[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 00:18

On the xrm page it says you should run plugin menager before running xrm to properly install wares, so basically you should do it.

Anyways install mod manually -> run plugin menager -> close it -> check in your x3tc-addon->types for TWareT.pck if its there then youre ready-> run your game, for first time it will hang awhile no longer than 30 secs depends on your system, after that start playing.

Aumurauth
x3ap

Post by Aumurauth » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 00:29

NighTragE wrote:
Is this the correct program?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 00:45

Yes, that's the one.

Aumurauth
x3ap

Post by Aumurauth » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 01:21

Thank you guys soooooo much <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

That is exactly what I missed.

Here's where the discrepancy was in the instructions for future reference:

"I do not recommend using the Plugin Manager to install the XRM..."

and

"...you must open and close the Plugin Manager (if installed).." - This makes it sound optional, hence me missing the step.

Again, thank you guys very very much!

Aumurauth
x3ap

Post by Aumurauth » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 01:28

One last question, do you guys have any tips for not making my wing man a suicidal maniac? The crazy flying in circles was fixed by the Plugin Manager but I just docked with him following and he ran right into the station and died XD

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 03:34

There's a mod called "bounce"(somewhere in that sticked community mod list thread) that "bounces" your fighters away when they collide with something, might look a bit weird but totally worth it since it reduce fighter collision death down to 0. Very useful if you have your own carrier. It works only when you are In the same sector with fighters under your control.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 03:45

Only needs to work in sector. There is no collision OOS :D
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

BlackArchon
xr

Re: Read Text Error?

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 11:11

Aumurauth wrote:I just began playing X3:AP, set up XRM (nothing else) I hop into the Humble Merchant to start, I'm watching a guide that takes you through playing as the Humble Merchant to start. I go to sell the Mercury for 100,000 as the guy does in the video, but mine sells for 3,000,000 credits. I think something is wrong here............
Willfe's Humble Merchant guide on Youtube is based on X3:AP, not on XRM. The ship prices and the equipment prices differ.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Mon, 21. Dec 15, 21:54

BlackArchon wrote:
Aumurauth wrote:I just began playing X3:AP, set up XRM (nothing else) I hop into the Humble Merchant to start, I'm watching a guide that takes you through playing as the Humble Merchant to start. I go to sell the Mercury for 100,000 as the guy does in the video, but mine sells for 3,000,000 credits. I think something is wrong here............
Willfe's Humble Merchant guide on Youtube is based on X3:AP, not on XRM. The ship prices and the equipment prices differ.
Can't remember... Does the Humble Merchant ship start with a jump drive? They're like 5x the price that they are in vanilla AP. :D
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

grayx

Post by grayx » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 09:43

Hi lads and gents.
I was thinking to give this mod another try, but I see it's still 1.30d...

Is there any hope for some new version any time soon? Is Paul still with us and active?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 11:37

paulwheeler is still around, albeit not so often as he used to be. I think this post was his last comment on a new update.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 20:40

I'm still here. Just not getting any time to finish off the final update. I do still intend on one final Update, but I have no eta.

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 19:29

i'm glad i took the time to install this just for it to crash, 10/10

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 21:05

meppo wrote:i'm glad i took the time to install this just for it to crash, 10/10
TC or AP? If you're playing AP, a common mistake is to install the mod in the base TC directory instead of /addon/. This will cause a crash 100% of the time at the startup screen.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 23:51

meppo wrote:i'm glad i took the time to install this just for it to crash, 10/10
How about you read accually install instructions and description itself...

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Sun, 27. Dec 15, 16:36

Hi guys, i have been playing x3 ap for years and just decided to install XRM, i did the instalation just like the guide and it seems its works, but i think something in my game its wrong, for example, xenon sectors are almost deserts, only some stations and no one ships... It is possible that my game isnt patched at all?

I have the 3.1 version for AP and 1.3 version for XRM

Thanks for the help, im a bit noob in this forum

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 27. Dec 15, 19:11

Hello
Lucassl wrote:Hi guys, i have been playing x3 ap for years and just decided to install XRM, I did the installation just like the guide and it seems its works, but I think something in my game its wrong(...)
Have you copied scripts from "scripts_AP" to "scripts"? Or copied entire folder, it's the most common error doing intallation.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 00:16

Viliae wrote:Hello
Lucassl wrote:Hi guys, i have been playing x3 ap for years and just decided to install XRM, I did the installation just like the guide and it seems its works, but I think something in my game its wrong(...)
Have you copied scripts from "scripts_AP" to "scripts"? Or copied entire folder, it's the most common error doing intallation.
Yes, i installed the 3 XRM parts and LOWHULL just like the guide, i dont use any mod except XRM and my installation of x3AP is clean, i deleted all my x3ap folders and then install with steam, then copy the entire x3ap folder to install XRM. Most of features of XRM are running, but i noticed that there are very very few capital and defense ships in the entire galaxy and the xenon sectors (dont know if khaak sectors too because i didnt travel to there yet) are empty of ships, and features like "WEAPONS DEALERS " "EXCLUSIVE FULL-FEATURED BOUNTY SYSTEM" or "RACE MILITARY INTELLIGENCE NETWORK" for example dont run properly.

Thanks for the help :?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 11:03

That is definitely caused by missing scripts. Recopy everything from Scripts_ap into the addon\scripts folder. You will need to restart you game.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 13:57

Thanks for the help, finally i installed correctly the patch :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”