[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 22:52

Beams are just buggy. The effects are laggy, the damage-over-time calculations are laggy, there's the bug where they continuously fire if the player fires manually, etc. The only fix is to remove them - personally id rather put up with the problems.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 01:56

paulwheeler wrote:Beams are just buggy. The effects are laggy, the damage-over-time calculations are laggy, there's the bug where they continuously fire if the player fires manually, etc. The only fix is to remove them - personally id rather put up with the problems.
Not only do they continue to fire when fired manually, they draw no additional power, yet continue to do damage. This seriously raises the DPS of the turret set controlled by the player, since there is no delay between shots.

The most useful thing about manually controlling turrets with beams is the ability to track targets with the beams. This makes the capital beams somewhat useful for anti-fighter work as you can get more than a brief bit of damage against them. I do wish that the various turret scripts (both vanilla, and mods) could track their target with the beams, but I guess that they just aren't' designed to, since beams were not really meant to be accessible in large numbers in vanilla.

I do wonder if the beam weapon in Rebirth has the same issues as the X3 ones...
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:20

Small problem I've noticed in X3 editor.

I don't know which mod that I've installed might causing this, but most XRM ships in the editor is missing names. On the left hand side, it only displays thing such as "SS_SH_OTAS_M7". On a nameless ship's general tab, in the name field, it says "String [17:80320] not found"

I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but couldn't pinpoint the language file that is causing this as I'm not quite sure which file is used for XRM ship naming.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:25

Check that your profile is pointing to the correct folder. X3Editor is not finding the correct page with the XRM names. It *should* be able to find the page, so something is not quite right with your setup.

If you have not already done so, try opening TShips from VFS (File Menu / Open from VFS).

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:44

Open from VFS, under addon\types, there's only 4 files (gamestarts, jobs, tdocks, and twaret). The pathing to TC/AP folders are also correct in x3 editor configs.

Really weird.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 23:47

That sounds like a bad installation.

Open from VFS *automatically* finds folders under the addon tree (when your profile is set up correctly). There should be no "addon" folder in the Open from VFS window.

Are those four files installed into addon\addon\types?

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 00:02

Welp, finally found the cause. I swaped my XRM modded TC folder with a vanilla modfree TC(didn't touch addon) some time ago for whatever reason. So the editor actually couldn't find the XRM files under TC rather than addon.

After moving the XRM TC files back into my steam TC folder, it's back to normal...

Cipry

Post by Cipry » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 03:05

Bartering has stopped working, after 7 days of gameplay, for no aparent reason.(it's greyed out). It pisses me off because this is one of my favourite features in XRM.
I used Cycrow's cheat package, if it's of any relevance. (for some minor things like instant dock, warp to sector etc.) Maybe i've done some damage?
What can i do?

FischAP
x3ap

Post by FischAP » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 04:11

Etyneo wrote:Should be noted that with my PHQ, which I bought from a shipyard or showroom, I don't have the issue of needing all those extra resources to build things.
As this is my last straw, where can i buy a PHQ ?
I tried everything, got through the terran plot just now, same thing.
Cheated a PHQ, same thing.
I still need all resources to build ships.

Btw, i think its sort of stupid that you need terran food and water as an argon to build terran ships. It's not like i abducted terran engineers to build my ships. I reverse engineered them so MY argnu-beef eating folks can build the ships themselves :)
Do you need spaceflies as food for khaak ships ?

#edit Really the only problem are the ice roids, because I need permanent terran access for those.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 05:53

gastovski wrote:What is your favorite M7 class ship (not m7m or m7c). I just loved Agamemnon due its great shield and weapon diversity. My second choice is Hayabusa because it has solid speed and powerful main guns.
IMO, Paranid and Teladi have the overall better frigates

and heavy assault frigates are also useless as light destroyers completely destroy them stats wise while not being that much higher to equip/buy/produce/maintenance

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 06:24

@FischAP:

IIRC, there was an ice roid in Profit Center Alpha in vanilla game ( quite a low value one, though, but without the Water Purification, which only Terrans seem to posess, you can´t really use it ). Also, PTNY HQ used to buy/sell ice ( and/or water, don´t remember exactly ).

You could always barter Water, MRE, and Hull Plating, but for bigger ships you´d need tonns of them.
You could also set up a trating post of yours, or the HUB perhaps, and buy these products for an attractive price for third party traders, i guess.
Also, i´m playing as Terran right now, and i need chips, qt, and comp. components to built my ships. But there are no such Terran fabs, and i have to rely on Commonwealth tech, whether i want to be friend with anyone or not.

One thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that Terran Hull Plating needs ore additional to e-cells, while a Teladianium fab doesn´t ( only npc factories use it as a secondary ressource ). Actually, it should be Teladianium Panneling that is used to construct the ships, imo, rather then that raw Teladianium, but i´ve yet to see a fab that can produce it.

@nap_rz:
That´s quite true, esp. if you consider that Light Destroyers have a much higher hull value, esp. with hull packs addons.
And while the price diference might be only about 10-20 millions, you could say the same about "old timer" Frigates like Yokohama vs. Assault Frigates in general; who would buy a ship with total of 14 guns, low hull value, and only marginable speed advantage, when you can have a decent war ship. The only real difference comes when you mass purchasing theese ships from shipyards, when 10x20 millions add up to 200m., but anyone who wan´t to assamble fleets actually builds up complexes + shipyards of ones own, and then the price diffence there doesn´t really count, i think.
Btw: anyone here who uses those "old timers"? ( just curious )
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

simballine
x4

Post by simballine » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:08

I would just like to show some gratitude, Paul. I haven't yet invested in X Rebirth because of the release issues, but XRM is keeping me going strong in the X Universe. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 07:31

FischAP wrote:As this is my last straw, where can i buy a PHQ ?
I'll have to look it up the next time I'm ingame. Think it was from one of the major Argon shipyards/showrooms, though. Might check Argon Prime, Cloudbase South East, Argon Sector M148, Black Hole Sun, etc.

You can cheat in an ice asteroid if you really need to, but you'll likely also have to cheat in the appropriate stations to use it.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 08:36

Cipry wrote:Bartering has stopped working, after 7 days of gameplay, for no aparent reason.(it's greyed out). It pisses me off because this is one of my favourite features in XRM.
I used Cycrow's cheat package, if it's of any relevance. (for some minor things like instant dock, warp to sector etc.) Maybe i've done some damage?
What can i do?
The cheat package would not have caused that. Double check that all the xrm scripts are in place then change sectors and dock at a different station. Let me know if the problem persists.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 08:38

FischAP wrote:
Etyneo wrote:Should be noted that with my PHQ, which I bought from a shipyard or showroom, I don't have the issue of needing all those extra resources to build things.
As this is my last straw, where can i buy a PHQ ?
I tried everything, got through the terran plot just now, same thing.
Cheated a PHQ, same thing.
I still need all resources to build ships.

Btw, i think its sort of stupid that you need terran food and water as an argon to build terran ships. It's not like i abducted terran engineers to build my ships. I reverse engineered them so MY argnu-beef eating folks can build the ships themselves :)
Do you need spaceflies as food for khaak ships ?

#edit Really the only problem are the ice roids, because I need permanent terran access for those.
I will look again at ship building requirements for the next update. While i do want terran ships to require some terran products, i do agree with you regarding food.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 11:06

nap_rz wrote:
gastovski wrote:What is your favorite M7 class ship (not m7m or m7c). I just loved Agamemnon due its great shield and weapon diversity. My second choice is Hayabusa because it has solid speed and powerful main guns.
IMO, Paranid and Teladi have the overall better frigates

and heavy assault frigates are also useless as light destroyers completely destroy them stats wise while not being that much higher to equip/buy/produce/maintenance
Light destroyers, you mean mk1 versions right?. If so i'm not going to build an armada(Raven and Ares class). That would be waste of resources for sector defense i think.

FischAP
x3ap

Post by FischAP » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 14:42

paulwheeler wrote: I will look again at ship building requirements for the next update. While i do want terran ships to require some terran products, i do agree with you regarding food.
That would be great. I agree you need terran materials for building terran ships. But all of them except ice i can get by making nice with the terrans. At least for a little while. Something you need to do for the Shady business plot anyway.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 17:30

@gastovski:

Light Destroyers all have a speed near 100 m/s, and shielding of 3x2G ( except Split with 2x2G )and would be:
Paranid - Poseidon
Terran - Tobosaku A
Argon - Boreas
Split - Krait
Boron - Oceanus, iirc...
Teladi - the don´t have one, afaik

Statweise Pirate Brigantine is also a rather Light Destroyer, but it´s more powerfull, actually. Along with Yakis Akuma it is already kind of Medium Destroyer, due to it´s insane shield regen. rate, i´d say.

P.S: why has Ego called these ships Destroyers? They should be labeled as Cruisers
:roll:
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 20:35

FischAP wrote:#edit Really the only problem are the ice roids, because I need permanent terran access for those.
Nah get Gazz's super tractor beam and you can move asteroids round the universe, I do it to make super complexes in single sectors
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

toomutch
x3ap

XRM installed - Betty has lost her voice

Post by toomutch » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 21:55

Hi All,
Been playing X3AP vanilla since release without problems. Decided to install XRM script which seemed to go ok, but Betty has lost her voice!

When starting a new game, I get the message that XRM is running and I have music, I have effects, just the voice is missing. I have checked the volume is turned up to 100% and I am getting the subtitles.
The instructions for installing XRM said to remove / rename the file 00044.pck in the /mov folder, but didn't say anything about replacing it with anything - is this correct?
Fairly new to the modding side of the game, but been playing vanilla since X-BTF so know how the basics should work.

Many thanks,
Toomutch

Edit: merged with XRM thread, as per S&M posting rules. X2-Illuminatus
System Spec: ZX Spectrum. Memory - 16K with 32K add on pack. Sound - Cheetah Speech box. Graphics - mums old telly

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”