[MOD]Battlestar Galactica X3ap[14/11/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 17:49

Meliav wrote:Hey guys

About this new update, nice to see the docking issues solved.
Have yet to check the new cargo values but, tbh (not a criticism, just my idea here), the big cargo hold makes perfect sense, since this is, after all the remains of the human race running for their lives, so all they have they carry with them.

Besides, i never liked the vanila idea that a small TS can have more cargo space then a big M1 or M2. so this big holds suit my idea better.
But ill check and see whats different.

Thx for all the work, guys.

Cheers
What I do in this case is use X3 editor and change a few things to suit me.

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 18:31

Oh, i know that, just stating a fact :)

Its still a silly idea that a transport ship has bigger hold then a giant battleship. A TL, sure, a TS, naw.

Quite an oversight from the devs, if u ask me
As an example, if you use a vanilla TL with the script that lets you repair space debris (turning it into a ship/station), the TL simply cant hold all the components, making that script useless.

I used an Orca, btw.
I transfer all the comps into my flattop and voila, a brand new EQ from the ashes of the debris, while i have atlantia fighters flying CAP for me :)

You simply have to thank this guys, the scripts they create make an already great game into an excellent game.

Btw, something i wanted to say before, once i finished the plot and was given the ownership of the player sector, BIG surprise regarding the system name, wasnt expecting that one.

Very well done :)

Cheers
Strength through Unity

kwar74
x4

Post by kwar74 » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 13:44

Great mod! Btw please update stats on Skydrive

dracule
x3tc

Post by dracule » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:10

Hi Guys
Is this working steam version of the game?

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:25

@kwar
Ok, i'll take a look at the stats tonight an will update them!)
@Dracule
Of course, it requires X3 AP 3.1 which is available only via Steam =)

Good hunting,
X3AP BSG Team

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 00:05

@kwar74
Sorry, I'm really busy atm with some scripting stuff as well as non-X3 activities, so I don't have any time to compare all existing specs with an excel. Anyway, I've looked at this and can tell you that EN version is actual one, some ships cargobays were rebalanced though. I'll fix everything in the table this weekends.

Sorry again(

Cheers,
X3AP BSG Team

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 21:56

Vertion of BSG Mod 3.1.3

Hi friends

Here is, what I beilieve to be the last update of BSG mod as we Know it.
Hoppe the next one will be the one MilesRS has been anouncing. "The full Redo"

Since I'm tyered to live here we go...

BSG mod Ver. 3.1.3 -- 2014-01-18

This vertion is not save game compatible, you'll have to start a new game.
The reason why is because there's a new mission to save Colonial one, right after the Jump to the X-Universe and if you don't restart then you'll not have the new feature that I will describe next.

It is imperative that before do the update, the player must DELETE on the Game's folder/addon the Director Folder if there is one and only then make the update allowing any replace file requested.

To install the mod without the auto updater just download it from my signature, unzip the zip file and drag and drop the addon and soundtrack folders in to your game's folder alawing any replace file requested. Then (if you did'nt before) when started the game on the first window hit the "Select Mod Package" botton and select the "Killerog, JCC, MilesRS BSG AP" mod and then hit OK and only then you can hit start botton.

Changes:

- After the player jumps from Excalibour to Inamus Zura, there will comme a massage from President Laura Roslin in distress, after that, the player will receive a guidence to where the Colonial One is.
Once get there, the player will receive another massage from Laura to hurryup they are being atacked, the player has to destroy the atackers and save the Colonial One, from that point there's a passenger in Colonial One called Laura Roslin, that passenger can be mooved to any Player owned ship but if it gets killed, by the ship she is on being destroyed or the ship she is looses the Cargo Life suport system or she is in space and get shoot, resuming the Passenger Laura Rosilin gets destroyed any how then player gets a massage from Mission Director thelling him that the game is over, after 7secs the game is realy over and loads the main menu and you'll have to reload the last saved game where the president Laura was alive.

- Fixed some minor issues on the Cylon Spowning (Those guys allways with issues) and changed a bit how they spown, now for them to spown for the first time, the player needs to have at least 20 sectors known and after that every 75/100 mins the recon party spowns and the rest you already know.

- Fixed the issue of the Heavy Rayders not undocking from the Basestar on the Galactica's first encounter Mission.

- Removed the Cargo life Suport System from factory in all Colonial ships exept BS Galactica, BS Pegasus, BSG Shuttle and Assault Raptor Prototype. Only on this 4 exeptions there's no risk of loosing the Cargo Life Suport System by dammaging the hull. Now the Gemini Freghter can do the TL missions where is needed to transport someone (if it has the CLSS installed).
On Cylon ships only the Basestar and the Ressurrection ship has the Cargo Life Suport System from factory.

- Added 3 Tourrets with 12 viper kews each to the Basestar for defence proposes since when it runs out of missile it does'nt have any defenses left.

Please Max Valutin, you have some translations to do on file 7576 to Russian.

I hoppe not being killed first time I step out for making you guys restart your game again, but I believe it will be worth.

Enjoy it

Cheers
Last edited by jccpsc on Mon, 20. Jan 14, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
X3AP BSG Team
Latest version of BSG Mod ver 3.1a.1
Release Date 2016-09-11

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7B94x ... sp=sharing

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 23:45

Thanks again to JCC for supporting current version! =)

The update to 3.1.3 is now available via updater!

Enjoy!

UPD:
@kwar74
BSG content specs EN updated (at least all military ships).

Good hunting,
X3AP BSG Team

cytosine

Post by cytosine » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 19:05

Oh yeah, this update is ROCKIN!!!

Good job fellas!!!

-Cyto

YorkRoss
x4

Post by YorkRoss » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 10:31

Hey Everyone!
I was poking around the t files and I noticed these interesting names:

Battlestar Ociania
Battlestar Nova
EA Destroyer(Eastern Alliance Destroyer)

Does this mean that you will add these two Battlestars in the next major release or are these scrapped ideas that weren't cleaned up yet? And what is with the EA destroyer?

Also, Shouldn't the Viper Mark VII(7) Prototype be the Viper Mark VIII( 8 ) Prototype, since it is an evolution of the Mark 7 and presumably the next step of the Viper Line of Fighters? Same goes for the Assault Raptor Prototype(Advanced Assault Raptor Prototype or Assault Raptor Mark II Prototype maybe? Then again the names are quite long, unless you remove 'prototype'). I don't know, these two names just bugged me. :/ But then again, it's minor and it IS your mod, so do whatever the hell you want with it.

I do love the mod though, I've been looking forward to this type of mod for a while(since when I first started playing X3) and I do hope that "The Full Redo" is just as amazing, if not much more.

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 11:21

@YorkRoss
Hello!)
Yes, this names are unused and 100% will not be used in future xD
As for other stuff, somehow names will be changed anyway...
And again, we'll anounce some stuff on the 1st of February xD

Good hunting,
X3AP BSG Team

kwar74
x4

Post by kwar74 » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 14:41

@MaxVatutin
"...And again, we'll anounce some stuff on the 1st of February xD"

I can't wait :D

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 05:57

Hi, really love the mod, especially the newly updated Galactica model. One question thou. I've done a bit of research in the modding forum, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. What should I need to change/adjust, if I want Galactica/Pegasus ship model to be "smaller" in game? Currently, the ship is almost as big as the vanilla TC's Valhalla. This is just my personal preference.

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 08:33

@Spectre01
You have to export ship models into 3Ds Max or similar program and make changes to the model, then just import the model back to the game. But be sure if you change the size to leave vipers tubes as they are, in other case vipers may be crashing while undocking...
In fact i'm not a modeler, so you could w8 for MilesRS reply (he's working with models for the mod).
But i can say that the size of Galactca and Pegasus is ok, because Galactica for example should be 1,5km long... And no need to compare BSG ships with vanilla ones. They use different tech, also BSG ships should ha e a crew up to few thousands people, while vanilla ships are controlled by the computer and have crews of few people in total...

Cheers,
X3 AP BSG Team

MilesRS
x4

Post by MilesRS » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 12:16

@Spectre01
Max is correct. You would need to extract the models and import them into 3ds max. However as he as explained if you reduce the size of the galactica you would have to reduce the size of the viper launch tubes. The issue is you will only be able to reduce the size by a very small margin, or risk having the vipers explode when undocking.

Max is also correct on the size account, there size is proportionate with the amount of crew they would have.
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 16:36

An idea for the next update. I use CODEA a lot, so wondering if it would be possible to add an M5 and M8 class ships?

MaxVatutin
xr

Post by MaxVatutin » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 16:56

centfrac wrote:An idea for the next update. I use CODEA a lot, so wondering if it would be possible to add an M5 and M8 class ships?
CODEA probably will not be compatible with the new mod. I'll try to implement our own similar to CODEA system instead =)

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 23:41

Hi I'm preparing a update for the actual mod.

there will be some small fixes and the viper MK II and the Assault Raptor will be M4 and m8 reaspectly.

Note: I don't know what CODEA does.

JCC
X3AP BSG Team
Latest version of BSG Mod ver 3.1a.1
Release Date 2016-09-11

Google Drive- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7B94x ... sp=sharing

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 01:20

Hi again.

About CODEA, please keep it compatible.

Its just THE script to use if you fly M1s (carriers).

Since battlestars are carriers, it makes perfect sense.

Vanilla carrier handling is, oh well, lets say unfinished.

I never, EVER ran a game without CODEA for my carriers

Add CODEA with military transport and its just perfect.

Hiring my pilots and crew, paying a salary and seeing them being promoted is just, awesome :)

Just my two cents on this :)

Cheers
Strength through Unity

MilesRS
x4

Post by MilesRS » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 01:39

@Meliav
We cannot promise that codea will be compatible, because the new mod will include our own custom version!! Max is hard at work on a variety of scripts and one of these includes our version of codea. A fleet command script for carriers made for the bsg universe!! Pilots, crew, promotions, all of that will be included!

So be patient, 1st of February we promise to bring you some interesting news and info!

X3ap BSG team
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”