[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 10:14

Firewrath wrote:

other PAR comments, i noticed theres an S/M/L that have no real differences besides what weapons they come with (and those get destroyed when you equip stuff anyways) but can you set what is preinstalled as part of the S/M/L stuff?
like different preinstalled weapons/equipment on different S/M/L ships in the shipyard,

i know itd be a bit of work doing that with Every PAR ship, but im mostly asking because the thought occurred to me and made me wonder if its a limitation of the game as to what preinstalled stuff can be set with the S/M/L ships,
IE: can the preinstalled stuff be changed like different weapons that come with a S/M/L ship,
The s/m/l fighters for sale are hardcoded. Its fixed to shield loadouts and weapons. As par ships have them preinstalled, it's meaningless for pars. There is no way to change it or remove it.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 10:15

Anyone who's playing the AP plot:
Is the war integral to the plot? Can I remove the war without breaking the plot?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 12:10

I think you can, the War sectors will be at war regardless of the plot. And enemies encountered throughout the plot are probably spawned by the plot's script anyway. Seeing as you can't really influence the fighting the war sectors I think at the moment they're just there acting as a constant battlezone. Kinda like a more dangerous pirate alley. But I haven't finished the plot yet, so someone else might know more.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 12:26

Still... removing the 'war' when they're supposedly fighting in a war... doesn't feel right to me.

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 13:35

Any chances in porting AP ships to XRM ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 13:40

Sorkvild wrote:Any chances in porting AP ships to XRM ?
Sorkvild have you even been reading this thread lol?

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:33

joelR wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:Any chances in porting AP ships to XRM ?
Sorkvild have you even been reading this thread lol?
What I think joelR is trying to say is... no, unless someone asks Egosoft and gets them to say yes; but, then again, X3:AP isn't exactly expensive - so why not just purchase it?

The features and enhancements it adds are certainly worth it.

@Paul

Just curious, are you going to use the xtc trails included with X3:AP in its version of XRM? (they are quite nice I think). I have been able to swap out killerog's trails for the xtc ones in the scene files and they seem to work, however, not sure how to control the length of the trail (should really include a screenshot shouldn't I? :P)

M.
Last edited by morikaane on Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:34

Yes I try to follow with the discussion but sometimes I'm getting mixed; afaik Paul creates ap based-xrm and I was not sure if there will be content (ships, stations) merge with tc based xrm.
ANyways I'll continue my game in tc based xrm. I'm not keen on staring another game, well at least not this time and the constant war isn't exactly what i'm searching war. Of course I have IR installed which allows me to keep skirmishes under my control.
Last edited by Sorkvild on Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:37

Sorkvild wrote:Yes I try to follow with the discussion but sometimes I'm getting mixed; afaik Paul creates ap based-xrm and I was not sure if there will be content (ships, stations) merge with tc based xrm.
Oh right, right. Any ships that are added to XRM in the X3:TC version will be available in the X3:AP version, but none of the X3:AP ships / stations will be included in the X3:TC version.

...if that makes sense. :D

M.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:39

...and this answers my question, thanks Mori :thumb_up:
We want the Boron back!

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 16:04

Paul,

I haven't been bussy playing Skyrim and now AP and since I am seeing people making suggestions about Plots and have not, I thought to add my two sense.

Since AP boils down to the war between Argon and Terrans, how difficult would it be to import some of the plots like the Terran Defender and Balance of power and make them pre-requirements to start the main Plot in AP. That way, we can start in relative peace, build our infracsture and them after the completion of balance of power, the cut scene and then depending on which start you started, pic up the plot.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 16:33

Paul,

I haven't been bussy playing Skyrim and now AP and since I am seeing people making suggestions about Plots and have not, I thought to add my two sense.

Since AP boils down to the war between Argon and Terrans, how difficult would it be to import some of the plots like the Terran Defender and Balance of power and make them pre-requirements to start the main Plot in AP. That way, we can start in relative peace, build our infracsture and them after the completion of balance of power, the cut scene and then depending on which start you started, pic up the plot.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 17:11

Heya,

I'm not sure about porting over X3:TC plot missions into X3:AP... Paul may run the possibility of getting into trouble doing that too.

However, don't forget that Egosoft is probably going to make a few more plots for X3:AP.

(...and speaking of Skyrim, I should be playing it, but my urge to play X3 unfortunately wins out everytime -- funny stuff... actually I'm just horribly addicted).

Cheers,
M.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 17:58

I guess everyone's hooked on Skyrim, nevertheless I always reserve a few hours for some X activity ;)
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 18:02

I don't think there would be any permission issue for porting the TC plots into AP, as you have to own both games anyway. Its going the other way (ap to tc) where I doubt Egosoft would allow it. But I think the AP universe would likely break the plots as there are quite a few sector changes. You'd probably have to revert to the TC map.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 18:18

I can confirm the kyoto does dock M6 internally, boy modding AP is a whole new learning curve but yeah I miss XRM...I need a AP version of the editor though...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 18:31

Sorkvild wrote:I guess everyone's hooked on Skyrim, nevertheless I always reserve a few hours for some X activity ;)
Ehm... replace that word 'hours' with 'days' for me (I'm so bad).
paulwheeler wrote:I don't think there would be any permission issue for porting the TC plots into AP, as you have to own both games anyway. Its going the other way (ap to tc) where I doubt Egosoft would allow it. But I think the AP universe would likely break the plots as there are quite a few sector changes. You'd probably have to revert to the TC map.
I betcha it's the Hub plot that everyone misses. Try using Jump Beacons - they're fun! (Paul, are you going to make jump beacon's purchasable from research stations?)
garrry34 wrote:I can confirm the kyoto does dock M6 internally, boy modding AP is a whole new learning curve but yeah I miss XRM...I need a AP version of the editor though...
So... the Kyoto has a docking bay and launch tubes? or did you add them?

(TShips has 0 for Docking slots in the editor).

M.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 18:45

it has them, just set the docking slots in the editor...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 18:54

garrry34 wrote:it has them, just set the docking slots in the editor...
Hm, didn't realise. I guess everyone was right in saying that they thought it had a docking bay and launching tubes. At least it isn't like the Maccana... it doesn't have launch tubes ...and the Sturgeon, doesn't have a docking bay.

I'm not Terran though, so I can't enjoy that addition (...and I haven't seen the Terran's using it). However, I think cadius' Cyclops, and expnobody's Atlas and Daedalus with shiny xtc trails will have to suffice (mind you, I'll have to build them first... and that won't be for a while... damn marines! TRAIN! I need creditsss!).

M.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 19:16

Morikaane,

speaking of being hooked up, I am right there with you. Even though I plaz Skyrim, I still come back to X3.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”