[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LarryBurstyn
x4

Post by LarryBurstyn » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 14:52

Drache257 wrote:@Sorken:

In ve unmounted the tractorbeam. It doesnt work.

@LarryBurstyn:

Maybe you re right. So i ve looked in the Tfactories from the addon and the last one from the XRM. (it seems, the tfactories of XRM overwrites the CCleaner s one.).
The CCleaner tfactories is included in the XRM tfactories. That s why the Ccleaner should be compatible to XRM but following the instructions of the XRM Thread, the Complex cleaner Cat should be a lower number than the XRM and his addons, what i did. The scripts and t files of the CCleaner put in the addon/scripts and addon/t.
I still dont find any traces of Complex Cleaner in the game, neither in commands nor in options.
Nowhere is noticed both tfactories should be merged. Well maybe you re right but i dont know exactly how to do that (maybe copy paste). Beside i font have any clearance how to solve my problem.
I ve asked few days ago in the XRM thread but no one replied until now. :(
Copy paste will work but you also have to increase the second number to reflect the larger number of factories.....not sure about XRM as I said I don't use so don't have experience with it....when you add the files as instructed your ship HAS to have a tractor beam in the cargohold to have the command become available....when you start the game save almost immediately and reload the saved game...you should get a message that Complex Cleaner was installed and it will tell you if it was installed correctly. IF it says it was installed correctly than all you need is a tractor beam ON BOARD the ship that you want to use CC on...the commands will not become visible until the ship is equiped with a tractor beam in the cargo hold (not necessary to install it in a turret). Complex Cleaner uses a two step approach to it's install so a restart is almost required--unless you know how to activate it using the scripts command in game.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 19:33

LarryBurstyn wrote:Complex Cleaner uses a two step approach to it's install so a restart is almost required--unless you know how to activate it using the scripts command in game.
Neither is required.

That the CC has to be installed "before" XRM is because the CAT contains the model files which wouldn't exist in your game.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Drache257
x4

Post by Drache257 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 10:04

ok. Complex Cleaner is running now. Yesterday i ve got finally the Complex Cleaner message that has been installed properly after i ve started the game. :)

Maybe something was wrong when i installed the CCleaner. Since a few days i ve tried running this mod. I hope the next installation will be easier.

segundoblz
x4

Post by segundoblz » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 09:48

Every time I install this mod, I can't switch from X3: Albion Prelude to desktop or browser using Alt-Tab without breaking SETA. Does anyone have an idea?

segundoblz
x4

Post by segundoblz » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 16:29

Can someone help me here?

Hawk Firestorm

Post by Hawk Firestorm » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 09:20

Sadly for me its not crunching factories together correctly in AP.

If they get to 200 they revert back to 1x production, otherwise seem to work fine.

Though obviously that's a big bug. :)

Necris
x4

Post by Necris » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 23:52

I don't know if I should post here, or make a new thread, but I choose this alternative.

I am new to the x-universe. I build my first bunch of factories and I suceessfully chrunched them and connected them to eachother and a hub. NPCs trade with it all the time and money is flowing.

My end products are missiles and shields, since I planned to use the complex to supply myself aswell. How do I buy/take products from the hub and give to my own ships? When my playerships is in space and I leftclick on the hub there is no "trade". When I dock there is still no "trade" and I don't see anything that could be usefull in the "advanced" or "freight" sections either.

Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------

I figured it out. It was in the "adjust station parameters" when docked at the hub.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 05:27

segundoblz wrote:Every time I install this mod, I can't switch from X3: Albion Prelude to desktop or browser using Alt-Tab without breaking SETA. Does anyone have an idea?
this has nothing to do with Complex Cleaner. Here's your answer for a vanilla or modified setup.

Hawk Firestorm wrote:Sadly for me its not crunching factories together correctly in AP.

If they get to 200 they revert back to 1x production, otherwise seem to work fine.

Though obviously that's a big bug. :)
that's interesting. can you send me a save. PM me for an email address if you don't have somewhere to upload to. I intend using 200x a bit later so need to know what's "in store" :)

darkelf1

Post by darkelf1 » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 10:39

nice worlk, checkingnow,....thanks......

virgil64
x3tc

Post by virgil64 » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 11:16

Firstly, love this mod, thank you :) A quick noobie question from someone whose used Complex Cleaner forever. (I used to fake patch it in as I had a startup mod already). Now I have a clean install of TC. There are two warnings in the installation instructions about overriding fake patches if run as startup Mod. Does this mean I will not be able to fake patch a mod in the future, or should I fake patch it in again instead to be sure? Thank you :)

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 14:13

That depends on the Mod, you want to "fake patch install" later. The Mods (and the paches) alter different files in the original cat/dat. TC/AP load the cat/dat files one after the other, virtually overwriting the existing original files with those provided in the current cat/dat (=patch/fake patch). The cat/dat selected as a mod at game start are always loaded last.
Example:
03.cat has files named tFactorys, tdocks, hq;
04.cat has files named tships,tdocks;
05.cat has files named hq, tmissiles;
The game will use tFactorys from 03.cat, tships and tdocks from 04.cat, hq and tmissiles from 05.cat.

Complexcleaner uses tFactorys. So every cat/dat that also has that file wont be compatible (unless the author included the changes CC made into his file). All other Mods you will be able to use. And you can fakepatch them in.
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

virgil64
x3tc

Post by virgil64 » Thu, 30. Aug 12, 13:05

Thank you very much, that explains a lot about how it works. The only other mini-mod I was considering was a PHQ capacity adjustment. From your explanation this will effect the cat/dat 05, so won't be in conflict with the tFactorys cat/dat 03 used by Complex Cleaner. So unless advised otherwise. I will run Complex Cleaner as the startup mod, cheers for the help :)

Olazabal

unable to connect crunched stations

Post by Olazabal » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 11:23

Hi all,

I've got some trouble with the script. I used it in the past without any issues but on this installation it drives me nuts.

I'm not able to connect the crunched station with complex construction kits. I do everything as always: Buildings the stations, then "crunch", but once I try to connect them it shows no stations to choose from. In the normal map everything looks fine, I got the container and the stations as usual. Can someone help out with any ideas what went wrong.

Only mods I got installed is Cadius Ship Pack Ships only and the Complex Cleaner.

Thanks

glenmcd
x3tc

Re: unable to connect crunched stations

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 11:31

Olazabal wrote:I got the container and the stations as usual.
If you did a crunch then why did you have any stations remaining? Are they of type that CC can't crunch? (equipment doc, trading station etc)
you can't connect with CCKs anything that CC won't crunch, AFAIK. So assuming that the "stations" remaining are EQd/TP type, that leaves only "container" not "containers". Which can't have a complex hub attached as it needs something else to attach to. You may need to add one more station to get the CH attached. If you can reload, you could stop CC from crunching one of the factories, and you could then connect CH between container and that station. See CC docs for instructions on that one.

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 11:48

Thanks for the quick reply. No with stations I mean the unconnected crunched factories that are now inside the container. Like FACT Cahoony Backery (50) for example.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 12:39

Olazabal wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. No with stations I mean the unconnected crunched factories that are now inside the container. Like FACT Cahoony Backery (50) for example.
Here's a cut/paste from page one in this thread that refers to what I thought the issue might be:

"If your complex contains only completely identical factories then crunch can sometimes compress them into a single module. A single module can no longer be made into a complex...
That's what Ignore is for. Using that you can exclude a station or module from the crunch command and crunch will only compress the remaining stations/modules.
As a result you always hava a minimum of 2 modules and can rewire them into a complex."

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 12:49

Sorry this is not the case. I got Solar Power Plants, Cahoony Backery's, Ranches, Crystal Fabs, Spacefuel Distilleries, Wheat Farms - all crunched to FACT yxz (..). But cannot choose either one of them when I rty to connect them with Complex Construction Kits.

I've checked the t and script folders twice - everything is where it should be. And the .cat/.dat files of the "CC" don't interfere with "Cadius Ships Only" at any point. It's totally weird.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 8. Sep 12, 12:53

if it's possible to upload a save perhaps someone can recognize what's going on?

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 01:54

I tested a little more right now, and it seems that the two mods/scripts - despite what Cadius wrote - aren't compatible!? Or is there a special installing order?

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 10:33

Found a solution with the help of Cadius and credit to Joeziah. I will copy/paste the solution, so if anyone else is having the same issue...

"Seems it was a error in the Dummies file
the SDTYPE_GUN;43; should be changed to SDTYPE_GUN;44;

I changed this and my complexes all work fine and connect up so far."

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”