[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

calvhugs
x3tc

Post by calvhugs » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 23:09

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Following BlackArchon's reply to your last 4K-question, the experience is not very good, unless you have "a really big monitor or TV". ;)
BlackArchon wrote:
calvhugs wrote:Has anyone tried this is 4K?
Yes, but you need a really big monitor or TV for this. X3 doesn't scale the UI elements, and so they are really, really tiny if you are on a standard 28" monitor or similar.
I have a 40 inch monitor so that should do the job :)

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 02:33

Kaunit wrote:Doesn't STO no longer work with XRM, due to its script checking for Trading Docks, while the purchaseable docks in XRM are all HQ-types, script-wise?
Sadly you need to place real HQs here. I also noticed that foreign stations get spawned in taken sectors even if the option is disabled.

Kaunit

Post by Kaunit » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 11:30

Oh well that's... a bummer. Is there anything else I can do to keep sectors safe from pirate spawns? I have a few drug producing stations in Pirate space, with a lot of freighters flying around. Even with an M7 and several M6, all working under SRS (Lucike's Script Collection) are not capable to stop this madness. Sure, they manage to kill off any pirate M3s easily, but as they keep respawning, they quite often manage to take down one or two freighters before my patrols can react.

calvhugs
x3tc

Post by calvhugs » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 16:13

Kaunit wrote:Oh well that's... a bummer. Is there anything else I can do to keep sectors safe from pirate spawns? I have a few drug producing stations in Pirate space, with a lot of freighters flying around. Even with an M7 and several M6, all working under SRS (Lucike's Script Collection) are not capable to stop this madness. Sure, they manage to kill off any pirate M3s easily, but as they keep respawning, they quite often manage to take down one or two freighters before my patrols can react.
Laser Towers? Orbital Platforms?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 18:39

Kaunit wrote:Doesn't STO no longer work with XRM, due to its script checking for Trading Docks, while the purchaseable docks in XRM are all HQ-types, script-wise?
I made a simple change to STO some time ago, changing the object class check from trading dock to normal "docks", and from what I remember it did work. I couldn't find the files, so I made the (hopefully right) changes again.

Download from mediafire.com

(The zip archive contains the current STO version 1.57 with 7 seven changed script files, which is why I incremented the version number to 1.58.)

I only had the chance to do a short test in vanilla X3TC. While it did work - building an Argon Equipment in an Unknown sector, the sector was mine after a few seconds -, I would suggest to make a backup of your savegames, before installing this version to an XRM installation.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kaunit

Post by Kaunit » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 18:50

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
I made a simple change to STO some time ago, changing the object class check from trading dock to normal "docks", and from what I remember it did work. I couldn't find the files, so I made the (hopefully right) changes again.

Download from mediafire.com

(The zip archive contains the current STO version 1.57 with 7 seven changed script files, which is why I incremented the version number to 1.58.)

I only had the chance to do a short test in vanilla X3TC. While it did work - building an Argon Equipment in an Unknown sector, the sector was mine after a few seconds -, I would suggest to make a backup of your savegames, before installing this version to an XRM installation.
Hey, thanks for this. Unfortunately, I can't try it out just yet (I'm not on my gaming rig for the next week) but I'll give you a report as soon as I tested it out.
calvhugs wrote:Laser Towers? Orbital Platforms?
Well, my problem is not firepower, but the fact that the Pirates usually evade my security forces long enough to do damage. Beside that, do Lasertowers and OWP even work OoS?

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Sat, 31. Oct 15, 06:56

calvhugs wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:Following BlackArchon's reply to your last 4K-question, the experience is not very good, unless you have "a really big monitor or TV". ;)
BlackArchon wrote:
calvhugs wrote:Has anyone tried this is 4K?
Yes, but you need a really big monitor or TV for this. X3 doesn't scale the UI elements, and so they are really, really tiny if you are on a standard 28" monitor or similar.
I have a 40 inch monitor so that should do the job :)
T.V. (via HDMI 1) or computer set? (E.g. Philips BDM4065UC)

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Mon, 2. Nov 15, 00:09

It looks like something's wrong with the background addon. It says "Network error" upon finishing the download. I tried several times and even tried copying the file to my own OneDrive - it fails each time.

Any chance for a re-upload?

Armyboy0894
x4

Post by Armyboy0894 » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 00:50

Maybe I did something wrong.

I downloaded AP off steam.
Made a new folder and copied the contents. I installed XRM.

Whenever I start a new "Terran Defender" the time activated first quest will not happen. I wait for ages and nothing happens.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 02:12

sysryn wrote:It looks like something's wrong with the background addon. It says "Network error" upon finishing the download. I tried several times and even tried copying the file to my own OneDrive - it fails each time.

Try it on this link:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6E013F2CF ... D8&group=0

Hope that helps.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 08:33

Armyboy0894 wrote:Maybe I did something wrong.

Whenever I start a new "Terran Defender" the time activated first quest will not happen. I wait for ages and nothing happens.
I believe you need to be at a certain rank for it to start.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 08:35

sysryn wrote:It looks like something's wrong with the background addon. It says "Network error" upon finishing the download. I tried several times and even tried copying the file to my own OneDrive - it fails each time.

Its working ok for me…. Anyone else having this problem?

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Wed, 4. Nov 15, 10:20

Hello
Armyboy0894 wrote:Maybe I did something wrong.

Plot requirements:
:arrow: Started has an Terran Commander or Aldrin Adventurer,
:arrow: fight rank of Professional (or higher),
:arrow: Terran rank of Local Councillor (or higher),

lucjon66
x3ap

Post by lucjon66 » Thu, 5. Nov 15, 21:07

Question, is there away to use just the map to add just the sectors with out the overhaul. I love XRM but sometimes don't want to play with all the other stuff it brings with it. Thank you for your time.

Camkojo
x3ap

Post by Camkojo » Mon, 9. Nov 15, 17:31

I have a problem. I believe I've downloaded the mod and installed it correctly (having done it successfully on other computers), but whenever I load a new game the new ships aren't available and the universe is plagued by a ridiculous amount of Mammoths - every sector seems to have at least 2/3 Mammoths of a massive variety of races. If anyone has any solutions or experienced similar problems please reply.

Thanks
Camkojo

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 9. Nov 15, 17:38

Problems with seeing lots of Argon Mammoths always make a problem with the installation likely. Mammoths are created if the game cannot find the correct ship entry in the TShips file. So instead of civilian and other job ships you will see lots of Mammoths flying around. That is why I would suggest to start with a clean installation again, making sure it hasn't been modified before, especially not by other ship mods. The download the mod files again to ensure that there weren't any problems with the download before. After install the game following the installation guide from the first page.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Camkojo
x3ap

Post by Camkojo » Mon, 9. Nov 15, 17:41

So for a steam installation, would simply 'deleting local content' for both x3ap and x3tc suffice?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 9. Nov 15, 17:48

I think you would also have to delete the game folder manually and check the Virtual Store for any remaining files afterwards.

In any way, it's always a good idea to not mod the game in the Steam folder directly, but to create a second installation using the NoSteam.exe instead.

jbrookins3
x3tc

Post by jbrookins3 » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 01:13

is commercial agent compatible?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 17:23

It is compatible - all of the Bonus Pack scripts are working.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”