[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 09:07

Hello Paul!

Thanks for keeping running this mod!
And thank for all people contributed to XRM.

I would like to ask permission to publish small addon for XRM (not standalone). What it is:

I don't like in game engine textured effects because they look like hello from '90 in term of computer graphics. And what I hate most - lets say you make turn in your blastclaw and particles trail make some curve, but this huge "carrot" from your engine does not. For me, this stuff look like immersion breaker.
So I re textured fx_engine* dds to make it invisible.
And modifiyng effects.txt to compesate lose of textures by adding and adjusting flares.

Here's some result, however it is still in progress.
More screens for those who interested.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qruofg4xd6j94f3/Tyk97uRR8t

No more core files modified except :
effects
fx_engine* dds
some lensflare.dds (aqua lens flare)

dazedy
x3ap

Post by dazedy » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 21:31

Is it just my combination of mods, or are the engine flares of capital ships supposed to be this bright? It's a little ridiculous...

http://www.dropbox.com/s/74dse5knpl12b6 ... -25-29.bmp

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 22:08

dazedy wrote:Is it just my combination of mods, or are the engine flares of capital ships supposed to be this bright? It's a little ridiculous...

Wow. Elton John mod?
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 22:12

dazedy wrote:Is it just my combination of mods, or are the engine flares of capital ships supposed to be this bright? It's a little ridiculous...

looks like messed effects files

erevo

Post by erevo » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 22:34

Do any of the available storylines in XRM AP need a good standing with the Terrans? They've attacked me and been red to me since the start of the game, I figure its because of the war. Just need to know if I need to improve my standings with them or if I can just destroy them when I come across them. And they try to kill me anyway, but I can't shoot back otherwise I'll never have any hope of recovering my reputation.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 00:35

You have something else installed that alters the "effects" types file - probably an engine trails mod or a weapons mod. In either case it will break more than just the lens flares and will need to be removed and your game restarted.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 00:37

erevo wrote:Do any of the available storylines in XRM AP need a good standing with the Terrans? They've attacked me and been red to me since the start of the game, I figure its because of the war. Just need to know if I need to improve my standings with them or if I can just destroy them when I come across them. And they try to kill me anyway, but I can't shoot back otherwise I'll never have any hope of recovering my reputation.

The main terran plot requires good standing with the terrans.

dazedy
x3ap

Post by dazedy » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 02:23

paulwheeler wrote:

You have something else installed that alters the "effects" types file - probably an engine trails mod or a weapons mod. In either case it will break more than just the lens flares and will need to be removed and your game restarted.
I think I installed MARS wrong. Doing a clean re-install right now, and it fixed a whole lot of problems.

basicz
x3ap

Post by basicz » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 13:32

paulwheeler wrote:
basicz wrote:
basicz wrote:i've been playing very happily but I am getting irritated (and hurt) by the beam weapons that khaak uses (apart from the lag resulting from the weapon, the bright purple light hurts my eye so much...)
is there any way to change this?

I actually capped a Khaak corvette and tested out the alpha and beta emitters. i think the 'flashbangs' come from beta (as it still hurts when im the one firing it).

I took a look at the Tbullets.pck and from somewhere i read that the effect could be minimized by changing 'impact effect'. i lowered it for both weapons but that changes nothing in game.

any idea how could i reduce the effect?

thanks in advance :)
any ideas anyone???? :?

The problem is the location of the main guns on the corvette. They are right next to the cockpit view so when the beams fire they block your view. The only fix is to move the gun dummy locations - although personally i think its a good achilles heel for a ship that otherwise is far too good in the hands of the player - remember beams are bugged when manually fired by the player - they never run out of energy so are a massive cheat. In vanilla this ship cannot be obtained by the player.
TY. I guess once I combine it with MARS it gets kinda meaningless...dont think i'll sit in a khaak ship again :lol:

but it be possible to change the beam when i'm in the receiving end of it? everytime i get beamed by khaak ships my whole screen just flares up in bright white...

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 13:48

I like going round in my Khaak corvette, its OP as hell but its a nice bonus for actually fully exploring all sectors in AP to find it :) It also took me a week or so to acquire enough Beta cannon things from the barter system as they are so damn rare it seems.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

erevo

Post by erevo » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 18:40

I'm gathering hacker chips, and I'll buy the necessary equipment later when I have a decent amount of chips so that its actually useful. But for now I just need an indication. Is it just 1 chip per hacking attempt of a corvette or something? Or is it more? What about capital ships?

Also can you buy them anywhere? The encyclopedia doesn't list any places.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 14. Aug 13, 19:00

erevo wrote:I'm gathering hacker chips, and I'll buy the necessary equipment later when I have a decent amount of chips so that its actually useful. But for now I just need an indication. Is it just 1 chip per hacking attempt of a corvette or something? Or is it more? What about capital ships?

Also can you buy them anywhere? The encyclopedia doesn't list any places.
From experience its one hacker chip per hacking attempt, the success rate is however increased if a larger ship tries to hack a smaller ship.

They can be bought from most pirate bases and certain cooperation headquarters.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...

basicz
x3ap

Post by basicz » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 06:15

out of curiosity, what ships are you guys using for UT's?
Spoiler
Show
I only have 5 UTs running right now: Mistral, Demeter SF and Truelight Seeker. It seems truelight is making the most profitssssss despite it being the latest addition to the fleet.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 07:14

I use the Mistral SF because it has the best balance of speed, storage and ability to carry weapons, so its IMO the best ship. I also don't use UT I use OK traders as its better and produces more profits without the crazy losses that UT get.
In Flames We Trust

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 07:42

I've been sticking OK Traders in salvaged Truelight Seekers and Crusaders and those guys make a killing dealing weapons.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 10:16

basicz wrote:out of curiosity, what ships are you guys using for UT's?
Spoiler
Show
I only have 5 UTs running right now: Mistral, Demeter SF and Truelight Seeker. It seems truelight is making the most profitssssss despite it being the latest addition to the fleet.
Baldric Miner 117m/s, 5500 XXL cargo, 5x200MJ, 3 SSCs.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Thu, 15. Aug 13, 17:21

Just wanted to say that this is a great mod. I did have one question though regarding the way goods are moved. I realized that I see a lot of TS moving weapons and cargo around. Did you change anything to increase the number of NPC traders in the universe that are actually carrying goods? I haven't played a vanilla installation in years and I cannot for the life of me remember if one could actually make a living pirating freighters like I do now. I suspect that a lot of this has to do with the weapons outfitters which produces goods for trade as well.

Anyway, great job. This is tiding me over until November.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

erevo

Post by erevo » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 14:57

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Just wanted to say that this is a great mod. I did have one question though regarding the way goods are moved. I realized that I see a lot of TS moving weapons and cargo around. Did you change anything to increase the number of NPC traders in the universe that are actually carrying goods? I haven't played a vanilla installation in years and I cannot for the life of me remember if one could actually make a living pirating freighters like I do now. I suspect that a lot of this has to do with the weapons outfitters which produces goods for trade as well.

Anyway, great job. This is tiding me over until November.
You can do that. Use the freight scanner to see if they're carrying anything valuable, then shoot them until they're almost dead and have them eject it via comms. Also you can have them bail or hack the ship and then sell the ship. If you want to make money that way, do it selectively by making sure that they're super freighters. You can sell them for 1-2 mil a piece. Super freighter XL for 2 mil+.

------------

Question: Can you guys check in your encyclopedia if there's any non-paranid places that you can buy phased shockwave generators (PSG) at, because they hate me so I can't buy it at their stations. But I've been capturing their ships, so I want a few of them to equip them with.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 15:10

There is a board station script you could use to get some Paranid stations.
In Flames We Trust

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 17:03

Oh I know all about pirating, I have actually written several guides. I am mostly curious to see if he changed something so that freighters actually carry valuable cargo or if it is a side effect of the way that the stations now produce goods to keep the economy running.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”