[MOD] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V1.94 Available 3/9/2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 13. Dec 10, 17:30

I used the same texture combo as with the python and raptor so could be the smoothing groups messing up the lighting on the hull. I'll sort that up and see if works.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 13. Dec 10, 22:20

Cadius wrote:I used the same texture combo as with the python and raptor so could be the smoothing groups messing up the lighting on the hull. I'll sort that up and see if works.
Sounds like it could be the culprit, there is a definate colour difference between what taken from the tiger to form the front section and what was adapted from the python to form the rear, other than that its a really nice bit of design.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 00:04

hiya all darkstar one here :)
long time no see

ive noticed something about the gungnir OWP the bottom turret (if i remember right :? ) camera is inside the OWP itself this makes aiming with that turret rather hard :)

love this mod and im also liking the valhalla remake, the vanilla model was far too big and ugly :)

cadius :) as you have made the split more split lol
could u do something about those weak, cheap xenon ships stats, please fix the xenon Qs 2 non working turrets, the Ks and the Js cargo bay is too small for max loadouts, are cheaper than the Q (should be other way round lol).

The fighters N,M,L need poweplant boosts LX should have bigger weapons choice (currently can mount less types than L and maybe 200MJ shield) than other xenon fighters and the PX is same price as normal P although much stronger :?

those xenon are supposed to be the biggest threat to all life i laugh at them in my M3 in thier current state

these upgrades would give your ships some worthy opponents :) :)

Anyway your mod your rules :)

many thanks darkstar one
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

ilricca

Post by ilricca » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 12:11

I wonder: what about the ships of "Tachyon - The Fringe"?
Some of them (both fighters and capital ships) are truly nice; the ship of "Galspan" are rather Paranid, while the ships of "Bora" are rather Pirate...

:roll:

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 19:54

Hi Cadius,

are you going to implement ships like this one:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

I would really like a mobile base with me, where I can dock my M7.

Or are there other ships that can already do that?

Thanks again for this mod!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 22:50

I think it's a bad ida to include the other ship that is still in beta phase. I'd like to see it too, but not before it hit v1.0

ilricca

Post by ilricca » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 22:52

Sorry guys, I was wrong: no new ship in "CEO's Spirit".
:cry:
But they are still available as NPC, since some of them fly here and there.
I wonder: the new ships should be available in any proper shipyard (that is: Split ships in Split shipyards) or they are available in just one shipyard for each race?

Thanks!

ilricca

Post by ilricca » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 08:46

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe...
:D
Yesterday I've used the "X3TC Cheat Package" (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691) to create one of the ships that I cannot find (it was the "Sendai B", if I remember well): voilà, the ship! Not too close to my own, not too far!
I've noticed that the "X3TC Cheat Package" allows me to add ships to any selected the shipyard, so I can add... Let's say... the "Aomori" to any Terran shipyard and then buy this ship if I have enough credits.
That is: a cheat but not truly a cheat.
Now I wonder: maybe the script that adds the new ships to their shipyards, Cadius, is somewhat bugged?
If you, or someone else, tell me the name of that script I can try to activate it (if it is possible) and see what's happen.

Qaplà!

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 09:58

Could be this neat lil thingy that gets added somewhere in the game folders, I've seen it before and all I remember about it is its was either called or contained the word Modified.

Maybe your game is set to Vanilla mode still

@Cadius: Hey was just doing some pondering, if that USC Freya M7+ design I proposed goes over well, would be possible to add an Argon equivalent?

ilricca

Post by ilricca » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 10:09

English is not my native language, Chobit-389, sorry...
Can you explain me better what do you mean with "neat lil thingy that gets added somewhere"?
:oops:
Besides: I don't think that my game is set in the "vanilla mode": the "vanilla mode" is avaialble only with SPK files, if I remember well, and this mod is just copy & paste...

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 10:52

@ilricca: Yes you may be right, the script is called "Cadius ship pack" and can be found in your director folder. It could be bugged or it might've misfired, I've made the script to only fire once 5 seconds into the game, and it will not fire again afterwards, unless theres another update. I'll see about setting it to fire once everytime you load the game instead in the next patch.

Speaking of which, next due 25/12/10. There'll be plenty of new toys to play around with.

@Chobit: possible, but Teladi first. Since I'm still in the mood for them at the moment.

@SimB: mr.WHO is right, I'll wait for urbanfreak to finish his work first.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 12:04

@ Cad: Sweet deal, I like what I've seen with the profit lizards so far. Raven is pretty damn good cept for that framerate bug with the FAA (Lulz, Flak Artillery Array, not Federal Aviation Administration... wonder if the Argon have one of those though...)

Bug could just be my comp though, if anyone is willing to test this try firing the Flak Artillery from a turret on the Raven manually. If others have the problem then it my be a glitch with the custom turrets.

ilricca

Post by ilricca » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 13:31

@Cadius: Yeah! :D Thanks!!!

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 17:57

So there is currently no ship in the game that can dock a M7?

:(

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:27

Hakata (USC) and Aran (Goner?)

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:28

Cad you should a 12 days of xmas thing, were between now and 25th you post a teaser screanie each day, but stuff that would reveal too much, just to get the feastive juices flowing and to leave tongues wagging, lol
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:30

garrry34 wrote: feastive juices flowing and to leave tongues wagging
-facepalm-

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:31

chobit-389 wrote:
-facepalm-
sorry chobit I don't get the reference...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:35

garrry34 wrote:
chobit-389 wrote:
-facepalm-
sorry chobit I don't get the reference...
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/ ... tGhost.jpg

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 18:44

Ah ok, lol, bah hambug :P ...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”