[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bobwat

Cannot do Final Fury last mission!!!

Post by bobwat » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 16:49

Hi all, pretty new here but I would just like to ask about the x3tc final fury plot final mission with the xrm.

I have tried many times, with different ships and loadouts but cannot seem to get through this mission whatever I try.

I play as Terran, my combat ranking is instructor. I have so far used my trusty Ageir...which keeps me alive for a few minutes...carrying a couple of hundred Wraiths. I have also tried some bigger ships with psp's and 6x2Gb sheilding...I usually die within a few minutes!

My tactics, especially in the Ageir, have been to run away from the capital ships whilst I kill all the fighters and Corvetes...when I have enough distance I then go for the Guardians...However, my missiles rarely reach the target and they blast me out of space at a range of 10+Km before I can get close enough to use my guns.

Any help on getting through this scenario would be most helpful thanks.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 21:54

I've never played FF with XRM (I play AP), but I recall it being pretty vicious at the end mission. Must be hell with XRM.

My favourite for swatting swarms of M5s/M4s has always been the PALC, but you could use the Starburst... Palc is faster firing tough, and pretty much always hits on target, so it does an excellent job at taking out flocks of missiles, which is usually what kills me in most circumstances.

As for reaching the caps with your missiles, try spamming from a couple M7ms while using cap ship guns at the same time from an M2 or heavy M7. You can also throw copious amounts of TAUs to take out the dangerous ships. They can't shoot them ALL down.

Either way, I don't envy anyone attempting FF with XRM :s
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

bobwat

Post by bobwat » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 11:28

Think It's time to give up....just fired off 50 Tau + 40 Wraith at a Khaak destroyer that was hunting me down....then turned to engage it with 8 psp's whilst it was busy with the missile barrage....I died before I got two rounds off...damage to him...one point off his shields !!! maybe the 'balance' isn't quite right lol.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 11:31

If you don't use any other scripts and mods, you could upload your savegame. That way someone else playing the XRM would be able to have a look and play the mission for you.

Alternatively, installing Cycrow's Cheatpackage and cheating your way through the mission would be an alternative.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bobwat

Post by bobwat » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 11:38

oh right...didn't know that thanks...the only other mod is the MARS stuff. Don't fancy cheating though :wink:

What would I need to do to upload please...(I am new here so pretty lost at the moment lol)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 5. Jan 16, 14:56

bobwat wrote:Think It's time to give up....just fired off 50 Tau + 40 Wraith at a Khaak destroyer that was hunting me down....then turned to engage it with 8 psp's whilst it was busy with the missile barrage....I died before I got two rounds off...damage to him...one point off his shields !!! maybe the 'balance' isn't quite right lol.
Khaak are strong in XRM, but 8 PSP's isnt enough because they got pretty lame fire rate, what i suggest is get either bragi or try to capture any Xenon destroyer with System Override Software, you'll need at least 100-200 EC (energy cells) and hackerchips, every big ship has blind spot's when you get close to 2-1km below them so bring m2+ destroyer with 12-14 gj shields and voila, it takes abit time 10-30 mins depends on your luck.

If you dont wanna do this get M2+ from ATF equip it with PSP, Fusion Beam Cannons and MAML or any laser you got available. Move close to firing range start shooting. THe Gamma Kyon Emmiter's have slower fire rate but problem is they do quite alot of dmg, tank abit dmg until you get close, wait destroyer to fire his first volley of Gamma's then launch the missiles :), shoot it down, tank dmg, fire missiles and repeat until its pile of scrap metal or organics whatever they are.

PS you could capture destroyer its pretty fun to have them in your sector as defence :P.

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 07:50

Is there anywhere I can buy repair lasers in XRM?

Sorry if this has been asked before (and I'm sure it has) but I can't figure out the search functions in this forum for the life of me.
Someone please make a transaction history mod. Please. (I'm begging you.)

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 10:17

Hello

No there is no place to buy repair laser, although you can buy OTAS repair pods (they require "Quantum Tubes" as ammo) - this is the reason why Paul add ship command "repair ship". The other reason why most of the ships have place for "repair laser" is limited place holders for weapons.

You can install Graxster's script for repair laser fab or/and DrBullwinkles Abandon Ship Spawner (some ships are spawn with repair laser aboard).

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 13:47

JDCollie wrote:Is there anywhere I can buy repair lasers in XRM?

Sorry if this has been asked before (and I'm sure it has) but I can't figure out the search functions in this forum for the life of me.
No. But you dont really need them just pump your argon notoriety to 4-6 i bellieve go to Legends Home and buy Repair Drones from OTAS shipyard.

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Wed, 13. Jan 16, 23:53

Okay, thanks for the responses :D

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 19:10

Second question: is there a mirror for the. XRM ship stats? The link in the original post goes to the page listing all of the available ship stats for different hull packs, but those links appear broken. :(

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 02:35

Not sure if this is XRM or IR, so I'll ask both....

Wat...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ye6alxq0khx7 ... adness.jpg
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 14:00

Looks like both.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 14:49

NighTragE wrote:Looks like both.
I probably should have elaborated... anyone know what is causing this? There are models spawning all over the place for these "point jumps".

Some of them are.... you guessed, mammoths. I DO NOT have any issues with mammoths spawning anywhere else in the game, everything is working fine. Turning off point-to-point jumps in improved Kha'ak solves it, but then they can't p2p jump...

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 07:25

BlackArchon wrote:You can also use an XRM stats page I made: http://blubb.najut.org/x3/
You sexy sexy person, thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 18:39

JDCollie wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:You can also use an XRM stats page I made: http://blubb.najut.org/x3/
You sexy sexy person, thanks!
I know, I know. ;)

jasii100
x4

Post by jasii100 » Sun, 24. Jan 16, 15:06

I imagine this question has already been answered somewhere, but after several hours of searching, I can't find it.

I cannot figure out how to get the Military Intelligence Network working. I don't see any way to "bind a hotkey". I have started looking at the basic mod scripting information/tutorials and imagine I could do it that way, but I can't help but wonder if I'm missing something. It is spoken about like it is a straightforward easy thing to do, but I can't find the "easy" button.

Any advice would be appreciated.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 21:19

If you're not seeing the option to add the hotkey for the network, then its likely that the scripts aren't installed correctly. Double check the install instructions, specifically the bit about copying the scripts from the scripts_ap folder into the addon/scripts folder.

You'll need to restart your game if this is the problem as there will be other things wrong.

jasii100
x4

Post by jasii100 » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 03:46

Thanks for the response Paul. It turns out I just wasn't looking in the right place for the option. It was there, I just wasn't seeing it.

On a somewhat related note - would anyone care to chime in on this question?

I want to run XRM with CODEA and MARS (and a few other mods that I'm not as concerned about). I installed XRM and then CODEA. I noticed when unzipping CODEA that it replaced some newer version files. I have started a new game to test things out and so far haven't noticed anything strange - but I'm wondering if it would be better to install CODEA and MARS first, and then XRM.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”