[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AuGuR
x4

Post by AuGuR » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 02:49

paulwheeler wrote:If you're talking about the extra coloured tab on the weapon compatibility list that doesn't seem to signify anything, this is an issue I've not been able to work out. Its purely cosmetic and hardly noticeable.
As far as weapon (and missle) compatibility goes, there's two places it's configured : TShips and TCockpits.

TCockpits holds the overall "weapons systems" categories, while TShips actually assigns what can actually be put on in the ship in game, tho restricted by the TShips.

IOW :

TShips compatibility shows Cluster Flak, but not Phased Repeater Gun.
TCockpits has an assigned category from SG_LASER_ARGON_LIGHT which includes both the Cluster Flak and Phased Repeater Gun.

With this setting, only the Cluster Flak will be mountable on the ship in game.

---------------------

Missiles appear to be a different animal, as their setting relies solely on what's in the TShips compatibility list.

dreis
x4

Post by dreis » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 06:50

Hi Paul,

I think I already said this on your SRM mod thread, but it doesn't hurt to say it again: I can't play X3TC without your XRM. This is my default X3TC experience.
Thank you so much.

But I have a couple of questions:

Why do you guys, besides the obvious reasons, don't like the Paranids?
The terrans are the most privileged on XRM, ok, I know they lack a lot of ships, the Split have a lot of new capitals, the Teladis too. But Paranids? I can't recall even one new ship, besides the MK1 ones.

Also, there is no Jump drive on anywhere on Paranid Space, in my Paranid game I had to crawl my way into Rhonkar's Might to get my Jump drive. The Yaki sells it, the pirates, with the Pirate Guild, does it too, but the three eyed people? Not even close :(

Again, thanks for the mod and all your support.. but.. please! Give the Nids a break :D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 09:04

nrich61 wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:There is a map linked somewhere, but I don't have it handy.
no one knows where this map link is? :(
Here is your map. Some important objects on the map may differ as they change locations randomly.

Jpg.
[ external image ]

Png.
[ external image ]

Full size.
http://www.mediafire.com/?znf9dh3brgf6ium

Someone could link these to the first page as there are many questions about the map.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 09:46

Scoob wrote:Hi Paul,

I think I may have spotted a couple of bugs...

i) When manually firing a Carracks Left or Right guns, auto aim does not work despite it being set correctly. Rear gun and lower gun appears to be fine.

ii) Oddysseus Mk1 - I've engaged a few, and observed a few in combat and they never fire their front guns.

F.Y.I. I started my current "Formidable Freebooter" start under v1.11 recently and upgraded to v1.12 this evening. I ran the updage script. The issues listed were present in v1.11 too.

Cheers,

Scoob.
The Odysseus Mk1 front turret fired absolutely fine for me.

I can't see anything wrong with the Carrack's turrets either. I don't even think auto aim can be adjusted by a mod. Its hard coded as far as I'm aware. It certainly can't be altered on a per turret basis. Also, the Carrack's turrets have not been altered from vanilla, so if this was a bug it would be in vanilla too. Try cycling through the auto aim settings when you're sitting in the turret and see if anything changes.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 10:01

AuGuR wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:If you're talking about the extra coloured tab on the weapon compatibility list that doesn't seem to signify anything, this is an issue I've not been able to work out. Its purely cosmetic and hardly noticeable.
As far as weapon (and missle) compatibility goes, there's two places it's configured : TShips and TCockpits.

TCockpits holds the overall "weapons systems" categories, while TShips actually assigns what can actually be put on in the ship in game, tho restricted by the TShips.

IOW :

TShips compatibility shows Cluster Flak, but not Phased Repeater Gun.
TCockpits has an assigned category from SG_LASER_ARGON_LIGHT which includes both the Cluster Flak and Phased Repeater Gun.

With this setting, only the Cluster Flak will be mountable on the ship in game.

---------------------

Missiles appear to be a different animal, as their setting relies solely on what's in the TShips compatibility list.
I'm afraid that is not how it works at all (and believe me, I'm extremely well versed on how weapon compatibilities are set).

TShips will only set weapon compatibility on turrets with a viewport set to "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT". As soon as you set it to another viewport TCockpits takes over. Tships absolutely does NOT override TCockpits.

If I add a subtype with more than one weapon on, both weapons will be compatible unless masked by ship ware size compatibility. Its this "feature" that the entire XRM weapon structure is based on (as is the vanilla khaak and aldrin weapons as they are all on a single subtype).

So adding "SG_LASER_ARGON_LIGHT" to the main guns or a TCockpits entry will indeed add both the PRG and the CFA to the ship, unless the ship does not have XXL ware compatibility, in which case you will not see the CFA.

Also, TShips weapons compatibility is set using subtypes too in the same way as TCockpits, so its impossible in the XRM to just give a ship CFA compatibility. All you can do is add both and mask the CFA using ware size compatibility.

With the XRM, the vanilla subtypes go out of the window as I have completely rearranged them. They are no longer descriptive of the weapons that are there.

Missiles are set in exactly the same way, except solely in TShips.

But trust that the XRM weapon compatibility settings are 100% correct and there are no problems whatsoever.

(except for there being one annoying coloured tab in the compatibility list which occasionally appears and doesn't seem to be linked to a weapon of any kind - its just there and is just cosmetic and I think is a vanilla bug which is appearing because I utilise just about every subtype in the game. Its this that the original poster was referring to, I think).

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 10:13

dreis wrote:Hi Paul,

I think I already said this on your SRM mod thread, but it doesn't hurt to say it again: I can't play X3TC without your XRM. This is my default X3TC experience.
Thank you so much.

But I have a couple of questions:

Why do you guys, besides the obvious reasons, don't like the Paranids?
The terrans are the most privileged on XRM, ok, I know they lack a lot of ships, the Split have a lot of new capitals, the Teladis too. But Paranids? I can't recall even one new ship, besides the MK1 ones.

Also, there is no Jump drive on anywhere on Paranid Space, in my Paranid game I had to crawl my way into Rhonkar's Might to get my Jump drive. The Yaki sells it, the pirates, with the Pirate Guild, does it too, but the three eyed people? Not even close :(

Again, thanks for the mod and all your support.. but.. please! Give the Nids a break :D
Its not me that doesn't like the Paranids (hell, I think the Aggy is the best looking ship in the game). Its the ship modellers in this forum that are giving the Paranids no love.

There are no decent Paranid ships available at all, with the exception of Axeface's Thanatos (which is already in the XRM called the Ganymede) and Cadius' Nemesis Sentinel and Patroclus. Cadius' mod only adds one Paranid capital ship and its a port from another game and does not look like a Paranid ship - that's why I've not added it to the XRM.

As soon as someone releases a decent Paranid capital ship model I will look at adding it.

darkelfsin

Post by darkelfsin » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 10:21

So that ship mod stopped...... :? ..

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 10:24

by i was just wandering, Is it me or is the experimental seems quite OP compared to other M3's? I mean compared to the excaliber which has 4 x25MJ shields it has 2x200 mj shields, also it can go at 300+ while the exc goes 200+ andn ot to mention the weps+compatbilitys

Its a cool ship but it seems a bit cheating using it hehe :P

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 10:49

Nemesis_87 wrote:by i was just wandering, Is it me or is the experimental seems quite OP compared to other M3's? I mean compared to the excaliber which has 4 x25MJ shields it has 2x200 mj shields, also it can go at 300+ while the exc goes 200+ andn ot to mention the weps+compatbilitys

Its a cool ship but it seems a bit cheating using it hehe :P
Its already quite toned down from vanilla. It is supposed to be a very unique ship and is only obtainable by completing the plot or finding the research base that sells it. I guess I could nerf it a little more, but I do feel it should remain as one of the best ships in the game as its so hard to get hold of.

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 11:07

paulwheeler wrote: It is essential that you run this script if continuing a 1.11 game.

- Update all XRM components required

- Load your save

- If not already enabled, enable the script editor (change pilot name to "Thereshallbewings")

- Open the script editor and scroll down to the following script: "temp.xrm.1.11to1.12patch".

- Hit "r" then enter twice to run the script

- The script can be deleted once the patch is complete
real quick,
cant this just be renamed to with an 'al.plugin.<script>' so i dont have to turn on the script editor?
that way itll load when my save game loads,

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 11:20

Firewrath wrote:
paulwheeler wrote: It is essential that you run this script if continuing a 1.11 game.

- Update all XRM components required

- Load your save

- If not already enabled, enable the script editor (change pilot name to "Thereshallbewings")

- Open the script editor and scroll down to the following script: "temp.xrm.1.11to1.12patch".

- Hit "r" then enter twice to run the script

- The script can be deleted once the patch is complete
real quick,
cant this just be renamed to with an 'al.plugin.<script>' so i dont have to turn on the script editor?
that way itll load when my save game loads,
No. The patches are a "run-once" thing.

I've not written them to run every time the game loads and frankly that would be bad practise for something like this. Imagine fifteen patches down the line - if people don't manually delete the patches that will be fifteen unnecessary scripts running every time you load your save.

I could do an elaborate updating script which checks for updates, but that means a lot more work for me (and I mean A LOT! That kind of stuff is not simple to do).

There is no reason not to turn on the script editor. It does no harm at all.
Last edited by paulwheeler on Wed, 2. Nov 11, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 11:20

On a lack of Paranid stuff, I noticed that too, the Paranid are a hard race to love. I have some brainstorming for patch add-on's, adding more Paranid ship variants, a couple new weapons (displacing frag bombs to pirates and HEPT back to Commonwealth), and leveraging their nividium tech to hybridize Kha'ak tech. Like a semi-successful reverse engineered kyon PBE with better energy efficiency than a PBE, not as good as regular KE's, requires nividium as a production resource. Kha'ak fighters with a slight retexture as containerized ship fighter drones (script managed). Energy missiles via long range very low ROF lasers firing bullets that look like missiles, albeit unguided (variation on XTC's phase missiles). Hybrid rare ship variants able to use Kha'ak weapons, plus improved stats, characteristic purple glow highlights, and maybe a cluster inspired method of external docking all over the surface of a helios or demeter TM. Most of it made available via Paranid raiding party jobs in Kha'ak space. Doubt I'll get to that at the rate I'm going now though, not sure its the best route to go either. Adapting Kha'ak tech to Paranid is mostly as a counterpart to adapting AGI ship tech to Split and Terrans/ATF as drones, and pirates as illegal AGI hunted by ATF, though none quite as good as full Xenon tech. None of it is particularly imaginative though, just recycling stuff.

Another thought is doing something with their cloaking tech and espionage scenarios, like a Paranid counterpart to TSOG sub-faction, with or without missions. Would need a means to detect cloaked NPC's and working cloaking device for player ships, maybe with automatic bounty hunter spawns attached for balance.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 12:22

paulwheeler wrote:
The Odysseus Mk1 front turret fired absolutely fine for me.

I can't see anything wrong with the Carrack's turrets either. I don't even think auto aim can be adjusted by a mod. Its hard coded as far as I'm aware. It certainly can't be altered on a per turret basis. Also, the Carrack's turrets have not been altered from vanilla, so if this was a bug it would be in vanilla too. Try cycling through the auto aim settings when you're sitting in the turret and see if anything changes.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, possibly there was an odd weapon loadout on the three I encountered as none of them ever fired their front guns. I'm using MARS with the appropriate file for v1.12. I will check the ships more closely.

Regarding the Carrack, I've never had one before (Formidable Freebooter start) so maybe it is indeed a vanilla bug. The guns fire fine, under player or AI control, and have the proper firing arc too. It's just like you've accidently pressed "k" to turn off the aim-assist thing - basically it's like it's stuck on "SEMI"...really odd as only Left and Right turrets are effected. Shame as I do like jumping into the turrets every now and again.

For the record I'm using the Energy Bolt Chaingun in the Left/Right turrets and Flak Arty in the Rear/bottom...I will try swapping weapons around to see if it's related to that in any way. I have already tried pressing "k" to cycle modes...:)

Cheers,

Scoob.

P.S. you are very good at responding to posts here, it's appreciated! :)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 12:38

Scoob wrote:
P.S. you are very good at responding to posts here, it's appreciated! :)
I've got to do something to alleviate the boredom at work! :D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 12:53

The Teladi Osprey Sentinel can only mound IRE and PAC on its four turrets ,is this intended ? No EBC, PBG or FUSBL ? This Osprey could carry flak.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 13:17

Sorkvild wrote:The Teladi Osprey Sentinel can only mound IRE and PAC on its four turrets ,is this intended ? No EBC, PBG or FUSBL ? This Osprey could carry flak.
This is unavoidable and due to FUBL and EBC being on the same subtype. Giving it FUBL on its turrets would overpower it. There are always going to be some limitations due to only having a limited number of subtypes to play with.

All sentinels only have fighter weapons on their turrets since they have so many of them. The Heavy Osprey can mount FUBL and EBC all round.

Flak is a frigate class and higher weapon.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 13:38

You mean that enabling the EBC would enable FUBL as well ? Other Osprey variants can carry these two weapons and they are not so powerful. At least PBG could work with this one providing short range anti fighter defence.
We want the Boron back!

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:07

cheers for the reply paul, No need for a nerf i was just double checking thats how good its meant to be, now i wont feel guilty if i filled my CODEA carriers with these babys (losses from hostile cap ships with anti fighter weps will hate them and i wont need to worry about losses so much hehe)
Last edited by Nemesis_87 on Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:37

Sorkvild wrote:You mean that enabling the EBC would enable FUBL as well ? Other Osprey variants can carry these two weapons and they are not so powerful. At least PBG could work with this one providing short range anti fighter defence.
The Osprey Sentinel does have EBC and FUBL on its front turret. It just has PAC and IRE on the rest.

The Sentinels with main guns have medium weapons on the main and fighter weapons on turrets. Those without main guns (osprey and nemesis) have medium weapons on the front turret and fighter weapons on the rest.

I'll think about giving it PBG on left and right maybe.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:44

tell ya what though, M6's r good fun to have in XRM, nothing like how sucky they were in vanilla

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”