[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 00:39

Hi Guys, :mrgreen:

I am starting to get back into my X3 modding and have started with an update to AWRM for X3:AP V2.5.

Given that Cadius's HQ has been added in V2.5 the question is if the latest version of this mod is V2.5 compliant? If so, I will start to write some new Starts for the X3:AP version of this mod and AWRM.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 01:31

I went back and did some research after my last comment. I believe that it might be true, you really like Terran's don't you? They got a lot of new ships and everyone else a few, so maybe my AP will have to start killing Terran's, but still worry all the good ones I like are hidden around mars or something, and I haven't gone back to the sol system since....forever.But in my defense I went through every ship mod I could find and added a few more, total 12...and ti still loads and runs, so maybe I can save myself from attacking earth...lol. :wink:

gen lee outrageous
x3tc

Post by gen lee outrageous » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 08:32

**Had an issue. It took forever but I figured it out and all is well.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 02:02

Hi Cadius,

I was having a look at the AP version of your mod and noted that you have missed out adding beam weapons to the capital ships like you did with the older TC version and the Springblossom/Spitfyre are still vanilla loadouts (in a TC version of your mod the Spitfyre gained Terran std. Light weapon compatability).

I have a modified TCockpits and vanilla TShips which adds beam weapons to capitals where they can mount heavy weapons (and some other changes to be introduced in a soon to be updated version). Please feel free to take and adapt.

With your permission, I would like to release a patch file merging my TShips changes with your TShips file (unless you plan to incorporate my Beam weapon changes as standard).

EDIT: I also noted that NONE of the ships in the AP version of your mod can fire the Mosquito missile (SG_MISSILE_COUNTER).

EDIT #2: Scratch that, I think that the SG_MISSILE_COUNTER missile group is handled differently to the other missile groups by the game engine so XEditor 2 may be being misleading.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

KaldorDraigo
x4

Post by KaldorDraigo » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 22:42

Already thank you for this great mod

By cons I'm here to report a big bug that I encounter on this script,

The kits may know not only the complex stations in the system, and it does that on its CT on AP it works totally normally.

Joeziah
x3ap

Post by Joeziah » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 21:58

Yes, in the same boat with KaldorDraigo.
Seems to have broken complex construction kits, even with new game starts etc.
I've been trying to figure out what got modified but no luck so far, my understanding is that this is a recent development.

Edit

Seems it was a error in the Dummies file
the SDTYPE_GUN;43; should be changed to SDTYPE_GUN;44;

I changed this and my complexes all work fine and connect up so far.

KaldorDraigo
x4

Post by KaldorDraigo » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 11:53

I did not find the file in question, where is he?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 15:57

@Roger: Yep X-Tra should be compatible with AP2.5. They added the HQ but the entry is exactly the same as the one in X-Tra. TShip file was also updated but I really don't know what they changed, but so far I haven't seen any issues.

Beam weapons and the custom X-Tra loadout hasn't been added to AP yet, it was a fresh start really. I will refer to AWRM and CMOD for the cockpit changes.

@KRM398: Yeah I do, I know favoring one faction over the other makes the mod unbalanced but I've always feel most comfortable drawing up Terran designs.

@Joeziah: Oh goodness! THANK YOU! You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure that out.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 01:08

Cadius wrote:@Roger: Yep X-Tra should be compatible with AP2.5. They added the HQ but the entry is exactly the same as the one in X-Tra.
They need to be in exactly the same T-file index otherwise MCSI scripts written for vanilla AP V2.5 may not work properly (e.g. the adding of the Terran HQ to the wares list for the Spirit Industries HQ)
Cadius wrote:TShip file was also updated but I really don't know what they changed, but so far I haven't seen any issues.
Probably just some balance tweaks from what I can tell.
Cadius wrote:Beam weapons and the custom X-Tra loadout hasn't been added to AP yet, it was a fresh start really. I will refer to AWRM and CMOD for the cockpit changes.
I have been adding beam weapons as main gun options to all M7s with armed main cockpits as well as to capital turret cockpits (where appropriate).

In addition I think some of the Vanilla TCockpit/TShip entries were lacking some weapon compatability.
  • Aldrin ships not being able to mount normal Terran weapons (light/maml only)
  • #deca ships missing either prototype or Kha'ak laser compatability. #deca can use kha'ak lasers so it makes sense that it's fighters should be able to as well.

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 01:41

Hello, wanna start off by saying i love this mod and its associated addons. but i have been having a problem when ever i warp to a Terran sector under attack, my game just plain crashes... i dont know what could be the cause because im not a scripter xD

here are my current addons

Xtra ships/stations
AWRM
Smart Turrets
LSDC
v2 of Marine Repairs
Unleashed
CODEA/MEFOS
and its collaborative personel transport scripts

i assume its just a conflict with one of these addons i just dont know where to start lookin
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 02:37

Chaos565 wrote:Hello, wanna start off by saying i love this mod and its associated addons. but i have been having a problem when ever i warp to a Terran sector under attack, my game just plain crashes... i dont know what could be the cause because im not a scripter xD
Sounds like a model file can not be found. It is probably bullets/textures missing from an incomplete/incorrect install of AWRM.

I presume you are running TC and not AP for starters? What version of AWRM are you trying to use?

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 15:03

Im running AP... made sure all the addons i grabbed are compatible with it aswell. i am running AWRM for AP v1.1a

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 15:28

Chaos565 wrote:Im running AP... made sure all the addons i grabbed are compatible with it aswell. i am running AWRM for AP v1.1a
Ok, how did you install the AWRM mod?

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 21:08

through the plugin manager i also added the AWRM starts that came optional

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 22:44

Chaos565 wrote:through the plugin manager i also added the AWRM starts that came optional
There is probably your problem.

The plug-in manager from my experience has a nasty habbit of putting files where they should not be where AP is concerned.

Check that the X3 directory has both an objects and a dds folder, if not check the addons sub-folder. If they are there then move them to the main X3 directory.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 12:45

I noticed that several new Terran ships, which came with AP, have Argon cockpits installed and not Terran ones. Its simply just the path that needs changing. The Terran Kyoto for example uses the Argon M2 cockpit. ANd The Mobile Mining base ship use the Argon TL one.

The Boron Angel doesn´t even have a cockpit. You planing on fixing that for the next version? If not, no big deal I can do that myself since its a quick fix anyway. :)

And something strange I encountered with the terran HQ, after some time it returns to the Argon PHQ model, could it be that has something to do with the Upgrade section in the HO.xml? I modified it a bit and added it to my HQ.xml. And havent built a new HQ yet. So I dont know if that part affects that.

Code: Select all

</upgrade>
		<upgrade index="1" typename="SS_DOCK_TR_HQ" storage="700000">
			<blueprints>
                        <blueprint typename="SS_SH_USC_M5" />
				<blueprint typename="SS_SH_USC_M4" />
				<blueprint typename="SS_SH_USC_M3" />
				<blueprint typename="SS_SH_USC_M3P" />
			</blueprints>
			<production>
				<factor class="ship" value="1" />
			</production>
			<repair>
				<factor class="ship" value="2" />
				<factor class="hq" value="2" />
			</repair>
			<reverse>
			</reverse>
			<recycle>
			</recycle>
		</upgrade>
	</upgrades>
  <resources>
Apart from that, no bugs sofar.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

hate4fun
x3tc

Post by hate4fun » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 12:06

hey i tried the mod out, but the new ships have strange names. i think its a bug or something. maybe i installed the mod wrong. the name is like programm code, but tnot a actual ship name

xio

Post by xio » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 16:02

hey i tried the mod out, but the new ships have strange names. i think its a bug or something. maybe i installed the mod wrong. the name is like programm code, but tnot a actual ship name
same here, the new ship names are all like "readtext17-xxxx".
the problem are the t-files, because their "language id" are all set to "44".
i corrected it with the text editor to "49" (the "language id" of my country)
and it works fine now.

hate4fun
x3tc

Post by hate4fun » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 16:32

so i need to change it to 49 too? my version is german!

hate4fun
x3tc

Post by hate4fun » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 17:05

i tried to change it but nothign happens.

do i need to change the name of the 9951-L044 files? so that its "9951-L049"?

or change the language id in the file to 49 too?

maybe it doesnt work because i have steam version of AP?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”