[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails MK 2 Release V0.03 beta [12/04 CMOD compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gregs4163
x4

Post by gregs4163 » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 23:42

I installed it love it, no problems so far. Thanks!

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 04:47

SimB wrote:I just installed it, too.
So far I have new engine colors, but no new trails and no Lensflare on the ships.

If you need more details, please tell me.
As the guy posted above has it working then the mod on my server is find. So my guess is as you have the new engine colours you have a mod that is conflicting with mine. Do you have any other mods installed ?

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 20:09

killerog wrote:
SimB wrote:I just installed it, too.
So far I have new engine colors, but no new trails and no Lensflare on the ships.

If you need more details, please tell me.
As the guy posted above has it working then the mod on my server is find. So my guess is as you have the new engine colours you have a mod that is conflicting with mine. Do you have any other mods installed ?
Yes I use the following mods:

Cadius ship pack installed as a normal mod
CMOD4.3 as fake patch 15.dat/.cat
Gold UI as fake patch 14.dat/.cat
Your mod as fake patch 13.dat/.cat

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 20:12

At the moment this mod will not work with cmod or any ship mods. Both Paul and cadius are making comparable versions.

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 20:25

Ah allright.
It still looks better than normal. xD

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 02:01

Works great so far.

But theres one thing.....

The Terran and ATF particle trail colors are not quite appropriate. In fact they dont fit at all. Ive noticed the static trails are white but the particle ones dont match up.

Any tips on how to make them white? I think that would be a more appropriate theme color for terrans\ATF sine their ships have a proeminent shade of white.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 23:49

To change the particle effect for Terran/ATF you need to edit the 1233.jpg file.

Both trail and engine are a blue core with a white outline, but I do agree with you that this needs tweaking, same for lens flare size. This mod needs a lot of work doing to it before I am happy but I needed to get a version out before I started uni again and so mods can be made compatible with it.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 02:42

You can use the "big lens flare" effects. Dont remember what file exactly(Effects.txt i tink), in there you wll fnd lens flare effects and their codes and if i remember correctly they have description. Small medium big or capital lens flare. Medium or big ones look more appropriate and are more visible from distance

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 02:55

I use my own ones but at the moment most are a copy and paste of the Ego ones (ATF and terran being one).

Mods like this always need some tweaking and personal preference always mean it doesn't look right to some people.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 03:00

So you are going to continue tweaking it right?

It would be quite a bummer if you wouldnt.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 03:05

Yep I am going to. But as I start uni on Monday my time will once again be limited hence the rush to get this mod out as quickly as I can. Plus it allows Cad and Paul to work on compatible versions of there mods.

Tweaking is easy and less time consuming than editing every ship scene file and creating 50+ engine models. So I had to get that out of the way during my break.

Once I have a few more bug reports (most likely when SRM is updated to use this) I will release the next version with fixes and improvements.

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 22:19

Hi killerog,

anything new about the update?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 22:21

What the Cadius ship pack one ? I think Cadius said in his thread there will be an update tomorrow. Not sure about Cmod yet.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 16:15

The SRM compatible pack is going to take a while. Due to the sheer number of alterations and fixes in the SRM scene files, I'm going to have to go through each and every one and paste in Killerog's new engine effects. Then after that I'll have to maintain two versions of each scene file to keep compatibility with the other trails packs.

Its a lot of copying and pasting!

For just CMOD compatibility, the CMOD particles3 and effects entries need to be added (simple, except the new Xenon trail will need to be moved).

I will probably do a straight CMOD version first as thats quite straight forward. Then I'll work on the SRM version.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 19:05

If you want Paul I'll add cmod effects to the trails pack, would that make easier?

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 02:45

I have a question about my problem earlier.

I asked how could i change the color of ATF\Terrans into white.

So i need to change 1233.jpg. But change how exactly? Wich of the orbs i need to alter? And with what program, because i tried paint but the thumbnail of the file still showed the original version of the picture. If i opened it it showed with my modifications. So i replaced it in the mod and didnt work. Am i missing something?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 03:43

It is the white and blue circle. Its just a jpeg file so paint should be fine. I use PhotoShop for any texture work I do. No idea about the thumbnail problem. As long as it shows the changes when you open the file it will be fine. Just be sure to save it in the same file format.

To get it to work all you need to do is create a folder in X3:TC folder called texture and in that create a folder called true, and place the file in there. This will over write my texture.

This is on my phone at 3am so I will check this post out again when I wake up to make sure it is correct.;)

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 03:49

I know of the method you speak.But I replaced it manualy using mod manger. Perhaps i should edit with something else

PS: engine flares should be WAY bigger.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 19:09

Just a heads up for people, I will be releasing an update to make this fully compatible with CMOD in the next day or 2.

Olazabal

Cockpit views

Post by Olazabal » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 13:05

@ killerog

You've mentioned in Cadius' thread, that it would be helpful to provide a list of ships with buggy cockpit views in your thread.

With cyrows cheat package it should be quite easy, with a few volunteers. Just use the create fleet command, hop through the cockpits and make a list.

Afaik the capital ships are working fine (M1, M2, M7) the bugs start to appear with the M6 class.

And 'cause I'm a nice person I've worked my way through the M6 class :D M6 ships with buggy cockpit views are:

Heavy Centaur
Heavy Centaur Prototype
Heavy Hydra
Heavy Nemesis
Heavy Osprey

:gruebel: looks like a pattern

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”