Conflict as well (i have 2.5). instead, my saves got corrupted... =o
please help, and sorry again

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”