[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 09:57

Sk_2013 wrote:Jealous? Can't afford one?
Keep on dreaming :D
The Springblossom is one of the cheapest M6s buyable (at least TC - don't know about AP). And jealous? Not really. Imo this ship looks like escaped from Star Wars and so it does not fit to all the other ships ... and much less to Spitfyre and other terran ships (even if there was a long time between those days' and today's ships).

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 18:21

Hi Cadius, im playing your 2.01 TC version with stations, and i was wondering, what happened to the XXL SPP? I just started on a fresh install with your 2.01 and noticed they werent at any shipyard and i couldnt add them with the cheat script. Any help would be appreciated.
They've been removed temporarily in v2.0, I needed a fresh start on organizing the custom factories. I'll put them back in the future.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately guys, been kinda drowning in work at the moment.

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 18:39

No worries. Thank you for the reply.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 20:05

Alex Corvis wrote:
Sk_2013 wrote:Jealous? Can't afford one?
Keep on dreaming :D
The Springblossom is one of the cheapest M6s buyable (at least TC - don't know about AP). And jealous? Not really. Imo this ship looks like escaped from Star Wars and so it does not fit to all the other ships ... and much less to Spitfyre and other terran ships (even if there was a long time between those days' and today's ships).
Ok. True.

In any case, I'm adamantly against killing off the springblossom. High Speed, High Firepower, and while it does have problems docking, I'm always happy to over look them considering how much I like the ship.

As for ugly, (its only a light switch away?), I'm not arguing either way. I think it looks great, but that's because its practical.
Peace through superior firepower.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 05:28

I LOVE YOUR TERRAN SHIPS.

For... forever, I can remember despising how the terran ships looked. Just something about them didn't feel right. Then, stumbling across this ship pack and seeing these new ones, It's the joy of discovering the X-Universe all over again. Then, with the sweet-looking argon Daedalus, I'm in heaven. Wanted to give a whole-hearted thanks!

Cadius: I'm gonna nerd out here (more than already), and ask if I might be allowed to make a promotional video with your stuff. I'd probably focused on Terran and Argon ships, since (in my opinion) they're the best looking ships in the game. Your call.

Edit
Edit
Edit

Okay, Here's the problem I'm having.
I'm trying to use the following Mods
Cycrow's Advanced Jumpdrive + Overrides
Cycrow's Advanced Navigation Software + Overrides
Cycrow's Cheat Collection Package AP
Tatakau's Marine Repairs
Cycrow's Wing Hotkeys
Cycrow's Satellite Early Warning Network
Pelador's DAD Drones (specific-function drones)
EMP-X Mod (TC) (Lots of stuff that works for TC works for AP too, so far I've been able to tell at least) (Required for Pelador's DAD Drones)

Your Ship Package

The entire first section works great. No problems at all...

then I install your mod :oops:

Crashes before the opening vid. No error message except to tell me X# AP Has Stopped Working.

I know EMP-X modifies wares, and I'm assuming also stations. I know DAD Drones modifies stations. I noticed a Cadius's Station file when I installed everything. That was from the ships-only download. Am I doing something wrong?

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 07:42

**Double Post**
dunno why
Last edited by TonyEvans on Sat, 7. Jul 12, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 10:19

Not sure, but that doesn't sound like a problem with TShips/Stations/Docks/... since at least ships from older TShips simply won't appear or game will say savegame may be corrupt.
I'd rather say it sounds like a problem with Components or Dummies or CutData (though I'm not sure whether Xtra contains a CutData). Those files seem to be read while loading the game (not the savegame!). So maybe you should check whether some of your mods modifies these files and then creat a merged file in highest cat/dat (or unpacked in types folder).

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 12:48

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed that the Proteus seems to be using a model that's almost identical to one of the several possible configurations of the Legion class Strategic Cruiser from EVE Online. Not that I have a problem with this, but I did want to ensure that it was pointed out incase CCP (the company who puts out EVE) notices and decides to do something...

I'm only going off the screenshot as I don't have this mod installed...though I'm seriously considering it, even though it might be a bit of a pain...

Edit:
I feel a bit embarrassed now, having actually read the OP (I had skipped to the second post for the screenshots...) CCP was credited for various models, which likely includes the one I mentioned here... :oops:

blazin419

Post by blazin419 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 14:27

mr.WHO wrote:Hey Cadius, if you're still loking for OTAS Carrier then Halo 4 come with good concept:
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/8/81/HaloIGN9.jpg

Edit: Or it can be Argon M0.
Speaking of Halo ships, I've always wanted the Spirit of Fire from Halo Wars in X3TC. It looks perfect for a teladi M1 or M2.

Here are the largest images of it that I've found so far : http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... blazer.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/ ... -88%29.png

What do you guys think?

Edit : Here's a side view of the ship : http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... E._PNG.png

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 17:40

Alex Corvis wrote:Not sure, but that doesn't sound like a problem with TShips/Stations/Docks/... since at least ships from older TShips simply won't appear or game will say savegame may be corrupt.
I'd rather say it sounds like a problem with Components or Dummies or CutData (though I'm not sure whether Xtra contains a CutData). Those files seem to be read while loading the game (not the savegame!). So maybe you should check whether some of your mods modifies these files and then creat a merged file in highest cat/dat (or unpacked in types folder).

Found out it was conflicting with my Thunderbolt... maybe. The whole situation is confusing me now.

So, I copied a fresh game directory from a Stock file I keep (I copy them for different mods and testing).

I use Cycrow's plugin manager and add the Cheat Package, then follow the instructions to install the Xtra Ship Pack. I go in game and there's nothing there. I saw mention to enabling a cheat package. I looked at the initial launch menu, and the Select Cheat Package option wasn't highlighted (couldn't click it).

My first game I played before it started crashing worked right off the bat after I did the install instructions. I've no clue what's going on now.

Edit: I'm giving up on getting the entire pack.

Is there a guide to taking individual ships out of a mod like this and having only certain ones? I want the new Argon M2 and M7, all the new Terran fights, the new ATF Fighters, the new Terran Ships, and some of the ATF ships. The rest I can do without.

Simson51
x4

Post by Simson51 » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 21:43

Hello,
this mor ist great, but Ihave a little problem with the Teladi-Shipyard. My TL-transporter can't landing there.
How can I solve this problem?
This make me crazy :evil: .

Simson51

elmoosechacho

help

Post by elmoosechacho » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 05:14

So i copy and pasted just like in the directions, but the game launcher's "mod package" option is greyed out, and i can't seem to figure out how to install it with cycrow's plugin manager either. I can't seem to find the .spk file (if there even is one?)

I'm running AP and haven't had any other problems with installing the couple of scripts and mods i use.

This mod looks awesome and i'm fairly disappointed i can't figure this out

PLEASE HELP!

Edit:I'm sure it's some simple thing i missed

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 09:51

Simson51 wrote:Hello,
this mor ist great, but Ihave a little problem with the Teladi-Shipyard. My TL-transporter can't landing there.
This make me crazy :evil: .

Simson51
Guess you installed it to a running game? Then you will have to clone the shipyard using a cheat package or simply destroy it in some way. After respawning the TL will be able to dock.
elmoosechacho wrote:So i copy and pasted just like in the directions, but the game launcher's "mod package" option is greyed out, and i can't seem to figure out how to install it with cycrow's plugin manager either. I can't seem to find the .spk file (if there even is one?)

I'm running AP and haven't had any other problems with installing the couple of scripts and mods i use.

This mod looks awesome and i'm fairly disappointed i can't figure this out

PLEASE HELP!

Edit:I'm sure it's some simple thing i missed
Which game do you mean? And to which folder did you copy the cat/dat files. If they are in the main directory (where the vanilla cats/dats are; "x3 terran conflict" for TC and "x3 terran conflict\addon" for AP) then you won't have to select a mod since it's recognized as a (fake) patch. Then the files are loaded at the gamestart automatically.
To use the mod selector option they need to be placed in the subfolder "mods" in the games main directory.
And there are no skp scripts that would need the Plugin Manager. Simply copy the mod files to the same subfolder which they are in the downloaded file.

Hope that helpes.

elmoosechacho

Post by elmoosechacho » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 11:56

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!

i tried unpacking the folder in a different directory and the game just started crashing during the loading screen, so i had to reinstall.

I was trying both the AP and the TC game launchers. the game would launch, but no new ships via cycrow's cheat plugin nor purchasable by shipyard.

For whatever reason, i don't have a "x3 terran conflict" directory. my installation just has "C:\...\egosoft\x3 albion prelude\". which is weird, because i do have both games, the TC shortcut is even in the AP directory. So originally i had merged the "addon" folder with the one in my directory:

"C:\...\egosoft\x3 albion prelude\addon"

After reinstalling, and after copying the "addon" folder to adress above I now get the "you have new ships available etc, etc..." message, but still no new ships.

and just to be clear the cat/dat. files should be in:

"C:\...\egosoft\x3 albion prelude\addon\mods" ?
because by default, that's where they go when i merge the folders, but i still can't activate the mod from the game launcher which is funny because that's where you said it needs to be to do exactly that?

i'm starting have a feeling this has something to do with my lacking a TC directory outside of the AP one, but haven't the foggiest as towards what to do about it.

let me know if you have anymore ideas,

thanks for the help

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 19:37

And you can run AP from that folder? Since the default installation path from steam should be \steam\...\common\x3 terran conflict\addon.
Non Steam exe should work when copying the complete addon folder into another tc directory, but the pathes within tc folder should be all the same.

elmoosechacho

solved!

Post by elmoosechacho » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 02:02

Go ahead and laugh: I wasn't updated to AP 2.0 :\

I updated and still had to "select mod package" from the AP launcher, but no crash, and all the ships are there.

i knew it was something stupid, thanks for all the help anyways!

roborob
x3tc

Post by roborob » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 00:51

Hello,

I'm running X3 Terran Conflict version 3.2b. I've downloaded and installed X-Tra Ship/Station Pack v2.01 - Terran Conflict (Ships Only) to the letter. However when I load a saved game, I see the ships are still flying aroud using the old models and that the new ship variants haven't appeared for sale at shipyards.

I've tried starting a new game. I've double checked to make sure i'm playing with the mod package enabled. I've tried using the resetxtra pilot name function. I've flown to an uninhabited part of the galaxy and back again to try and force the ne models to load, but no luck! I get the two messages in the pilot log book stating that the new goodies are available, but I can't see evidence of that anywhere!

I'm not running any other mods that mess about with ship models, so this has really confused me. Anyone have any ideas what I missed?

i_dont_know_what_to_do

Post by i_dont_know_what_to_do » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 09:27

clint945 wrote:Hello, i'm using the Terran Conflict Ships and stations version 2.01 of your mod and it's stopped me from being able to place station complexes.

The screen still pops up allowing me to select what stations i want to connect but none of my stations are selectable, the list is empty, despite there being stations in the system that are able to be connected.

I tested this in Vanilla (using the same save) and it works fine.

i have the same problem...
i tried to load my old save game, fly to an empty sector, eject, send ship to OOS, and save while still in space suit, exit the game, install your mod, load the save, call my Mammoth with space fuel factory and space weed factory, build the stations, tried to connect with construction kits but the LIST IS EMPTY!!

i tried fresh install, only Xtra-ships/Stations mod and Cycrow Cheat Pack installed, start a new game, and warp to an empty sector but this time i cheated a mammoth and the station with the constructor kit using Add Stations to TL command.. but THE LIST IS STILL EMPTY!! repeated the process but this time i only cheated the Credits and buy the TL and Stations legit.. but the same results again...

i did whatever instruction the readme file that you have included in the download regarding the proper installation of the mod

can you look into this please?? im playing X3 : TC v3.2

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 04:26

Okay I'm back, lets see here..
Yes it's a known issue with some of the new stations if you are using a vanilla save game. You can either start a new game, this will reset all the broken stations so that they all work. Or you can destroy that teladi-shipyard and wait for it to respawn in 2 or 3 ingame days.

@roborob: Do you use the plugin manager by any chance? Could you please check in the "C:\...\x3 terran conflict\types" folder and see whether there is a file called "TShip", if yes you will need to remove this as it will override the mod.

@i_dont_know_what_to_do: I'll look into it. Can someone help confirm whether this issue also happens in the AP version? I have a hunch about whats causing the issue but need to make sure

roborob
x3tc

Post by roborob » Mon, 16. Jul 12, 18:00

I do indeed use the plugin manager. I never though of checking that, I'll give it a go and see what happens!

EDIT: That worked. Loaded a save, punched in resetxtra and everything looks great. Thank you!
Last edited by roborob on Mon, 16. Jul 12, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”