[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:02

all right thanks for the reply I will see if I can figure it out. I will let you know if I figure anything out haha not that it probably matters

how does it no which level to start in, after reinstalling the scripts it seemed to go to level two automatically

do you use any mods in that list so I can eliminate some.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:21

joelR wrote:
expnobody wrote:i played AP whole afternoon, like the spoiler said..how do i disable the war?
Spoiler
Show
at the beginning i actually thought the war is going somewhere, apparently not, Terran will never take over commonwealth, may be i should just disable the war and have MBRR take control over the war..

how can i make NPC claim a sector with MBRR?
I think (dont quote me on this) it would be a simple process of deleting the war related MD files in the director folder. I suspect this would break the plot though.

I like the idead of having MBRR taking over but alot of MBRR functions will overlap the RRF.
I seem to recall Cycrow saying all you need to do is remove the war map and the war stops. (which implies you can change the war sectors by changing the war map...)

I've had a little look at the AP jobs and the rrf ships are simply standard jobs with a special setup script. So I will be able to either utilise them and integrate them into the xrm or remove them depending on what I decide to do.

I'm seriously considering getting rid of the war and plot for the AP XRM and making it the ultimate "sandbox".

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:24

paulwheeler wrote:
I'm seriously considering getting rid of the war and plot for the AP XRM and making it the ultimate "sandbox".
That makes the most sense. The AP plot is a small part of what AP really is anyhow.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:38

Bobisback wrote:at least you replied haha anyway is there any chance you can shed some light on some things?

sniper_wolf_mods

Whats that?

SEWN

A lot of sats with this running can bog a game down.

EDIT: I use nearly everything you have with the exception of the FDN mods. I dont have any issue with Phanon slowing my game down.

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:57

if we can change the war sector, i want a dynamic war sector..where all the war sector makes a front line that you can clearly see on the map..

example:
say Heretic's End is front line, therefore a war sector
Terran secures HE, move on to the next sector, war sector changes..
summer time..

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:37

I only have SEWN on core sectors i use which totals about 10 tops, like I said when deleted phanon corp scripts i went from 14 fps to 70, ummm doubt it is just an unrelated coincidence.

so FDN is the only one, I wonder if that is what it is, you no that was the only mod that I installed after I started my game, and the first level of phanon ran fine, it bought fighters and freighters and even put up some factories so.

sinper wolf mods where performance mods I just added to see if it would help fps, did not help at all.

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:45

The problem with war mods is they can and will break the plots.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:58

but but... Ego promised more plots in the future, maybe just leave the plot for the Argon Peacekeeper start.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:29

They... used the RRF mod as a base I take it for the War thing huh? means they solved that issue RRF had with ships jumping in like crazy and crashing the game :lol: and slowing it down.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:26

Wow. That's quite a list of mods you have there. I really wouldn't know what the conflict would be. I didn't write any of them, so Joel's input is probably far more valuable than mine.

We haven't had a single report of a performance issue with Phanon in this thread. You're the first, my friend.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:39

You do realize that ss_t_tc_performance_boost is redundant now right? Especially if your using the XRM mod and the current patches.

You might also want to try and apply the 4gig patch program thingy to the game. Even though egosoft did say the game is no longer hindered by 2 gigz I still used that 4 gig fix.

other then that... you have some script or mod conflicting or you have something in that list that is slowing your game down. Best bet would be to go through the list and add them one at a time and see what the game looks like after that. If you install a mod or put the files into the right folders and then start the game up to see what happens. This seems to be the only right way to figure out which mods tend to cause issues.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:41

expnobody wrote:great, more CHAOS..that's how i like it in my game..
I'm all for chaos. Let's have some more of that.

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

sneakbyte
x3tc

Post by sneakbyte » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:42

What does TPC stand for? i cannot seem to trigger the Terran plot with the OTAS operative start.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:42

sneakbyte wrote:What does TPC stand for? i cannot seem to trigger the Terran plot with the OTAS operative start.
Terran Plot Complete. Hence your problem :P

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 06:27

Cadius wrote:
but but... Ego promised more plots in the future, maybe just leave the plot for the Argon Peacekeeper start.

but but plots are pathetic (no offense to whoever that's writing the plot, but it is kinda getting boring after you are doing killing, shipping and whatever over 9000 times in TC)..we need dynamic war environments, MBRR is close to achieve it, the up coming IR probably going to be even closer, if there is just some way to generate war mission that's corresponding to the current war situation, that would just be full of epicness.

say:Terran's fleet is 2 jumps away from Argon prime.

in Argon prime and every other Argon sector that is still not terran, immediately spawn fight missions (or msg directly to player) to help Argon gain some ground

That's call "you can make a difference"
summer time..

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 06:36

And I suppose I'm pathetic for liking the plot huh? All I ask was keep the plot for one start that's all.

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 06:43

Cadius wrote:And I suppose I'm pathetic for liking the plot huh? All I ask was keep the plot for one start that's all.
dont take me wrong..i am just saying standard plot missions are just getting boring. Terran defender is a nice start for starters....oh..my bad..i didnt read your whole post, i thought you said you want more plots..i apologize :o
summer time..

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 07:47

expnobody wrote:dont take me wrong..i am just saying standard plot missions are just getting boring. Terran defender is a nice start for starters....oh..my bad..i didnt read your whole post, i thought you said you want more plots..i apologize :o
The plots just need more in-depth and better story telling. It has been the problem since the dawn of X3. I suppose, in some small part, it can be somewhat attributed to the limitations of the game engine but mostly, not enough detail and effort has been put into the plot missions.

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:41

dont have much time, so real quick my thought on the 'War'
personally, id Love to see it moved to the 'pirate alley' sectors, but with all races involved (instead of everyone VS terrans as it sounds),
meaning Boron VS Split, Argon VS Paranid /etc, or as setup by whatever race relations script youre using,
(those sectors seem to be fought over alot, plus its the main pirate hangout, so itd seem likely that two opposing races would fight if they met while out pirate hunting,)
paulwheeler wrote: A - There should be no problems putting the transporter device on PAR ships that have the right ware compatibility.

B - I didn't realise people used MARS on fighters... Its expensive because its powerful.

Also, from the 1.14 release notes...

Added - All M5s, M4s, M3s and M6s gain 20m/s on their top speed.

I thought I'd increase speeds by a small amount and see how it goes.
A) i ment included with the preinstalled software, its annoying to get at times / hard to find a station that sells it,
like in my current 1.12 game (havnt had time to DL 1.14, muchless update or even play, :P) i can Not find a Bioscanner Anywhere, is annoying, -_-
(playing in Paranid space and at 'war' with Argon/Boron)

other PAR comments, i noticed theres an S/M/L that have no real differences besides what weapons they come with (and those get destroyed when you equip stuff anyways) but can you set what is preinstalled as part of the S/M/L stuff?
like different preinstalled weapons/equipment on different S/M/L ships in the shipyard,

i know itd be a bit of work doing that with Every PAR ship, but im mostly asking because the thought occurred to me and made me wonder if its a limitation of the game as to what preinstalled stuff can be set with the S/M/L ships,
IE: can the preinstalled stuff be changed like different weapons that come with a S/M/L ship,

B) well Yeah, MARS missile defense alone makes it worth while for M4/M3s :P
drones can be helpful too, but less so when you have to buy them for each M3, -_-

as for the speed increase, i must have Totally missed that >.<
Sorry.
But it sounds like itll be time for me to start a new game whenever i next upgrade,
i want to try out the new universe map, ^-^

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 10:08

Requiemfang wrote:They... used the RRF mod as a base I take it for the War thing huh? means they solved that issue RRF had with ships jumping in like crazy and crashing the game :lol: and slowing it down.
No, RRF is not fully implemented and its separate to the war.

The AP RRF uses jobs created ships. So it can't create ships and has a set number. This actually is a good thing. I will be able to add rrf control to existing xrm jobs. As long as I keep it subtle with just a handful of ships, it will be a nice addition.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”