[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Asby
x4

Toucan Prototype

Post by Asby » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 13:58

Toucan Prototype has wrong first-person view. Whether have been installed a cocpit mod or not. I see a wall in front of me. May be front-person camera has wrong position.

mrowka
x4

Post by mrowka » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 14:08

Im not sure if any of split m6 is a good corvet killer, did try only drake and dragon sentinel which is my main m6 atm, but i did look through all m6 i could find stats and i can say that with current wepons that they can use, split corvets compare to others races (excluding teladi which i didnt try yet) arent much of a corvet killer.
It more like hit&run for them, compare for example to vidar which is hit&ram&collect loot :P

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 14:23

deca.death wrote: You mean it's too fast for it's own good?
Maybe, but like you said, im good with that, the speed is awesome and makes it 'special' but lets compare:

Dragon: 7.7mil
Speed: 241
Acceleration: 22
Steering: 17
2x 200mj sheilds
Turrets: front

Dragon Sentinel: 11.7mil
Speed: 228
Acceleration: 22
Steering: 18
3x 200mj sheilds
Turrets: right, left, up, down, back

Drake: 16.2mil
Speed: 324
Acceleration: 16
Steering: 6
2x 200mj sheilds
Turrets: right, left, up

Now im not trying to start a whole 'balance' debate, but for what you pay for a Drake you can get 2 Dragons and maybe even equip them decently,
so it needs a Little more, like a bottom turret so while its circling around it can still shoot, or better steering, which would hopefully allow it to turn and do an actual attack run.
Also im not surprised it didnt last long against the Blastclaws, but it didnt even kill one of them, at best one was at 80% shields, i think this is due to the circling bit too.
(All the attacking was done when i was finished playing, i saved and was curious what it could do, so told it to attack everything.)

Though by design it makes a great 'hit and run' M6, ...the AI just doesnt know how to Do that though. The game could use some new attack routines and attack commands. Ive looked into that, but that would take far more time then i have to nail down correctly. Ive toyed with the idea of 'attack math' based off of a ships speed and steering, but i think that would still require a rewrite of most the attack scripts. =/
(Also im still trying to setup pilots, sooo yeah, i need to finish that first, :P)

...Anyways, honestly. i didnt buy this one. :P
I cant buy Split ships right now in my current game, this one was a bail that i repaired from 16% hull.
I might turn it into a UT, i mean, its got decent cargo and good speed. I'll have to check into that....

Edit: Heck, right now im flying around in a capped Pirate Octopus while just remoting the rest of my ships till i can score Anything with a decent ship bay to dock stuff in. Then i might move into a Pirate Barracuda Raider or a Mamba Raider and start a war over Split Fire...
(Sill not a fan of flying ships bigger then an M3... though with the Drakes speed, its tempting. ^-^ )

acgabs
x3tc

Post by acgabs » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 15:15

I have a question about missile salvos on M7M (Tobosaku Variant B).

It does automatically choose the right missle for the target, yes. The problem is, it doesn't fire salvos at all. It just fires one missile after the other as if I would manually start single missiles according to their normal cooldown. What's up with that?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 15:38

acgabs wrote:I have a question about missile salvos on M7M (Tobosaku Variant B).

It does automatically choose the right missle for the target, yes. The problem is, it doesn't fire salvos at all. It just fires one missile after the other as if I would manually start single missiles according to their normal cooldown. What's up with that?
As long as you set the missile turrets to either attack all or attack target, the M7M will fire all turrets simultaneously, dependant on the target. It will only fire enough missiles that it needs to destroy the target. So if your target is an M5 it will only fire one missile.

However, if you're not seeing simultaneous launches, then check that you are actually ordering the turrets and not the ship. The ship order is separate and does not cause the missile script to run. You must order the turrets to attack all or attack target.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 15:41

RE: M6s - I'm actually have a think about rebalancing them all a bit at the moment. They are not quite in the gap between M3s and M7s and are too easily beaten by a wing of fighters.

So I'm considering increasing their laser energy and possibly an extra shield across the board.

Also, I'm considering a speed increase across the board for all fighters and corvettes.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Re: Toucan Prototype

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 15:41

Asby wrote:Toucan Prototype has wrong first-person view. Whether have been installed a cocpit mod or not. I see a wall in front of me. May be front-person camera has wrong position.
I'll fix it - thanks.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 15:42

garrry34 wrote: specifically planet subtype 134 (does anyone know which texture is used for this?)...
Check TPlanets. That will tell you the model and from the model you'll be able to determine the texture.

acgabs
x3tc

Post by acgabs » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 16:04

Maybe that's the Problem? The ship only has one "missile turret" with 12 launchers in it, the "up" turret. I selected a single Pirate Centaur and it kept shooting 1 heavy missile at a time.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 16:51

acgabs wrote:Maybe that's the Problem? The ship only has one "missile turret" with 12 launchers in it, the "up" turret. I selected a single Pirate Centaur and it kept shooting 1 heavy missile at a time.
It will fire all 12 launchers simultaneously. Make sure you are setting the turret order - not the ship.

It may not fire all 12 as its only an M6, but it should fire a few at least.

The old version of the missile boat script fired one at a time, so check that you have copied all scripts from the "scripts" folder in XRM part 2.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 18:03

Okay, so I'm back to playing X3 again. A few random thoughts on XRM:

Why not use Cadius' orbital shipyard for the Darkspace Showroom? Also, why not sell more ships with them; the Yokohama, for example, is basically made obsolete by the Logich. Terrans can have Mark 1 ships too.

If you really want to get rid of the Aegir, you could do the same thing. (I'd consider the Snotra's outlying design as a better candidate for mothballing.)

Lucike's Missile Defense Mosquito is very easy to switch from using Poltergeists to Delta missiles.

Everything looks good, by the way. I like all the new pirate skins, those purple Yaki fighters are beautiful, and I appreciate the more interconnected universe. A pity you can't use TOAs for interorbital jumps in Terran space, though.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 18:24

If you rebalance M6's, moving guns to the turrets would have a major impact. Might be less desirable for players using them as "super fighters", but NPC use would be far more effective against fighters, and it would better fit the role of a mini-capital ship or gunship.

Speaking of the Tobosaku B, could it get a pair of left/right turrets with a couple PSP? Seems a bit weak for a lite M2 counterpart and M7M with only 12 launch tubes, though the good SSC coverage is very nice compared to almost all other M7M (they can't take what they dish out).
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 19:47

Was wondering, since Ego never fixed it maybe this is hard to do: I wondered why..if you dock two ships at a station and transfer everything from one to another ( example would be two corvettes) why do you lose all the marines during the transfer? If your DOCKED at a station they could walk across, its not space, even if you transfer the cargo life support system over to the other, you lose everyone you trained.That needs fixed, its silly to think they all die while docked.

The reason this came up now..I just capped a Washi, and this happened when I transferred all my stuff over from my MK 1 corvette..it bothered me before this too, since it didn't make any sense they died while at a station. :roll:

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 19:54

Have you tried it with cargo bay life support on both ships before the transfer? If it doesn't work like that, there's nothing I can do I'm afraid.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 20:04

paulwheeler wrote:RE: M6s - I'm actually have a think about rebalancing them all a bit at the moment. They are not quite in the gap between M3s and M7s and are too easily beaten by a wing of fighters.

So I'm considering increasing their laser energy and possibly an extra shield across the board.
Fighters indeed last longer in any fight but that is true even with M7 and M2. I somehow thought that it was deliberate policy of XRM and I've liked it actually.

But yes, you could increase M-6 weapon energy, especially light group. As I was saying already they do struggle with 1GJ shielding opponent, which is almost unkillable to many.

About speed? Well I would just note that fighters seem slowish considering corvettes, most of them go up to 200m/s and somehow vettes do almost the same. You could increase that gap a bit. Otherwise I think it's OK.

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 20:54

Well, i dont know if theres anything wrong with the speed of things in the game, i mean i like fast fighters, yeah, but i dont think all the speeds need to be increased or such, plus the AI and speed doesnt really mix, :P
i'll be honest though, i cant say how id feel 100% about it till it was tested or something,

Anyways, if youre thinking about redoing the M6s, how about splitting them into roles?
IE: The Dragon and the Dragon Sentinel.

The Dragon is pretty much your 'basic' Split* M6, while the Dragon Sentinel is a good example of a 'gunship'. Ive havnt checked the Heavy Dragon out in a long while, but ideally you could give it bigger main guns and make it focused on taking out other M6/M7 ships.

*I say Split because the Dragon is a Split ship is design, i mean the stats just wouldnt fit for say the Argon, so ofcourse the Race would have to be a consideration to ship roles.

The Drake would also make a good 'fast attack' ship.
(Better if the AI could use it correctly.)
...Ya know, it Just occurred to me while typing, that if the Drake didnt have the Side turrets it might turn to attack with the front guns or the Top turret, might be something to test, ...taking out all the turrets might make it do better attack runs, i'll run the game here and check that by removing weapons.
(if thatll work. >.>)

But i will save i approve of some heavier shields on M6s and maybe more weapon energy or a better recharge rate. Ive never really used them because theyve always seemed kind of weak to me. Specially when back in SRM/CMOD i used to be able to take on 2-3 of them with a single M3, ...as long as missiles didnt get me.
XRM is a different mod, i know, but such things have kind of stuck with me. ^-^;

Edit: ohyeah, almost forgot:
deca.death wrote: Fighters indeed last longer in any fight but that is true even with M7 and M2. I somehow thought that it was deliberate policy of XRM and I've liked it actually.
I totally agree. I dont like it when M4s/M3s are pretty much fancy M5s to be swatted by the first couple of shots.

NOValdemar
xr

Post by NOValdemar » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 21:37

I think everyone should probably remember that their experience with how easy fighters are to kill will depend on their hull pack install.

I completely agree with Pauls assessment of the M6 v M3/M4 at least as it relates to med. hull. Another shield is a good idea. The risk with increasing speed for the heavy fighters is that you make the M4 M5 class less useful.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next update.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 21:51

I'm only considering the speed increase at the moment. If I did it, it would only be say 50m/s across the board, not a huge amount.

I'm thinking with the new universe pack in mind too, where you won't be able to jump everywhere so speed is even more important. Fighters really come into their own with this pack. If there is an emergency in a sector with no jump beacon all you can do is jump your carrier to the nearest beacon in an adjacent sector and then send in your fastest ships.

Oh - and everything I balance is with the medium hull pack in mind mainly, as this the pack I use.

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 21:52

Well, i dont have any hull packs on my install.

Anyways, i tried this out and 'Less Turrets' on the Drake = Baaaad.

Basically it Still circled, wouldnt even do more then one attack run on a dolphin. Then when i told it to attack another Trader. It picked the biggest asteroid in the sector and flew into it because the Dolphin's Mk II Fighter drone was attacking it. -_-

Before that i had it fight a Hydra and it just flew Straight into it and they both blew up. =/

So. I think it could use some more steering myself. >.>
though i see its supposed to be more a 'bullet' then a 'fighter jet' but yeah, im thinking a little Too much 'bullet' maybe up the steering to 10?
but on that note, the answer is probably just a bottom turret, that way while its circling it can still shoot. -_-

Edit:
and since Paul posted while i was typing ^-^
An extra 50m/s might be alright, and it does make the new universe pack sound more interesting...
Last edited by Firewrath on Thu, 24. Nov 11, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 22:35

On cargo life support, it should be built into all ships able to carry marines, its only missing on M6's and TM's (iirc), both also give the impression of having a crew when used by NPC's.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”