[MOD TC/AP] Combat Mod 4 - v4.16 17/06/13 - AP 3.0 Compatibility

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:03

It was doing the same with the old version, might be some incompatibility with one of my scripts/mods ?

Using these atm:

Mods:

SRM + Hull High + Full option Cockpit
CMOD4 + Factory Scripts
Complex Cleaner as fake patch (cat/dat #13, right after 3.0 patch)

Scripts:

Accelerator to Gate Conversion
ADAMS-ITT_TC
Autoprepships
CargoDeliveryService
DockLockupFix
ExplorerCommandExtension
MissileSafety
NumericRanks
EconomySupplyTrader
AiAmmoCheat
MARS
MissileDefMk2

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:24

I wouldn't have thought it would be another script causing problems.

Try this:

Open the EMR fab script in notepad and delete this line:

"<destroy_group group="OLDEMR" explosion="0"/>"

See if it makes any difference. It may not be the script at all, but something caused by having an EMR fab spawned...

Greetmir

Spreadsheets and Charts

Post by Greetmir » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 23:15

For those interested ... I am already half way through (or more) creating the following for CMOD 4.1 ...

- Weapons (lasers) data spreadsheet ...

- Missiles data spreadsheet ...

- Graphic Missiles Performance Chart(s) (in rainbow colour ... WEE!)

Not necessarily in that order but you can expect them ALL imminently as half the groundwork is already done on all of this and I it just needs some tweaking as to scale and the data plugged in

- ... PERHAPS a Weapons (lasers) Performance Chart too but I am not sure on the viability of that one ...

la la la

me
    59 is just a number.

Inras
    x4

Post by Inras » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 23:47

Thank you Paul!
    I was a very big fan of the old version. I am to you very thankfully for yours engagement!

paulwheeler
    x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 12:27

RE: Missing FAA and SSC trails:

I have found the problem. Its a typo in the main effects file. I've uploaded a new version with this corrected. Please redownload the main CMOD4.1 mod and it should all now work as intended.

P.S. I haven't updated the SPK version yet, just the main one.

mr.WHO
    x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 13:12

I re-downloaded the non-spk file and the trails are still missing, are you sure you uploaded a correct version (the .cat and .dat files are dated 8 october) ?

Coruskane
    x4

Post by Coruskane » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 13:41

paulwheeler wrote:
    TrixX wrote:You know those beam weapons are terrible
    I feel an episode of Fawlty Towers coming on.... "Don't mention the beams!!"
    "Whatever you do, don't mention the b****. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!"

p.s. cheers for new version.

/runs off to watch Monty Python

paulwheeler
    x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 14:06

mr.WHO wrote:I re-downloaded the non-spk file and the trails are still missing, are you sure you uploaded a correct version (the .cat and .dat files are dated 8 october) ?
    Oops... :oops:

Try it again now... v4.1a

paulwheeler
    x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 14:07

Coruskane wrote:
    paulwheeler wrote:
    TrixX wrote:You know those beam weapons are terrible
    I feel an episode of Fawlty Towers coming on.... "Don't mention the beams!!"
    "Whatever you do, don't mention the b****. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!"

p.s. cheers for new version.

/runs off to watch Monty Python
    "Well you started it!"

"I did not"

"Yes you did, you invaded Paranid Prime!"

alt3rn1ty
    x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 19:36

Thank you paul for keeping CMOD going, very glad to come across this (only just picked up on the fact that 3.0 was released :oops: - and no, before anyone asks, I have not had a spell inside :D ), and especially thank you for including a mars compatible file :)

mr.WHO
    x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 20:34

I just want to confirm that both SSC and FAA are now fully operational :)

rusky
    x4

Post by rusky » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 23:35

paulwheeler wrote:I wouldn't have thought it would be another script causing problems.

Try this:

Open the EMR fab script in notepad and delete this line:

"<destroy_group group="OLDEMR" explosion="0"/>"

See if it makes any difference. It may not be the script at all, but something caused by having an EMR fab spawned...
    That was in fact the problem, thank you (weird since i did not in fact use them before :o )

Gwyvern

Post by Gwyvern » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 02:52

does Cmod 4 still have the new sounds for the weapons? because my sounds are back to the old boring vanilla sounds, here might be a reason why

i installed the advanced weapon research pack, then i read that Cmod4 could have conflicts with it (i never notaced any, the game still runs) so i removed that, but still bland weapon sounds, then i decided to turn off Cmod 4 leaving only Cmod 3, which i know had the new awsome sounds, but nope...it dosnt

any help with this matter would be apreciated as i loved the sound change from the vanilla game (thankfully the old gigantic BOOMs are gone still)

paulwheeler
    x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 09:50

Gwyvern wrote:does Cmod 4 still have the new sounds for the weapons? because my sounds are back to the old boring vanilla sounds, here might be a reason why

i installed the advanced weapon research pack, then i read that Cmod4 could have conflicts with it (i never notaced any, the game still runs) so i removed that, but still bland weapon sounds, then i decided to turn off Cmod 4 leaving only Cmod 3, which i know had the new awsome sounds, but nope...it dosnt

any help with this matter would be apreciated as i loved the sound change from the vanilla game (thankfully the old gigantic BOOMs are gone still)
    Make sure the advanced weapon research cat/dat is removed. Then check your types folders for any of these files - TLasers, TBullets, Sounds. If they are there, delete them.

Greetmir

CMOD v4.1 Missile Statistics Spreadsheets in Colour AND B&W

Post by Greetmir » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 12:38

Last edited by Greetmir on Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
    59 is just a number.

Aragon Speed
    x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 12:56

Those XLS would be better as PDF's as not everyone owns Excel. There are plenty of fake printer drivers out there that will create a pdf for you. ;)

rusky
    x4

Post by rusky » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 14:20

I'm not sure if it is out of the scope of this script or even if this already exists, but is there a way (a script) to get AI M8's to have 100% missile fire prob ?

I just did the OFF mission where a teladi carrier force (M1, some M3's and some M8's) will help you destroy a khaak station in the unknown sector north of Argon M148.

I was flying in my M6 (M/AM fitted Katana) and am using the High hull mod and SRM so the khaak station had 30 GJ shields and 1.500K Hull.

I rushed in with the M3's and blew up all khaak defenders then started pecking away at the station's shields while waiting for the M8's to come and finish the job with their heavy torpedoes.

What happened was, they got there, never launched a single missile (or maybe 1 or 2 at most) and literally went Kamikaze by flying straight into the station (probably out of frustration from not finding their launch torpedo button).

Had to keep shooting at the station for 10m as a result, and could pick up 3-4 tomahawks dropped by the suiciding M8's that wouldn't shoot at the end.

epion
    x4

Post by epion » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:29

rusky wrote:...
    With my M8s it works fine. Btw were your M8s able2fire the torpedos??!!
    Maybe it depends on the missle?! I have got sometimes probs with
    the torpedos like low rate of fire. What M8 do you use?!?!

I have another question. Which mods do you use with the cmod4?!?!
    I currently use ssrp, srm(all addons), Lucikes scripts, cc, mars, improved
    races and xtra ship/station pack. Maybe i use2much mods and scripts
    because now i have big problems ...
    Does someone use the same and it works?

TrixX
    x4

Post by TrixX » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:54

Aragon Speed wrote:Those XLS would be better as PDF's as not everyone owns Excel. There are plenty of fake printer drivers out there that will create a pdf for you. ;)
    Open Office can open Excel 2003 files (xls) and Excel 2007/10 files (xlsx) plus it's free.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
    Sir Ken Robinson

Greetmir

Post by Greetmir » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:55

Aragon Speed wrote:Those XLS would be better as PDF's as not everyone owns Excel. There are plenty of fake printer drivers out there that will create a pdf for you. ;)
    Thanks for the advice ... PDF added to post ...

We have Photoshop CS4 on board so we have the technology. :D

me
    59 is just a number.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”