[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GamerHazzard
x3tc

Post by GamerHazzard » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 16:51

Beam weapons...

Dear god, which lines do I have to delete in order to get rid of them and their cartoon effect.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 23:35

GamerHazzard wrote:Beam weapons...

Dear god, which lines do I have to delete in order to get rid of them and their cartoon effect.
Open tbullet in x editor, find all the beam weapons, uncheck "beam" under Bullet data.

xapoc

Few questions regarding XRM / TC

Post by xapoc » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 23:43

Started playing X3 TC, already have 499 hours into X3 AP, but haven't played it for a year, what I want to confirm is

I installed XRM and also the steam X3 TC bonus package, I don't see any major issues, already about 14+ hours into the game, so I guess they are compatible right?

( had 2 CTD's since the start ) I guess its just unrelated. All thou one CTD occurred when I accepted station defense mission. Perhaps something spawned and I ctd right after accepting mission.

Next question is, are there any abandoned ships in XRM, along with hidden supplies and such scattered around different sectors worth exploring?

Did XRM improve the texture resolution to planets and universe?
If not can you recommend any mod that does that.

Any mods that help with blurry text when playing at 1440p?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 00:35

Spectre01 wrote:
GamerHazzard wrote:Beam weapons...

Open tbullet in x editor, find all the beam weapons, uncheck "beam" under Bullet data.
Yes but he should also edit cat files to change how weapons work...

GamerHazzard
x3tc

Post by GamerHazzard » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 11:56

Any chances that you could explain that a bit further?

All I want is to remove the beams from being added to ships (kha'ak excluded). The beams make larger ships too accurate compared to the base game for my taste.

I also don't mind that the lasertowers make use of the new beams.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 12:47

I'm just curious, is setting a universe trader in this mod impossible or has something gone horribly wrong with my game? I can set up sector traders, but the universe trader command is always greyed out. Kind of makes trading impossible.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 12:48

Your trader has to reach level 8, before he can work as a universe trader.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 14:16

I see. Are my own ships supposed to be paying for goods at my own factories? I don't recall if this happened in vanilla, I never got very far. If so, that makes no sense. If not, them something is definitely wrong here.

Lucassl
x4

breaking grounds

Post by Lucassl » Tue, 16. Feb 16, 17:24

hi guys, i just ended the "breaking grounds" plot and some character talks me about move my HQ to my new sector, but the message was bug and was like <textnotfoundblablabla> and dont know how to do it, any suggest?

Terranigma
x3tc

Post by Terranigma » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 00:20

Hi,
at first: Great Mod!

Shortly after i finished the terran plot for which i got the hq and the xenon hub i was offered the commonwealth hub plot. They removed the hub from my control and it began.

I completed the missions easily until i am supposed to connect the hub to zyarth's stand. I do connect it to the north gate (between zyarth and twisted skies) but the game does not recognize it. Also tried to connect it through the west gate but again with no results. I used the third and first links respectively.

Am i missing something? is it a bug? is there a workaround?
I'm just using XRM, nothing else.

thx
"Es gibt zwei Dinge, die unendlich sind, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber beim Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher " ( Albert Einstein )

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 23:08

Just a little question: does anyone know if there is a functional player owned shipyard mod/script for XRM? I'm a little hesitant to try and mod it in myself lest I break things even more, yet I also can't seem to find anything available which does this. Would it just mess up the balance too much?

xapoc

Post by xapoc » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 03:51

XRM - why NPC TL supply ships have no jump drives?

was this intentionally removed? each ship I send to ship yard would just turtle its way across universe and get blown to pieces :(

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 04:38

xapoc wrote:XRM - why NPC TL supply ships have no jump drives?

was this intentionally removed? each ship I send to ship yard would just turtle its way across universe and get blown to pieces :(
Do you mean the NPC TL that you can hire?

Those thing doesn't have Jump Drive even in vanilla X3.

xapoc

Post by xapoc » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 06:05

really? wow, not sure why I thought they would

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 23:16

RoflCopter4 wrote:Just a little question: does anyone know if there is a functional player owned shipyard mod/script for XRM? I'm a little hesitant to try and mod it in myself lest I break things even more, yet I also can't seem to find anything available which does this. Would it just mess up the balance too much?
Unless paulwheeler has changed things since I last played XRM there are already shipyards for sale, and if I remember correctly they work pretty much like NPC shipyards do.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Wed, 24. Feb 16, 00:33

Zaitsev wrote:
RoflCopter4 wrote:Just a little question: does anyone know if there is a functional player owned shipyard mod/script for XRM? I'm a little hesitant to try and mod it in myself lest I break things even more, yet I also can't seem to find anything available which does this. Would it just mess up the balance too much?
Unless paulwheeler has changed things since I last played XRM there are already shipyards for sale, and if I remember correctly they work pretty much like NPC shipyards do.
I haven't been able to find any. Even using the cheat to explore the whole map and reveal the whole encyclopedia confirms that shipyards cannot be bought anywhere.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 09:51

They are definitely there. But they show up as HQs rather than shipyards.

cikulisu

Post by cikulisu » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 16:09

coming back to the game after a long absence. unfortunately what little skill at this sort of thing evaporated awhile ago. anyway, long story short my sound doesn't work at all.

the subtitles show up but i haven't heard anyone speak in an hour. this includes station docking systems, traders, people i'm shooting at etc.

it seemed to work briefly. when i launched the game for the first time it was talking in the sound settings on the voice volume setting, but after i've restarted the game a few times it no longer does, along with everything else.

did i do it wrong?

xapoc

Post by xapoc » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 19:51

Looking for ship stats, missiles and weapons chars.
working links would be appreciated!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”