[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 08:04

Just to kind of try and calm the waters… I designed the xrm primarily for me. It's aimed at the seasoned x gamer, whose done with the vanilla game and wants something different, with more of a challenge, with a more of an x2 feel (I always found the atmosphere of x3 a little bland compared to x2). Combat is meant to be hard and risky.

If it makes you that angry…. Perhaps stop playing it? Maybe try a different mod?

It's not like you paid for it or anything.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 08:25

paulwheeler wrote:Just to kind of try and calm the waters… I designed the xrm primarily for me. It's aimed at the seasoned x gamer, whose done with the vanilla game and wants something different, with more of a challenge, with a more of an x2 feel (I always found the atmosphere of x3 a little bland compared to x2). Combat is meant to be hard and risky.
I've got a question for you, though; would you mind terribly if someone {I, generally} built on it, tweaking {sloppily} or changing elements {badly} outright as an unofficial spinoff of the original mod?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 17:53

Am I missing something, or are the download links broken?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sun, 1. May 16, 02:03

Quinch wrote:I've got a question for you, though; would you mind terribly if someone {I, generally} built on it, tweaking {sloppily} or changing elements {badly} outright as an unofficial spinoff of the original mod?
Please do, i would love to see further development of this mod after these few years!

Zats

Post by Zats » Mon, 2. May 16, 16:04

Sirrobert wrote:Am I missing something, or are the download links broken?
Confirmed, download link doesn't link to a file. OP, can you fix?
Really fancy fighting the Kha'ak in AP.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Tue, 3. May 16, 13:19

Rothank wrote:
Quinch wrote:I've got a question for you, though; would you mind terribly if someone {I, generally} built on it, tweaking {sloppily} or changing elements {badly} outright as an unofficial spinoff of the original mod?
Please do, i would love to see further development of this mod after these few years!
I fully agree!

Last couple of weeks I've been trying (with zero success) to enjoy playing X:R (with all the Egosoft extensions).
Its nearly inconceivable to me that the same company that developed X2 and X3 would fumble, so badly, with X:R.

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Thu, 5. May 16, 03:55

Links are all dead now... :(
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 5. May 16, 08:05

Apologies, I'll sort out whats going on with the links as soon as I can. Hopefully have it sorted in the next couple of hours.

Edit - I've checked my onedrive from my phone and all the files are still there and shared… I'll have to recreate the links I guess. I'll sort it as soon I get to a PC.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 5. May 16, 10:17

Links are sort of back up.

OneDrive have changed the way they link to shared files - thats why they went down (thanks for warning me Microsoft...)

Unfortunately the new links are not natively supported by this forum, so I have had to put the links into code tags.

Please copy and paste them into your browser address bar.

Apologies for the downtime and the inconvenient new links - Microsoft's fault.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. May 16, 10:25

paulwheeler wrote:Unfortunately the new links are not natively supported by this forum, so I have had to put the links into code tags.
The forum software doesn't like certain "reserved" characters in urls. See also this FAQ article for reference. If you replace the exclamation marks with the respective percent code %21 the forum will recognize the links correctly.

Part 1:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6 ... file%2czip

Part 2:

Part 3:
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 5. May 16, 17:14

Excellent - thanks. I'll update the links as soon as I can.

EDIT - all links are now back to normal (I hope)

</drama>

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sun, 8. May 16, 19:51

Quinch wrote:Gotcha. Now, a slightly different question - are there any mods to this mod?
I made a mod-compilation for this mod a while back:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4582477

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 19:33

Hi

As soon as I install XRM, the argon peacekeeper plot doesn't start.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 20:12

A few years ago I played AP with XRM and IEX and a tons of other mods. That was the best game of X3 I ever played, and I wouldn't dare play again without XRM. So I really need help with this.

For now I installed the game twice for the same result; no plot for the argon peacekeeper start.

Here's my install order:
X3AP patched to 3.1 and Bonus pack 5.1
test (save reload a new thereshallbewings game)
Plugin manager, modified.
Cycrow, anarkis, ecs and json libraries.
test (the plot starts).
IE 1.1
IEX 1.5b
XRM latest
XRMHULLMID
XRMDOCKINGWARESIZE
XRMI 1.30.5a
test (plot won't start)

I thought maybe I dropped something at the wrong place, so I re-installed everything with great care, for the same end result.

I'll wait for some help because I won't play X3 without this mod.

P.S. I do start and close the Plugin manager before starting X3.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 21:05

Ooops, I've spent an hour searching everywhere only to spot the yellow warning at the top of this thread.

So, from my understanding, everything is fine.

But

When I start a new game, i remember that (TPC) would mark those starts with the terran plot complete, the problem is that there is no (TPC) on any start.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 15. May 16, 08:51

The TPC starts were for the TC version of the XRM.

If you're not seeing the Argon main plot, and the universe looks XRMed, I'd say it's working correctly.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sun, 15. May 16, 12:03

ASSTEROIDS wrote:A few years ago I played AP with XRM and IEX and a tons of other mods. That was the best game of X3 I ever played
You should try the mod-compilation I linked to above your post. It contains most of the mods you listed.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:35

Yes
That's the direction my installation is going, i'll download your pack just to have it, for now, since i'm quite advanced in mine.

The last post on the tread is 2008, so is your pack updated?

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:37

paulwheeler wrote:The TPC starts were for the TC version of the XRM.

If you're not seeing the Argon main plot, and the universe looks XRMed, I'd say it's working correctly.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”