[S] [AL] [07.06.07] [X3 1.0.10] Race Invasions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 07:49

If thats happening then bounty boost isnt compatible. Often these scripts interfere with eachother.

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 22:01

how often do the friendly-> foe invasions trigger? teladi wanted to attack pirate valley, they didnt do anything in that sector tough (their ships stand there and do nothing). the pirates dont care about them, this invasion was never cancelled or anything else and i have never ever received an attack invitation again, only help calls from foe invasions.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 20. Aug 07, 12:56

is this the same race invasion script that came with the old X3Plus pack?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

rafezetter
x3

bounty boost interfering

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 20:15

I have removed bounty boost from the installer yet i am still not getting paid at the end of an invasion - is there any files that need deleting lurking in the background?

Commander Akenaton

Post by Commander Akenaton » Wed, 5. Sep 07, 23:55

Race Invasions works on XTM ?

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 17:17

They work but they dont use the new XTM-Ships.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 8. Jan 08, 19:13

Looks like an interesting script but I must be missing something very basic.

An invasion means that you invade enemy territory with the intent of conquering it.
This doesn't ever seem to happen, though, because the invasion fleet destroys some stuff and goes home.

Don't take me wrong - I'm not trying to belittle the script but I don't see the purpose of these invasions. (other than creating arbitrary fights for the player, of course)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

rafezetter
x3

re invasion script

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 8. Jan 08, 20:20

Hmm seems to me you need to either go back to your teacher and ask for the proper definition or buy yourself a dictionary my friend :roll: . That is NOT what invasion means:

Invade Meaning and Definition. (v. t.) To attack; to infringe; to encroach on; to violate

Which is EXACTLY what this script is about, and for your further education in order to conquer you then have to KEEP, which would mean the player putting outposts or in this case bases and ships to protect the area - are you seriously suggesting that the player do this with each of the areas as this script activates? That would be cripplingly expensive to the point of madness and therefore completely impracticle in the game, unless of course you cheat but whats the point of that?

If you are going to post with criticism at least do it with the correct information, otherwise don't bother.

class dismissed.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 8. Jan 08, 21:35

I completely agree with your definition of "to invade" but you should have read the script description before replying.

This is an AL script which means that AI race 1 is invading AI race 2's territory.
It is not about the player invading something. The player does not need a script to do that.

They fight (whether the player chooses to be there or not) and destroy property. Then they leave or are eventually destroyed by regular respawns in that sector.
That would be a preemptive strike, raid, or terrorism, depending on who's writing the news.

Imagine the USA invading another 3rd world country but only bringing their air force. Sure they can bomb it back into stone age but if not a single soldier ever sets foot on the country, how much of a conquest can they achieve?
Claiming the natural resources / treasury and instating an obedient government typically is the goal of such an effort.

In X3 terms the sector would have to change ownership either on winning the battle (not very stylish) or after winning the battle and the invasion fleet surviving in that sector for x hours afterwards.

I was merely raising the question on the purpose of these raids but thanks for the opportunity to make someone feel smart as well. This world can use more happy people!
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AidanB
x2

Post by AidanB » Thu, 9. Oct 08, 20:15

Is there any way I can manually trigger an invasion with this? I installed this script a couple of hours ago and nothing has happened yet.

Tuxu
x3ap

Post by Tuxu » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 23:26

link is dead
STARCON 1,2 RuLz.
MoO 1,2,3 RuLz.
AYBABTU RuLz.

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 08:49

Tuxu wrote:link is dead
Should be working again, replaced the umlaut characters in the link.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Thu, 7. May 09, 00:59

Hey

First I like to thank StarTrekMarc for a great script.

But, I also have some questions, and I am a total newbie on modding.

1. What do I need to do to change how often the invasion happens. I
want the invasions to happen with 3-5 hour in between.

2. What must I do to change what I get paid after helping out? I want
less cash for helping.

3. Sometimes I see that the invading forces destroy everything. So I
wonder if the stations/defenders that was there will respawn?

4. Will the invasions be stronger/weaker over time?

5. Will the invader build something in the sector they clean out, or use
it for something?

Thanks for any help.

Tore

darkkenobi
x4

Post by darkkenobi » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 10:04

The link is dead again. :(

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 15:18

No it's not....

And is this compatible with Race Respones Fleets? They never seem to attack eachother in RFF
F signature

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 11. Sep 11, 01:16

I'm sure it is. I've got both of them.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

rstrom11
x3ap

Post by rstrom11 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 04:06

So I downloaded the file..... Now what? I'm totally lost

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 16:54

Now you install
F signature

rstrom11
x3ap

Post by rstrom11 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 00:14

Well obviously -.- but in order to install it one must know how to go about doing that

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 11:48

Well reading what it says on the first page helps.

The Installation

First of all you have to activate the ScriptEditor by entering "Thereshallbewings" as new player name. After that the name should reset to the old value. Simple extract the filestructure into your game directionary. After this you should save your game and restart it. Because of the activation of the ScriptEditor your game will get 'Modified'. It isn't possible to remove this again from the savegame you have used.

The Procedure

After the installation of the plugin it will take some time, before you get the first message.
F signature

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”