[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 04:12

I am glad I held my tongue about the Akuma. I had a feeling you'd get to it sooner then later Cadius.

As for my sector idea, I understand this isn't an expansion mod, but every little idea helps.

Personally, I can't wait to see Egosoft release X4, if they ever do. Rebirth wasn't all that good, but I did like the updated systems and graphics, which added even more visual and physical depth to the game. And the Xenon I in Rebirth is probably by far the best Xenon ship I have ever laid eyes on. If Egosoft would combine the good points of Rebirth with the X3 formula, I think we could have a winner on our hands guys.

As a side-note, how many people think they (Egosoft) should either add a Point-To-Point Jumpdrive or bring back the gate network for the next game?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 20:34

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 20:42

wow what a ship, the back reminds me of the puddle jumpers froom stargate Atlantis, i think i am going to be using yaki ships alot more from now on

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 23:29

:) :) good work, very nice ships .. i am happy its cool
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Spirus
xr

Post by Spirus » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:36

Sorry if I missed it but are you making the Yaki a new M6?

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 04:08

Uh, question, what's wrong with the current Yaki TL? I mean 12 fighters, big enough turrets to carry IBLs (a lot of them), what's not to love, other then the speed and turn rate.

P.S. And why the hell has no one other then Pault commented on my ideas here? I don't do this for my own amusement....well, actually I do, but everyone has to have a hobby right?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 18:15

Whoops, didn't realize Yaki already had a TL. Model replacement then.

Yaki TL Ryu
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Made a bit of changes to the frontal bit, added hangar bays.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 18:48

Happens to the best of us Cadius. Shouldn't have assumed you knew about it when you didn't. I would throw up my only actually good ship idea but it would be hard to put the visual look into words. Good work on the model btw, looks less like the cargo version of your Rokh and more like a TL.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 20:59

Stargazzer811 wrote:1. New Aldrin Ships: Yes, you read the title correctly. I feel as though Aldrin would have more then just two kinds of ships. Plus, I cannot speak for you and everyone else here, but I am getting tired of seeing so many corvette and heavy fighter icons on my grav.

Here's what I was thinking of to help remedy that: first, a rather fast TS super freighter to help replace some of the load transporting Springblossoms. It should be of a similar look (as far as material and paint) to the other Aldrin ships, and should be fast as the colonists of Aldrin didn't have TOA's (trans-orbital accelerators) before Earth discovered them. Next, a patrol frigate or similar kind of M7 class ship, some thing with high speed and good load capacity for long hauls. Lastly, a M1/M2 hybrid ship, kind of an old Earth tech battlecruiser, again with good speed and load capacity, as well as docking space for, say, 12 fighters, and maybe a M6/M8/TP/TS docking slot.

As far as design, all the ships should look like they belong 700 years in the past, and I was thinking for the M7 and M1/M2 hybrid you could use the Yaki Senshi's centrifuge (retextured and on a different scale, of course) as I don't think Aldrin would have capital-sized artificial grav generators.
I like the idea to add more aldrin ships to the game, but i wouldn't go around adding M1's or M2's into the game unless it had a solid backstory on why the aldrin's never constructed such vessels on a wide magnitude. I do however like the idea of maybe a few new trader ships maybe a TL class... not sure about this ether :? but as far as super trader ships that would be nice... one thing i love about this mod is the baldric super frieghter XL.. maybe if this was implimented to the aldrin people it Caudius could give whatever ships he desgined the 'old and rusty look' so that it would fit in and maybe something not too tech'y like the terrans.

but nice idea its gave me alot to think about...

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 01:28

I hear where your coming from. As far as the M1/M2 Hybrid idea and even the M7 idea as well, I was thinking something post Resource Plot. After all those new sectors have been found and one gate leads to a Xenon sector, I think it would be best if Aldrin created their own heavies to the USC out, or at the very least pulled some out of storage. That's where the backstory would come in handy.

I did have one really good idea like I said, but I think it would be too OP for the game. :sceptic:

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 01:44

Stargazzer811 wrote:I hear where your coming from. As far as the M1/M2 Hybrid idea and even the M7 idea as well, I was thinking something post Resource Plot. After all those new sectors have been found and one gate leads to a Xenon sector, I think it would be best if Aldrin created their own heavies to the USC out, or at the very least pulled some out of storage. That's where the backstory would come in handy.

I did have one really good idea like I said, but I think it would be too OP for the game. :sceptic:
Hmmm tbh this could work, the Aldrins did sign a treaty with the Terrans in the end of X3TC.. by X3AP they seem'd to have fully formed into the USC. That been said if you joined a war effort I'm sure you'd keep a stockpile of weapons incase things went tits-up... maybe it could be for internal-affers it would only make sense that the Aldrins had some form of interceptor/ destoryer/ warship ... I just wouldn't really want to make them common as seen how crippled Aldrin was at the end of X3TC ... I would suggest something like a crossbread between the albion pride, terraformer and maybe xenon ship with the graphed aldrin texture would work nice

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 06:08

It could, though a wholly new design would work just as well. Of course, I cant design a ship on a computer for my life. On paper though, I could draw up....well, just about anything, ship-wise.

I do have a new idea though for Cadius...... :twisted:

1. OWP Help: Now Cadius, we know your taking care of the OWP activation script for TC and AP, but you seem to be lacking one; not a script, but a platform. Your Terran Medium OWP is missing, it never got finished from what I understand. I have something of an endeavor that may help solve that.

I was looking at the Terran Matter/Anti-Matter Mine Fabrication station today as I flew past smoking some Xenon. And suddenly I got this crazy thought: Extra-large OWPs for everyone......and then I said, nope, the man (you Cadius) is busy enough as it is, so instead, I thought this: if he takes his current large Terran OWP and moved it into the medium category, he could make a slightly scaled down version of the M/AM Mine Fab into a Large Terran OWP.

In all sanity, it could work, if you scale it down enough. Leave the center circle open, shorten the arms, make one outer circle a dedicated area for fighter launch/landing and M6/M8/TS/TP/TM docking, make another an administration/control-like area, and leave the third with all the spires as comms and storage. Then arm all three outer circles, and there you have it, a large orbital weapons platform/ battle station.

If that's too much insanity, please tell me. Seriously, tell me. :|

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 13:31

Hi guys,

i have a question, are all the new ships already contained in this MOD or come a new version?

Because the first post didn't current edited.
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 15:58

The very first post, years ago, contains the ship list. Every ship on that list is in the mod. The new ships Cadius is currently designing will be added in the next version, which he is currently working on.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 17:05

Spanking new Yaki Fleet terrorizing Argon space.

M1 Hoshi Class Carrier
[ external image ]

M2 Akuma Class Destroyer
[ external image ]

M7 Akurei Class Frigate
[ external image ]

M7 Kariudo Class Light Carrier
[ external image ]

TL Ryu Class Heavy Transporter
[ external image ]

M4 Kensai Class Interceptor (Standard/Sentinel/Raider)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 18:32

Cadius wrote:Spanking new Yaki Fleet terrorizing Argon space.

M1 Hoshi Class Carrier
[ external image ]

M2 Akuma Class Destroyer
[ external image ]

M7 Akurei Class Frigate
[ external image ]

M7 Kariudo Class Light Carrier
[ external image ]

TL Ryu Class Heavy Transporter
[ external image ]

M4 Kensai Class Interceptor (Standard/Sentinel/Raider)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Wow !! Really love the TL it looks awesome really nice work keep it up :D if you don't mind me asking, whats your next project ? :D

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 18:35

quick question:

Is there a google doc spreadsheet or excel sheet that has the ship stats?

In particular I'm curious to know what you have mapped as "SPARE LASER 1/2".
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 18:43

@pault193: A Yaki TS XL and perhaps an M6, and that should do it for this version.

@Tritous: Eh sorry, no one has ever made one. Nothing is mapped to SPARE LASER 1/2. This mod does not touch weapons, only ships and stations.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 19:13

great work cadius, as always!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 20:29

some of these ships show compatibility to SPARE 1/2. Are these weapons in AP not in TC maybe?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”