[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 22:43

ascendence wrote:hey guys, first time player here, i installed the mod and everything works so far, i also installed the cockpit mod but i dont like those at all so i deleted those two files and the cockpit is now gone ingame, but it looks like this now :(

what do i do?

http://i.gyazo.com/e341564973398cf145f8d0f2a9c0bf7a.jpg

<Oversize image replaced by link. Alan Phipps>
It is al while ago, But I had the same thing. I think I could easily solved the problem, by leaving your ship, and going back in to your ship again.
If this is not helping, try docking to a station. If it helps, make a new save.
Hope this helps, like I said, it is a time ago, so I don't know for sure again, if this solves the problem.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 11:30

Just change sectors and it will be fixed. You just need the cockpit scene to be reloaded .

ascendence
x3ap

Post by ascendence » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 14:28

it worked, thanks!

asyikarea51
x4

Post by asyikarea51 » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 15:54

Hi guys, decided to get back into X3AP+XRM, miss the fleet action of big spaceships killing each other, but limited free time means I'm just spawning things and messing around.

So I spawned in a J Mk I but I can't get any ship to dock with it. Is something wrong with my install, or is this one of those leftover issues, no docking entry/exit in the scene maybe? (I don't care too much for the Commonwealth Mk I ships so I wouldn't know if those have working docks.)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 10:02

The mk1 xenon ships don't spawn in the xrm, so I've never bothered to get them working properly.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 10:05

What's the point about the Pirate Heavy Osprey? Usually the Pirate versions of ships have better weaponry than their usual versions, but this corvette has four guns less and seems to be inferior in every way.

Klinkle

Post by Klinkle » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 14:17

I'm getting this weird bug when trying to do terran station building missions. It says "Build lookup.type.maker.name@393733" I'm not entirely sure if XRM is the cause of this, but I'd be extremely grateful for any assistance.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 19:49

Klinkle wrote:I'm getting this weird bug when trying to do terran station building missions. It says "Build lookup.type.maker.name@393733" I'm not entirely sure if XRM is the cause of this, but I'd be extremely grateful for any assistance.
That is a mission director problem. The XRM doesnt touch much of the MD and I've never seen this issue before, so I suspect something else might be causing it.

Nicky21

Post by Nicky21 » Mon, 22. Jun 15, 12:29

Hi guys, great mod, lots fo fun, but i have one issue:

I followed the installation instrucions to the letter, but i have no voice in game. I have sound effects, but no voice over.

Any ideas ?

PS: i deleted the 00044.pck file.
Traian

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 08:17

That usually indicates that part 2 is not installed correctly (in which case you're missing a lot more than just the voice).

Post a screenshot of your install folder and I'll take a look.

Nicky21

Post by Nicky21 » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 11:12

I decided to delete TC and install AP instead. Maybe this will cure the issue, so I can't show you a screenshot.

I asure you the mod was installed corectly. cat/dat files renamed properly, and the only other mod I had has the cockpit mod. This was a on a fresh TC install. Everything in the mod worked great except betty kept her mouth shut. On second thought, this might not have been so bad after all...

Anyway, downloading AP now and keeping fingers crossed.
Traian

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 18:25

OK - but if betty still does not work, please post a screenshot as she absolutely should work and it can be a sign that there are other more fundamental problems.

asyikarea51
x4

Post by asyikarea51 » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 13:14

paulwheeler wrote:The mk1 xenon ships don't spawn in the xrm, so I've never bothered to get them working properly.
That explains it. Thanks.

Nicky21

Post by Nicky21 » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 10:57

It was the X3's problems with windows media codecs. I fixed it , thank you for your help !!!!

Great mod, btw !
Traian

Kelrian
x3ap

Not sure is XRM, X3AP, or user error but..

Post by Kelrian » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 00:37

Whenever I start a game, new or saved, a weird thing happens to me. I am not allowed to dock at any station anywhere. Use a different folder than my steam install, No steam exe installed, XRM is the only major mod installed. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance. Also I get the Corporation Troubles plot within 5-8 minutes of starting a new game. Is this normal? Thanks for the help in advance.

EDIT: Typo correction

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 13:59

Hi,

got back to X3 after a while, used to play TC, going to try AP & XRM now. I've heard that OOS in AP has changed a bit and was wondering what actually matters (now) with regard to lasers: dph or dps?

Best regards..

paulwheeler
x3tc

Re: Not sure is XRM, X3AP, or user error but..

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 22:34

Kelrian wrote:Whenever I start a game, new or saved, a weird thing happens to me. I am not allowed to dock at any station anywhere. Use a different folder than my steam install, No steam exe installed, XRM is the only major mod installed. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance. Also I get the Corporation Troubles plot within 5-8 minutes of starting a new game. Is this normal? Thanks for the help in advance.

EDIT: Typo correction
That shouldn't be happening. Ive never had a report of tjis before. Are you sure your X3 install is clean? I would recommend a reinstall.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 22:36

scoutster wrote:Hi,

got back to X3 after a while, used to play TC, going to try AP & XRM now. I've heard that OOS in AP has changed a bit and was wondering what actually matters (now) with regard to lasers: dph or dps?

Best regards..
Damage per second still. Oos is a bit more consistent in AP.

Kelrian
x3ap

Post by Kelrian » Wed, 1. Jul 15, 00:46

@Paul

Apparently it was one of the scripts I was running fouling things up, or maybe my "Clean" copy wasn't as clean as I thought. Either way its working fine for me again. Thanks for the great mod and the response!

EDIT: It was a ship (of Star Wars fame) called the Ebon Hawk that was breaking my game just FYI.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 03:01

Should get back into playing this..i miss the big fleet battle and pew pew pew pew
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”