Save Game/ Galaxy Editing using Mission Director

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Olazabal

Save Game/ Galaxy Editing using Mission Director

Post by Olazabal » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 11:27

Hi guys,

not found anything using the Search function or Google. So here's my question.

I'm currently playing around with the galaxy editor. Now changing the x3_universe file will only affect new game starts, since saving the game will store the current galaxy in your savegame file. And I really don't like that.

Is there any program out there to convert a .sav file into something readable so I can modify it and the stored galaxy map?

Thanks for your responds,

Sven
Last edited by Olazabal on Wed, 19. Jan 11, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 01:35

Not that I am aware of.

You can change the map using Mission Director if you care to learn it. There is only a handful of people who know how at this point.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 08:50

Check the link in my sig, (Extended Horizons). Have a look at the MD and Map files to see one of the ways of doing it.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 16:05

Once you learn MD, making changes to the map is fairly simple.
You will need to create a new map that holds the sectors you want to add.
But, there are ways of making changes to the existing sectors using MD as well. With MD you gain a lot of power over the game and yes these changes can affect your save games. This would really be the only way to maybe accomplish what you are after. I say maybe because I'm not sure what you want to change. MD is a powerful tool, but it can't do everything. Somethings you may want to change can be done, yet there are other things that may require a new game before your changes can be incorporated.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 16:31

Thanks for the answers so far. I've already tested a few things with the RSM_SecMag MD-Script from Ketraar and the All Plots Complete MD-Script because it also alters/triggers the ANH Sector. Now I got my own sector quite the way I wanted it to be. Basically by editing ANH_Sector_Boron and CSV_Mission.pck (cause it overwrites the sector background and defines the gate position).

I still need to find out, how a MD-Script has to be written to start at any given ingame date. Or for example it starts as soon as it is inside the /Director folder and checks ingame if sector or object xyz already exists and creates it if not.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 19. Jan 11, 17:08

If you just want to add stuff to the existing map all you need is to create your map with the additional stuff and use the code I've posted in this topic to load it into any save game.

You might find additional info related to MD and Maps from this topic onwards

If you need more info just ask.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”