[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:19

paulwheeler wrote:I don't want to make superfreighters obsolete. They have quite a few turrets and good shielding already.
I suppose you could make the new TSs prohibitively expensive. The original superfreighters would be less expensive, making them more efficient for trading, station logistics, and general profit-making. TS+s would be saved for special, high risk applications like combat tenders or collecting floating wares in dangerous space.
Last edited by A5PECT on Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:19

I also want account for the fact that the Argons don't have one...

Unless Expnobody fancies making one.
Last edited by paulwheeler on Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:20

morikaane wrote:
Scoob wrote:Also, if the Nimitz was only crewed by the Captain who ran everything removely it might prove a little easier for those Marines... :)
That'd be a sight to behold.

On a side note, as a personal rule in this playthrough, all of my capital ships need at least 10 marines before I am 'allowed' to use them :P

M.
Well, in X big ships are rather under-populated in my view so can feel rather lonely as Captain - hope Rebirth addresses this.

Scoob.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:20

paulwheeler wrote:I also want account for the fact that the Argons don't have one...
You could turn the Mistral SF into a TS+, the Argon already have the Mercury Superfreighter. Just an idea.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:22

paulwheeler wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:hey, how do i get the AP plot to activate? or is it disabled in the mod?
It is disabled as it doesn't work without the AP vanilla "war" being active.
oh how comes you removed it?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:22

What I will do (didn't realise I'd missed this) is double up all their turret gun parts to 2. That will double total gun numbers.

EDIT - scrap that. Only the dolphin uses standard turrets. The others use the M64 turret which already has two per turret.
Last edited by paulwheeler on Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:23

Nick 031287 wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:hey, how do i get the AP plot to activate? or is it disabled in the mod?
Cos its rubbish!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:24

Nick 031287 wrote:oh how comes you removed it?
Paul rewrote the vanilla war system and the plot isn't compatible with the new one.

He said he'll work on putting the plot back in when he gets the chance.

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:24

KloHunt3r wrote:You could turn the Mistral SF into a TS+, the Argon already have the Mercury Superfreighter. Just an idea.
That's an idea.

I was only thinking that the 'Sentinel' type could be faster, tougher version (sort of 'military grade') but with less cargo space and used to run high-value XXL cargo, like weapons, for example.

But if you think it won't work Paul, it's all good. :)

Cheers,
M.
Last edited by morikaane on Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:25

paulwheeler wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:
Cos its rubbish!
well yeah the plot did suck lol, but cant expect too much when there trying to finish making X rebirth. and them War reports were a pain in the ass lol. but i liked the idea of the war tho i mean i wanted terrans to conquer the common wealth

i see the war is sitll going on but are they taking control of anything or just spawning battles?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:28

morikaane wrote:
KloHunt3r wrote:You could turn the Mistral SF into a TS+, the Argon already have the Mercury Superfreighter. Just an idea.
That's an idea.

I was only thinking that the 'Sentinel' type could be faster, tougher version (sort of 'military grade') but with less cargo space and used to run high-value cargo, like weapons, for example.

But if you think it won't work Paul, it's all good. :)

Cheers,
M.
Thats what they already are to an extent. I'll look into improving them more but I'm not going to make them I-WIN freighters and make all other freighters obsolete.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:30

paulwheeler wrote: Cos its rubbish!
Hear Hear!

It is pretty pants isn't it?

Scoob.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:31

Nick 031287 wrote:
i see the war is sitll going on but are they taking control of anything or just spawning battles?
I have built my own version of the war. The Terrans have a main task-force which will try to overrun all the sectors south of Heretics End. Its all in the main message you receive when starting as an Argon or Terran.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:31

Scoob wrote:
I set everything to "1" in TC, however this yeilded zero NPC bails in my first play through AP. I've got it set on "1" for my current game, I'll up it if nothing happen. Still, I like NPC bails to be very very rare & very badly damaged so I can play salvage & tow ships to a safe zone...

Scoob.

P.S. I'm not intentionally double-posting all the time, honest!
Lookie here; this is for all bail setting on 1.
[ external image ]
The colored sectors all have bailed ships in them - about 50% are Khaak scouts though, lol; for the most part its M5 and M4, couple TS usually in the Xenon sectors and rarely a M3, nothing bigger around atm.
Trust me, 1 is plenty at least for the small ships...

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:31

paulwheeler wrote:Thats what they already are to an extent. I'll look into improving them more but I'm not going to make them I-WIN freighters and make all other freighters obsolete.
That's why I proposed a price increase; TSs are one of the few ships that are actually significantly affected by their purchase price because it factors into their trade efficiency.

Sure, a TS+ is much less likely to be lost while on UT duty, but if it takes too long to make back its cost then the player is running at a loss.
Teladidrone wrote:Lookie here; this is for all bail setting on 1...
Decrease the time it takes for bailed ships to self-destruct.

You'll never run into a lot of those ships during normal gameplay, and if they're destroyed before you find them they may have well not bailed in the first place. :goner:
Last edited by A5PECT on Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:37, edited 5 times in total.

Olazabal

Post by Olazabal » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:32

I got a question concerning the Terran Nagoya. In exterior view it appear that I'm not able to zoom in as much as with other big ships. What would I need to change to make it happen?

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:35

paulwheeler wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:
I have built my own version of the war. The Terrans have a main task-force which will try to overrun all the sectors south of Heretics End. Its all in the main message you receive when starting as an Argon or Terran.
well i mean, say i help the terrans, will they keep pushing across the entire commonwealth if i help them win the battles? and eventually the entire galaxy be terran controled?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:35

Olazabal wrote:I got a question concerning the Terran Nagoya. In exterior view it appear that I'm not able to zoom in as much as with other big ships. What would I need to change to make it happen?
Thats due to the model not being centralised in the scene or having a non-central pivot position. It has to be fixed in modelling software.

I think I will be replacing that model with Expnobody's M2+ model in the next update anyway.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:37

KloHunt3r wrote: Decrease the time it takes for bailed ships to self-destruct.
Oh yeah I should have mentioned that part.
My time limit is set to 5 hours.

I want them to bail rarely but if they do I want them to stay a little while so that I might actually have a slight chance running into any of them...

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:37

Nick 031287 wrote:
paulwheeler wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:
well i mean, say i help the terrans, will they keep pushing across the entire commonwealth if i help them win the battles? and eventually the entire galaxy be terran controled?
They will only invade the Argon sectors south of Heretics End. But there are quite a few there to be getting on with...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”