[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 06:32

Bobisback wrote:I am using bounce but hat does the wall file do? what is the point of it?

edit: never mind found out what it is haha.... thats so funny been running this without it being installed right
Dude.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 06:45

Litcube wrote:
Bobisback wrote:I am using bounce but hat does the wall file do? what is the point of it?

edit: never mind found out what it is haha.... thats so funny been running this without it being installed right
Dude.
(bit of a worry.......)

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 08:00

morikaane wrote:
Litcube wrote:

Dude.
(bit of a worry.......)
you said it :lol:

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 08:36

Requiemfang wrote:
morikaane wrote:
Litcube wrote:

Dude.
(bit of a worry.......)
sighed
summer time..

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 09:01

reminds me of when i used to use oblivion script extender but never actually ra the game through script extended and wondered why half the mods didnt work lol :( ;)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 09:32

morikaane wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:I can't give a time frame yet. The AP port is proving to be a lot more work than I anticipated. There are some issues with the current xrm added ship models causing ap to crash on start up. Working out exactly which ones is the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Try removing killerog's engine trail models from the cat/dat files. I was having crashes because of them, removing them did the trick for me (though I might have been doing something wrong... but I did add them into the bodies file correctly... unless that's not the only types file they need to be added to...)

M.
I'll try that - thanks

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 10:15

So since its Christmas.
(and i cant wrap my head around menu arrays and columns... >.>)
I though I'd work on something I've been bugging Paul about for a while.
So Merry Christmas Paul!
My gift being something that gets me to shutup. Hope thats ok. :P

Now I'm posting it here instead of PMing it like I was originally going to, because if i screwed up, it seems a few good scriptors check this thread and they can point it out. ^-^;;

This should be the Last thing to run from your scripts, so just throw it as the end of whatever runs last.

Code: Select all

* Setup the version number to check against later. It also setups for the 'First Run' check.
*Versions with A, B, C /etc can be listed as XX01, XX02, XX03 /etc. While the main version numbers will be 13XX, 14XX, 15XX. (So 1.14a = 1401, 1.14b = 1402, /etc)
$xrmv = get global variable: name='XRM Version'
$xrmfr = get global variable: name='XRM First Run'

* This checks for the global variable and sets it. It also checks to see if this is the first time XRM is being run to prevent running the patch over a fresh install.
if not $xrmv->exists
  set global variable: name='XRM Version' value=1500
  set global variable: name='XRM First Run' value=1
else if $xrmv->exists
  set global variable: name='XRM First Run' value=0
end

* This pauses the script if the player is currently docked. (Hopefully.)
while [PLAYERSHIP]->is docked
  @ = wait 1000 ms
end

* This allows you to setup a wait in seconds before the update menu will appear.
$xrmwaittime = 0
while $xrmwaittime > 10
  @ = wait 1000 ms
  inc $xrmwaittime =
end

* This pops up a menu if the version number doesnt match and if this isnt the first time XRM was installed. The menu ask if the user wants to run the XRM patch now or manually later on.
if $xrmv != 1500 AND $xrmfr != 1
  $xrmua = 'xrmua'
  $xrmub = 'xrmub'
  $xrmumenu = create custom menu array
  add custom menu item to array $xrmumenu: text='Run the XRM update patch' returnvalue=$xrmua
  add custom menu item to array $xrmumenu: text='Dont update XRM' returnvalue=$xrmub

$return = open custom menu: title='XRM Update' description='This allows you to run the XRM update script' option array=$xrmumenu

if $return == $xrmua
    START null->call script 'temp.xrm.1.14to1.15patch' :
    set global variable: name='XRM Version' value=1500

else if $return == $xrmub
    send incoming message 'You have chose not to update XRM at this time. You can always update XRM later using the Script editor to run the temp.xrm.1.14to1.15patch script.' to player: display it=[TRUE]
  end
end
Now obviously this is setup to patch 1.14 to 1.15 But it wont run if upgrading from 1.14.
Why? Because the global variable isn't set so it treats it like a fresh XRM install. -_-

So after 1.15 this Should work correctly if I set it all up right.
I Hope. ^-^;;

Anyways. Merry Christmas Everyone! ^-^

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 11:24

Could you please help me with some advice?

I have the X3 Albion Prelude standalone edition, and I haven't played any X Universe game so far, but now that I discovered it, it seems really fun. Of course I would like to play Terran Conflict the first time, and while learning about how to play the game, I discovered that there are great mods available, like XRM.

Should I play Vanilla the first time or should I start using XRM from the beginning to have the most fun?

Also, does the current version work with the standalone X3 AP?

Thank you!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 11:29

expnobody wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:
morikaane wrote:
Litcube wrote:

Dude.
(bit of a worry.......)
sighed

[ external image ]

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 11:46

Hey first of all thanks for this great mod paul, play it like an addict since i installed it :)

got a simple question, is there a printable (or atleast somekind) of map avaible? Searched now the last 25 pages because google send me to a thread where someone asked that on dec 15th and got linked to the main xrm-thread but it seems he didnt ask here :)

And if theres one avaible it could probably be linked in first post, just as a suggestion

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 12:35

:lol: why of course there is a map... I have such a map but I can't find it atm... :(

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 13:19

joelR wrote:
expnobody wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:
morikaane wrote:
Litcube wrote:

Dude.
(bit of a worry.......)
sighed

[ external image ]
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XxI1hBl8el0/T ... addesk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbKC1SLvXxY

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 13:39

dreamer2008 wrote:Could you please help me with some advice?

I have the X3 Albion Prelude standalone edition, and I haven't played any X Universe game so far, but now that I discovered it, it seems really fun. Of course I would like to play Terran Conflict the first time, and while learning about how to play the game, I discovered that there are great mods available, like XRM.

Should I play Vanilla the first time or should I start using XRM from the beginning to have the most fun?

Also, does the current version work with the standalone X3 AP?

Thank you!
I would go ahead and play this strait off the bat, as it really improves the TC experience.

Also this is not yet working with AP, Paul is working on it and hopefully it will be out early in the new year.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 14:40

InFlamesForEver wrote: I would go ahead and play this strait off the bat, as it really improves the TC experience.

Also this is not yet working with AP, Paul is working on it and hopefully it will be out early in the new year.
Thank you for the reply!

I will wait patiently for the update then and only after I install the mod I will start playing since it requires a new game.

Ulcator

Post by Ulcator » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:15

Hi, i have some questions about this mod.

First, if i install it as fake patch do it have to be the highest or the lowest number?

Then, is it intended that the race military, pirates and even some khaak uses argon mammoths?? i have mammoths everywhere, transporters, patrols, or the fancy "Khaak Mammoth"
Im not using any other mods/scripts that changes the ships.

And as last, why the ships statistics differs from the excel i can dl in the main posting?
For example my Vidar have an maximum speed of 128 (with optimization) instead of 226 written in the excel file.

thanks in advance :-)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:29

Ulcator wrote:Hi, i have some questions about this mod.

First, if i install it as fake patch do it have to be the highest or the lowest number?

Then, is it intended that the race military, pirates and even some khaak uses argon mammoths?? i have mammoths everywhere, transporters, patrols, or the fancy "Khaak Mammoth"

And as last, why the ships statistics differs from the excel i can dl in the main posting?
For example my Vidar have an maximum speed of 128 (with optimization) instead of 226 written in the excel file.

Your having a conflict.
Do a complete re-install from a vanilla backup and make sure that XRM cat.dat are the lowest value that arn't there from vanilla.

EDIT: I meant to say only reinstall if you have any other scripts and things in other than XRM otherwise it can be a muddle, trust me I have been in your situation a couple of times.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:34

InFlamesForEver wrote:

Your having a conflict.
Do a complete re-install from a vanilla backup and make sure that XRM cat.dat are the lowest value that arn't there from vanilla.
Example:

14.dat/cat Your Favourite X3TC HUD
15.dat/cat XRM Part I
16.dat/cat XRM Part 2
17.dat/cat XRM Backgrounds
18.dat/cat XRM Medium Hull Pack

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:54

Ulcator wrote:<snip> ....the fancy "Khaak Mammoth"
Paul. Please include said ship in next version of XRM.

Thanks,

A loyal fan

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:55

You have another mod that alters tships installed to a higher cat/dat number than the xrm, so the game can't actually see the xrm tships. Remove the offending mod and restart your game.

As for the number order, it entirely depends on what other mods you have installed and whether they alter the same files as the xrm. Read the compatibility notes on the first page thoroughly.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 18:10

£10 he has xtra ship pack installed aswell and is using the wrong jobs file for xrm! :)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”