[SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 6. Jan 10, 17:09

OK.. I tried it this way..

Fill the TL with required material.
Goto 1st gate. (go to position)
Use repair command.
Jump to second gate (Fill TL with e-cel beyond the requirement or have a filled freighter follow it to replenish it)
Move to the broken gate with the TL used to repair the 1st gate.
Use repair command and BOOM
Instant access!!!

WOOT!!!!!

My world - Rys Crusade and Heretic's End is now joined..

That is another fantastic script!!!!

You wouldn't be interested in making a script that would allow the player to turn off or break the gate, repack it and move it to another sector??

I would love to take the Xenon sector gates and use them elsewhere.

(Like my Hub)

So fantastic watching the gate become reactivated.. and useable.

Kudo's on a great script.

Oh BTW.. Used the Super tractor beam script to move the broken gate to the east and near the southern Heretic gate. (Where my Hub is interjected)

Now what am I going to do with a Atom. Lifter with a speed of 300 and turns on a dime.. :oops:

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Wed, 6. Jan 10, 20:37

@Retiredman

Sorry for the late reply RL and my Health keep me busy these days :(

Sorry to hear about you problem you had with the gates but i am glad to hear you got it working :D

as to your idea about repacking or breaking gates sounds nice but i am not sure if it would be possible i am not sure i dont know alot of scripting still learning :D

and about these scripts all i didnt write them i only converted and changed a few simple things to work for X3TC .... i do have some ideas to expand on for these scripts but will take time and for now

and nice idea using the super tractor beam to move the broken gates

uhm i am pretty sure the mammoth and the lifter have the best cargo space for resources i dont think the Aran is a TL class which would be why you cant repairs i will have to check.

Cheers for now :D

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 10:37

Is it possible to make the debris in split sectors turn into split ships and those in boron turn in to boron, and so on?
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 18:27

Got a lot of MOWP or LoWPs reading,and Mercury Tankers. (which I repaired- up to 12.) Didn't try any stations.

I'm looking for more broken gates that will generate traffic.

Spoiler
Show
Xenon sector 101.. Got 3 Mobile Mining Ships!

Take out the opposition first and keep it clean while you get those ships.[DAD scripts really help on control and protection - after taking out the Q's, shipyard and fighters, I held the sector using a SB loaded with turrent drones and sent my Cap ships back to base. Used 2 Mistrals SFs to shuttle material in to another Mistral SF that did the repairs.] I left the Lasertowers in the Sector to discourage any Xenon from returning. :roll:

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 19:53

@ Crathes

That is something i have been thinking about but at present there are only a few debris models in game and i am not sure on how if it would be even possible without adding more debris models which means every ship would have a wreckage (i do not know how to model) :(

I am looking into it though.

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 21:52

Couldnt you mace a script that checks what race the sector youre currently in belongs to and just decide what the debris should be from that?
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 02:11

I do have a question about the script.
Is it the script that generates the debris or is that already determined by the game itself?

Why I ask..
Spoiler
Show
In Aquisition Reprository. (N of Spaceweed Grove) I recovered 8 Valhallas.
That makes 10 of them I have.

One in Avarice and one in Senators Badlands.

I like free ships but this is 2.5 billion credits in unequipted ships.

I get those guys up and running, I think everybody will fear me more than the Khaak or Xenon combined.

X420TokeAlot

Post by X420TokeAlot » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 04:41

Hey Retiredman to answer your question no the script doesn't generate any debris that is already determined by what is already in the game when it loads up the game map.

But i am not sure if another script or mod that adds debris if there is and they use the same debris model that is used by this script you might be able to repair those as well ( could be possible )

If i can figure out how to write a script that generates a random ship debris for the player to repair would be nice but there would have to be limits to it as well we wouldn't want the universe to get cluttered with to much debris right :?

When i get more time i will be looking at doing more with this script.

if any one come across a script that generates debris maybe the code could point me in the direction i need for this script???

any ways i think i am rambling on so chow for now :D

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Tue, 11. May 10, 14:47

Hi guys, like the idea greatly but just can't seem to get this to work. I approach debris in Atmospheric lifter (biggest TL you can get) open the custom menu then choose the Debris menu , click on this which then gives me 3 more options but whatever option i choose nothing happens :?

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Mon, 17. May 10, 21:34

Is it possible to repair the broken gates between what I assume is the player-owned sector and
Spoiler
Show
Bluish snout
?

I've found gate-debris in both Westside in my own sector, and east in BS, it looks like it should connect on the map - but when I assess what resources those two gates needs, nothing comes up - like it did on other gate-debris..

Would be nice to have more entries into my own sector.. :-/

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Wed, 26. May 10, 12:00

should i download the x3-R file also ? or just download the 3.01 version ? i playing x3-tc
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 05:23

Think I got it working with only the TC-file.

saber1
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Utilize and Repair Debris v3.01 03/08/2009 *UPDATE*

Post by saber1 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 16:29

I got some real problems with FileFront (old system, old IE...), is there a chance to get the files form somewhere else?

BLACKANDY

Post by BLACKANDY » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 22:19

WHY I CAN'T Repair ANY SHIP Debris BUT I CAN Repair STATIONS?

BLACKANDY

Post by BLACKANDY » Fri, 16. Jul 10, 01:27

why so many vahalla Debris?

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Fri, 23. Jul 10, 02:46

Anyone have this file and could host it somewhere other than filefront? Its not liking me at all..... :evil:

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 14:39

I gave the mod a try, and at first was fairly impressed with it, until I started evaluating the various ship debris in President's End. Out of the first 5 ship wrecks I checked, 4 turned out to be Valhallas, and the "bigger" wreck ended up being a diminutive Sabre fighter. From what I can see at a glance, almost every other wreck in the sector is also a Valhalla, probably about 6-8 of them in total.

I really didn't expect huge capital ship wrecks to turn out to be tiny fighters, or that ALL of the others would end up as Valhallas, which cost well over 100 Million credits plus a TL-load of resources to rebuild. I can't picture any rationally organized fleet going into battle with nothing but carriers, so that many Valhallas is "ludicrous". A wider range of M6 and M7 wrecks, plus a SMALLER number of M1, M2, M7M, and TL wrecks would be more interesting, at least in my opinion. Fighters and light freighters are "cappable" in the game anyway, so they probably don't need to be represented by debris.

The station debris part looks very interesting, though, and I belive that aspect alone makes it worth adding this mod to the game.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 14:50

Honved - Last I heard he was looking into that and he set the default to be a Vahalla, until he could figure it out. I do have 3.0 instead of 3.01 though.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 16:09

Rather than put a heap of time and effort into making ship debris models for all of the different ships, would it be better to use an existing ship debris style to represent a "class" of ship? You wouldn't know the exact model until you checked it, but at least you'd know at a glance if it was an M1/M2, an M7/M7M, an M6, or a TL.

The exact race and model of each could be determined randomly at game startup (or the initialization of the mod script), or even when the player enters the sector for the first time. I'd strongly suggest ignoring anything smaller with the mod, since those are "cappable", some can already be found as abandoned ships, and they wouldn't match the apparent debris sizes at all.

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 12:28

Hi,

i have ReadText error:

Under Personal:
ReadText2010-7277

if i select it i have following errors:
ReadText7277-2
ReadText7277-3
ReadText7277-4

If i install the script with pluginmanager, the messsage is that the script was installed, but when i check the folders "scripts" and "t" i cannot find any of the scripts or text files (no 7277 files).

So i have extracted the spk file and copied the Script and t folders in the game.
Now i have the files, but as mentioned, i have the readtext errors.

I have the italian version, so i have done like suggested in some post, to rename the 44 text file in 39, but i have still the same error.

I have TC 3.0 version (superbox) and scripts are enabeled as i run other scripts.

Any suggestion?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”