[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 22:44

yarrick5 wrote:So is ap like an expansion, or will it require a new Start? Cause Thats Def. Not Wörth my time.
Yes its an expansion and requires a new start as it includes new storyline/s. Improvements it brings are well worth the time in my opinion.
Gyver162 wrote:Is there any way to remove engine effects (tails/smoke)?
You could edit the tships file to remove the smoke and delete the model files for the trails.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:25

Cycrow wrote:just a heads up for AP.

theres a load of new sector names that have been added for future patch/mod use.

so you should have plenty of sector names available with complete voice
That's good news - thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully I'll be able to butcher them for ship names too!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:30

there was plans for lots of unused ship names too, however, im not sure if they made it in or not.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:34

Hi,

Tell ya what Paul, going back to vanilla - even if it's AP vanilla - is a bit of a shock! The bullet speeds. are. so. very. very. sloowww! It's the most noticable thing for me.

I was going to play and create a quick bullet mod as I have in the past but it appears that Egosoft used a newer version of the X3 Editor 2 that is currently available to us. So, the new tBullets file format isn't compatible - at least not with the "friendly" view.

Might have a tinker, but it's gotten too late to start something.

I really think that XRM on X3:AP will be something quite special. No pressure :)

PS: you mentioned you do a lot of your modding at work? That mean you get PAID to do this! Nice! lol.

Cheers,

Scoob.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:48

I have a nice quiet office tucked away on my own. Handy! :wink:

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:49

It looks like there is a conflict between MBRRs Recon Uplink commands and AP. That appears to be the only conflict related to commands with the suggest scripts/mods. As far as I can see at least.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:54

Scoob wrote:
I was going to play and create a quick bullet mod as I have in the past but it appears that Egosoft used a newer version of the X3 Editor 2 that is currently available to us. So, the new tBullets file format isn't compatible - at least not with the "friendly" view.
That will be down to the new OOS bullet damage field thats been added. Helps fix the OOS damage problems thats always been around until now.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:59

killerog wrote: That will be down to the new OOS bullet damage field thats been added. Helps fix the OOS damage problems thats always been around until now.
Yep, guessed as much - a good reason to change it for sure. Hopefully DS will be good enough to release his updated tools as he has in the past. Damn useful they are!

Scoob.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:00

ah kk, cheers bud

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 03:54

Ohhh.....missiles have hull points in AP... This could make missiles very interesting in XRM. I assume they can be modified.

Edit: it appears you can. Yay for boarding pods and big beefy torpedos.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:01

joelR wrote:Ohhh.....missiles have hull points in AP... This could make missiles very interesting in XRM. I assume they can be modified.

They do listen maybe :wink:

And it seems like AP is just the beginning of a long bridge they're building towards X:RB (maybe even more awesome mod support?!)

This is one awesome holiday.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:38

Mad_CatMk2 wrote:
joelR wrote:Ohhh.....missiles have hull points in AP... This could make missiles very interesting in XRM. I assume they can be modified.

They do listen maybe :wink:

And it seems like AP is just the beginning of a long bridge they're building towards X:RB (maybe even more awesome mod support?!)

This is one awesome holiday.
Agreed. Get crackin' paul!! Looks like XRM fixes quite a few things you have been so painstakingly trying to fix.

No break for you huh? Lol. At least we all feel a little less guilty knowing youre on the clock lol.

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:39

Well we can confirm there are a lot of things implemented that before were only possible with OBJ hacks. Lots ands LOTS of good things there. From a modding point of view the AL stuff (War, Stock Exchange, etc...) could be both good and bad depending on the scope of the mod involved but other than that AP seems to have a fair bit more functionality than TC for us modders :)

Jack08 is dancing one minute and swearing the next but I'm sure we'll sort something out ;)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:48

Yeah. Was wondering what you guys were thinking with xtl so close to being finished. I imagine some stuff will be reworked.

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:07

Yup. I've got guide right here:
How to remove ship trails.

Some of the improvements in AP sound rather nice, i'll admit, but really, XRM/CMOD graphic changes are what allow me to play X3TC at all, so hopefully XRM can move over, but honestly, since im one of those people thats waiting for the box to come out, im in no hurry for an immediate XRM to AP update, :P

Also some other things i noticed a bit ago and have to ask:

A) Can the Transporter Device be added to the PAR ships that can hold it?
(Its rather nice when using ADS, ...which i sorely hope will be compatible with AP, =/)

and

B) Why is MARS like XL or XXL and cost 2mil+? O_O
i was using Smart Turrets but installed MARS for ADS and then seen the equipment size/price and ...yeah, wow, it makes it totally useless for M3s,
so just curious there, (and MARS uses the X3TC M.A.R.S. as a requirement, so im not asking about something the mod adds itself, :P)

also, XRM 1.14, Nifty, i'll hopefully get to grab it in the next week here,
(Yeah. Ive been gone for well over a week and am still not back 'enough' yet)
but from the release notes, im curious, you were talking about upping all the ships speed by 50m/s, i take it you decided against it for this update?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:34

Firewrath wrote:
Yup. I've got guide right here:
How to remove ship trails.

Some of the improvements in AP sound rather nice, i'll admit, but really, XRM/CMOD graphic changes are what allow me to play X3TC at all, so hopefully XRM can move over, but honestly, since im one of those people thats waiting for the box to come out, im in no hurry for an immediate XRM to AP update, :P

Also some other things i noticed a bit ago and have to ask:

A) Can the Transporter Device be added to the PAR ships that can hold it?
(Its rather nice when using ADS, ...which i sorely hope will be compatible with AP, =/)

and

B) Why is MARS like XL or XXL and cost 2mil+? O_O
i was using Smart Turrets but installed MARS for ADS and then seen the equipment size/price and ...yeah, wow, it makes it totally useless for M3s,
so just curious there, (and MARS uses the X3TC M.A.R.S. as a requirement, so im not asking about something the mod adds itself, :P)

also, XRM 1.14, Nifty, i'll hopefully get to grab it in the next week here,
(Yeah. Ive been gone for well over a week and am still not back 'enough' yet)
but from the release notes, im curious, you were talking about upping all the ships speed by 50m/s, i take it you decided against it for this update?
A - There should be no problems putting the transporter device on PAR ships that have the right ware compatibility.

B - I didn't realise people used MARS on fighters... Its expensive because its powerful.

Also, from the 1.14 release notes...

Added - All M5s, M4s, M3s and M6s gain 20m/s on their top speed.

I thought I'd increase speeds by a small amount and see how it goes.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:40

Firewrath wrote:Some of the improvements in AP sound rather nice, i'll admit, but really, XRM/CMOD graphic changes are what allow me to play X3TC at all, so hopefully XRM can move over, but honestly, since im one of those people thats waiting for the box to come out, im in no hurry for an immediate XRM to AP update, :P
I have too admit I am in no rush to see XRM port over to AP either...as it means the natural development of XRM will slow down during it!

Paul, does this mean then their will be 2 version's of XRM eventually?

1 for XTC and another for AP? as you can't play the same missions on either or can you? I havent downloaded AP yet....

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:48

And I like the small speed increase, just separates the lighter stuff to the cap ships even more....

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:59

Sn4kemaster wrote: Paul, does this mean then their will be 2 version's of XRM eventually?

1 for XTC and another for AP? as you can't play the same missions on either or can you? I havent downloaded AP yet....
I have no idea of modding and i don't play xrm, but there's something Lucike said on his own forum that could possibly help you:
Lucike wrote:Ach so, das mit den Mods ist wirklich gut gelöst. Man kann in der CATDAT entscheiden, ob die Daten von TC oder AP geladen werden sollen. Das ist richtig gut. Man braucht also keine zwei Versionen anbieten.

Translation:
Lucike wrote:They solved the mod problem in a good way. You can decide in the CATDAT if the data should be loaded by TC or AP. That's really good. That means you don't need two versions.

I wasn' trained as interpreter, but it should be enough to understand. :wink:

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 10:09

Yeah,

I noticed an addon folder in the 01 and 02 cat/dat files in the addon folder in the X3TC install directory when I was looking at its contents last night. It seemed to contain all the type files used by X3:AP.

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”