Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) - 11/26/2013 - Stealing Logi 1.4 FR

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:54

Depending on how much free time I have, I may begin posting some generic MD stuff to my old X2 profile that doesn't quite fit into the scope of the TRP.

Some examples:

1) Changing the X3 Deliver Wares Mission to give 10x the amount of time so that becomes more of a long term supply wares contract.
2) Changing the X3 Return Stolen Ship Mission so that the pilot always bails at 30-60% hull.
3) Any other Generic Missions that need re-balancing.
4) Finishing up and polishing End of Line.
5) X-Rebirth tweaks that do not make it into any future patches.
"Maybe this Karen Stringer is a hard-ass cop and she's gonna beat info out of us." - Yisha Tarren

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 02:37

Ok, I've managed to get the editor working and finding the .cat files. Here is what I've found and I have a question on file precedence.

In the x3 Terran Conflict folder there are 13 .cat files. I have modified the TShips files in that .pck and saved through the editor.

I have also found 7 .cat files in the x3 Terran Conflict/addon folder. the 6.cat file there has a TShips.pck that the change did not happen....

...so what is the load order for X3AP. Does the game load the base folder .cat files then the .cat files in the ADDON folder (I though the Addon folder held the changes for AP).

If that is the case then I need to alter the TShips in the Addon folder...not the base files.

Am I wrong?

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 03:49

Torpor wrote:i looking for the part of this mod-compliation thar revitalizes the terran economy. anybody has a link? od are there major bugs in it?
hate the disapperiang terran economy...
I can change everything in the Tships from Cargo, hull strength, shields, race, docking capacity, speed you name it...but can not for the life of me find where you can add missles.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 03:58

Jonzac wrote:Am I wrong?
Umm... no and yes.

Open from VFS. Always. (Unless you are trying to trick the editor, which you currently are not trying to do.)

Torpor was trying to be helpful, but may have been confusing. So it is better to do it the right way (which is to Open from VFS).
  • (And, yes, the file that VFS finds will be in the Addon tree for Albion Prelude. Assuming that you set up the folders in X3Editor's Options/Configuration correctly.)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:00

centfrac wrote:I can change everything in the Tships ... but can not for the life of me find where you can add missles.
Did you open TShips with the T File Editor?

Hint: You should. "Compatible Missiles" is one of the convenient tabs.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:26

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Umm... no and yes.

Open from VFS. Always. (Unless you are trying to trick the editor, which you currently are not trying to do.)

Torpor was trying to be helpful, but may have been confusing. So it is better to do it the right way (which is to Open from VFS).
  • (And, yes, the file that VFS finds will be in the Addon tree for Albion Prelude. Assuming that you set up the folders in X3Editor's Options/Configuration correctly.)
That is the problem then. I had to create an AP profile and I pointed to the base directory where the X3AP.exe file is. I do not have the "game file" to the addon file

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:40

The profile for AP looks very similar to the profile for TC. Both point to the same base path ("Path to game"). The "Game executable" should be X3AP.exe, as you say.

The important thing is to set the "Game version" to X3: Albion Prelude (if X3Editor did not find it automatically).

[ external image ]

Note that VFS does not specify the "addon" folder. So you just look for Types\TShips in VFS. VFS will automatically look in the addon folder for you.

When you open TShips in the T File Editor, you will be able to see the path to the folder in the title bar for that tab.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 05:48

Got it to work. I can only think I had the profile wrong. I changed the Tships file in the 6.cat in the Addons folder and it worked...at least the Skinir now list boarding pods as a usable missile under info.

Thank you for all the help.

I'm off to look at the MSCI and so far, I would have better luck reading Greek.

Thanks again!!!!!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 06:01

Jonzac wrote:I'm off to look at the MSCI and so far, I would have better luck reading Greek.
The MSCI Programmer's Handbook is very easy to read for a technical manual.

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 12:14

DrBullwinkle wrote:
[...]

[...]
sorry guys. no native english speaker, but nobody else responded for a few days so i tried^^

an my question is stil alife:
i need a small script for tc to revitalize the terran economy. no plots. no specials. just no disappearing factories ;D
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 15:44

Project Loki works by turning all existing Terran factories invincible. It does not replace stations that has already been removed by GoD.

The only thing you can do in an existing game is build player owned Terran stations and hope that GoD spawns Terrans stations that use those products.

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 12:10

eldyranx3 wrote:Project Loki works by turning all existing Terran factories invincible. It does not replace stations that has already been removed by GoD.

The only thing you can do in an existing game is build player owned Terran stations and hope that GoD spawns Terrans stations that use those products.
could u upload a non-plot version of this script?

ah sorry. mixed up project loki and logi xD
sry *download* like it!
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 12:15

Torpor wrote:i need a small script for tc to revitalize the terran economy. no plots. no specials. just no disappearing factories
If eldyran does not do it for you, the easy solution is Mk3 Improvement or OK Traders. All you have to do to stop the Terran economy from fading is to make trades. Both of those scripts have "economy booster" code that ensures that trades will be made at all stations, even if they are not profitable.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 16:58

A great mod, thank-you :)

Works like a charm in AP.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 20:33

Hello
It's me (again) with some issues:

Plot "0x0a"
There are those protection missions "It seems the ATF has back traced the rouge Xenon transmissions as well, and have sent a Task Force...". So when it occurred for the first time there spawn few pirate ships and after killing them plot continues. Second time again few pirate and kha'ak ships spawn, but after killing them plot stopped - I mean nothing happened and I didn't get message to dock at Xenon station.

Terran Plots
Where I can add new condition to start those plots? I am asking because when Stealing Logi starts, Gen. Rana saids "... got access to Asteroid Belt..." and I want to add condition that I need Terran reputation rank 2 (ATF: Asteroid Belt Access) before Rana start talking with me (send this message).
I was very naughty :twisted: killed many terrans (Terran Commander fall to insanity and start killing), and now I have Terran Rank = (-2) Insurgent and still got those message.

And I want a little bit change other two plots (for me only, but if you want you can use this ideas too):
A Gate Too Far - Terran reputation rank = (5) Warrior of Io
Operation Loose End - Terran reputation rank = (7) Planetary Senator
And of course leave your conditioning about completing previous plot before start next, but remove requirement limiting to only one start condition.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 21:13

Viliae wrote: Plot "0x0a" - There are those protection missions "It seems the ATF has back traced the rouge Xenon transmissions as well, and have sent a Task Force...". So when it occurred for the first time there spawn few pirate ships and after killing them plot continues. Second time again few pirate and kha'ak ships spawn, but after killing them plot stopped - I mean nothing happened and I didn't get message to dock at Xenon station.
It almost sounds like you have something like Improved Races installed. Do you have a mod that alters the races? Do you have any mods installed at all?
Terran Plots - Where I can add new condition to start those plots?
Use an XML editor to open up TRPRSC101.xml -> Look for cue TRPRSC101, you should see:

Code: Select all

<cues>
  <cue name="TRPRSC101">
    <documentation>
      <history>
      </history>
      <todo>
      </todo>
    </documentation>

<condition comment="These are the conditions for starting the plot">

<check_any comment="Add in any Terran Gamestarts Here">
        <check_value value="{player.gamestart}" exact="102" comment="Terran Commander Start"/>
      </check_any>

<!- MORE PLOT CONDITIONS GO HERE->

</condition>
You also have to add in <check_all> before the <check_any> and a </check_all> after the </check_any>.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 23:01

Hello
For the first question:
Don't know - maybe (explanation coming soon).
For the second question:
Yes, I am using XRM.
Now the explanation part:
As far I know, Paul are using race1 for weapons dealers and relation with them are set to the max.

IDEA:
When I was looking inside tfile for this plot I saw you leave empty space for ranking - and my idea is why not use a hexadecimal "00FF" - for the lowest rank, and "000A" - for the highest. But you do what you want, this is yours creation.

Oh, I almost forgot:
I am also using Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5, and in "0x0a" when you have to bring back to shipyard some ships for reverse engineering one of them was already salvaged (plot was still tracking him - so I used cheat script to eject pilot and take "L" to my TM and bring back to Xenon Shipyard).

Thank You for the code. That was my first idea but I ask first to be sure.

And for the end: I wanna ask how Terran plots (should?) work with cooperation with [MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1. Are they starting right away with "new game" or they need certain condition?
Sorry for so long post 8) .

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 21:53

Unable to dock the P at the Xenon Shipyard. Can dock everything else but the P.

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 22:50

Limitation of the game engine / station model I'm afraid.

If you are trying to deliver the abandoned P, do it OOS.
"Maybe this Karen Stringer is a hard-ass cop and she's gonna beat info out of us." - Yisha Tarren

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 13:54

I'm trying to combine the shipyard part of this mod with Complex Cleaner. That mod offers some instructions on what to copy in Tfactories.txt to make it compatible with other mods that change that file but I cannot figure out how to reach this mod's version of that file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”