[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 13:39

Thanks, looks interesting. I hope it's compatible with XRM.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 13:57

It is - I'm using it myself. Why should I suggest it otherwise? :)

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 21:38

Yes, it's great :) Just tested.

But I think that not all ships are on that list. For sure several ATF are missing. But anyway it's very usefull.

BTW Restarted game with Advanced Universe Pack anyway. Screw Hub Plot :D It's much more interesting if you can't jump anywhere you want. Now is a lot of thinking where to build factories, where to send patrols and many more issues to handle.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 22:06

rmazurek wrote:Yes, it's great :) Just tested.

But I think that not all ships are on that list. For sure several ATF are missing. But anyway it's very usefull.

There are two reasons for that:
1. You aren't using the latest script version of 1.2.1. The first version 1.0 had a bug which prevented all ATF ships from appearing in the ship browser.
2. If you haven't set the "Spoiler mode" in the script, it will show you only ships you have already seen in your game.

coldcell
x3ap

Post by coldcell » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 04:50

Hello,

I'm playing X3:AP with XRM and wondering how to start the PHQ plot. A guide says to finish the Albion plot, but isn't it disabled in XRM?

Basically I'm at lost on how to advance in X3:AP XRM without grinding doing the random NPC missions. My starting scenario is ATF Veteran.

Thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 11:50

Both PHQ plots are in XRM. To start the Terran PHQ plot (Operation Loose Ends), you have to dock at a USC station in 'The Moon' in the east of the sector - and you must have enough reputation with the Terrans.
The Commonwealth PHQ plot can be started at the NMMC headquarters.

Basically the prerequisites for starting the plots haven't changed compared to AP vanilla.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 19:38

BlackArchon wrote:
rmazurek wrote:Yes, it's great :) Just tested.

There are two reasons for that:
1. You aren't using the latest script version of 1.2.1. The first version 1.0 had a bug which prevented all ATF ships from appearing in the ship browser.
2. If you haven't set the "Spoiler mode" in the script, it will show you only ships you have already seen in your game.

ad 1. For TC there is 1 download I have found and it is called Final Version for TC. Maybe it is not the latest version but another are labeled to be for AP.

ad 2. I have all terran sectors discovered with satellites and have already several ATF ships.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 19:47

Oh, you're using TC? Then there are no other options - the script author of the ship browser script hasn't updated the old TC version. This explains your problem.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 05:25

I guess so. Well, I handle it anyway.

BTW Sorry if it was explained but have no time to search almost 2000 pages... Where is description of Otas HQ? How is it different then Headquarters from the plot?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 18:03

I'm not sure what do you mean exactly. The OTAS HQ is a NPC station located in Legend's Home, while the PHQs (Commonwealth and Terran) can be obtained by completing their quests.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 18:53

I mean what are differencess between this 2 station types. Is it different cargo space, different abilities? For example, HQ from the plot is kind of shipyard, you can buy blueprints and produce ships. Does OTAS HQ has the same ability?

Asking because not sure if it is worth buying.

(If there is no description - no problem, I can create one with cheats and check what it is exactly)

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 3. Dec 15, 19:36

Hello
rmazurek wrote:(...) Does OTAS HQ(...)

Asking because not sure if it is worth buying.
(...))
Q: Where you can buy OTAS HQ?

You can get corporate HQ only doing one of the plot. HQ from the plot is one big storage
If you install "Enhanced Equipment Docks" you can buy few OTAS stations, but not HQ.
Vanilla buy able type HQ is only:
:arrow: Headquarters
:arrow: Orbital Headquarters (a.k.a Terran Headqurters) and
:arrow: Asteroid Base

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 4. Dec 15, 05:05

OK, maybe it is from another mod.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 05:58

And the "Orbital Shipyard" offered by Teladi and Argons ( which is much more efficient then the "HQ" due to shortened build times, and reduced costs for ships! ).
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 05:59

sorry, doublepost...
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 10:10

There are several "HQs" available for purchase in the xrm (indeed, equipment docks and trading stations are actually HQs in the xrm). The actual Otas HQ is not for sale. There is a compatible mod which adds Otas stations for sale - Enhanced Equipment Docks.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 21:37

Paul, I gotta ask you something. What kind of name does a custom script needs so that it will be automatically run once only on a "start new game"(any game start) without enable the script editor?

I just start learning scripting after all these years play X3. I made some custom ships. And my first script will spawn a shipyard in a sector, then add all my custom ships into it, so that I don't need to painfully add them(I've got quite a few ships mixed XRM) through the cheat script everytime I start a new game.

Or should I make my script spawn the shipyard everytime I load my save?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 13:49

If your game is already set to modified, which is the case when you're using the XRM, then any "init.", "al." and "setup." script will run on every gamestart / game load (in that order). Setup scripts are the preferred method of initialising/starting your own script. Beware though that all setup scripts are executed after each other, so you shouldn't include long waits. If your setup script is rather complex, it is better to split it up into a basic script just loading text ids, registering commands or hotkeys (whatever is needed) and calling a second script, which does the rest of the work.
Spectre01 wrote:Or should I make my script spawn the shipyard everytime I load my save?
You should spawn the shipyard and add the ships once.
Then on further gamestarts, you check wether the shipyard is still there. If it is, you do nothing. If it isn't, you re-create the shipyard and add the ships again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 18:08

X2-Illuminatus wrote: You should spawn the shipyard and add the ships once.
Then on further gamestarts, you check wether the shipyard is still there. If it is, you do nothing. If it isn't, you re-create the shipyard and add the ships again.
Thanks for the pointer! I haven't thought like that before.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 8. Dec 15, 22:53

Yep that's the way. Then if the shipyard gets destroyed it will respawn.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”