[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Mon, 16. May 16, 11:47

ASSTEROIDS wrote:Yes
That's the direction my installation is going, i'll download your pack just to have it, for now, since i'm quite advanced in mine.

The last post on the tread is 2008, so is your pack updated?
Which post do you mean? I made the compilation this year.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Mon, 16. May 16, 11:50

Sorry, my mistake.

Kaunit

Post by Kaunit » Thu, 19. May 16, 15:01

So, I've got a question for my fellow XRM users:

What are good pirate/criminal activities one can do in the mod? I really want to play a kind of criminal syndicate/pirate clan, but I'm all out of ideas how such an organization would make money.

Of course, there are a few illicite ways to make some bucks. The most obvious choice is producing and selling drugs, which I do. However, as I try to only sell drugs to pirate bases (otherwise I'd constantly increase my reputation with my enemies) I can only build so many stations before the demand is completely satisfied.

Another way I came up with is doing 'smuggler's runs' for the pirate economy. Basically, this means that I set up a few CLS2 traders that buy wares from pirate stations and sell them to other pirate stations. I do make some credits with this setup, but even though the pirate economy is really small, I have a hard time finding places to sell their end-products. Even thought there are just a few factories that produce the pirate weapons (IBL and PBG), once they have a constant supply of resources they produce much more weapons than the few docks that buy them can stock - so in the end, I sit on a pile of pirate weapon with noway to sell them too.

Of course, I can also try to build up a mercenary company, thanks to the Police licenses and the SRS, but that means I get near constant notifications for bounties :(

Lastly, I can go capping/boarding ships, but unfortunately, this is something I can only do as a player, but I'm specifically looking for a way to make money automatically. Is there any script that allows you to set up raiding parties or something?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 19. May 16, 16:24

I get that you don't want to befriend any races, but it's not that far of the work with the Teladi

As for drugs, remember that NPCs will come to you to buy them. There's constant need for them that way
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 20. May 16, 12:25

Soo, any plans for an update of XRM? :D

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 25. May 16, 00:00

Plans, yes. Time to actually finish it, unfortunately not at the moment.

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Wed, 1. Jun 16, 00:09

If I use the following pack, is the main Argon plot available again while using XRM?

Thanks in advance.

paulwheeler wrote:

No Argon/Terran War Pack
Updated 28.11.12
Albion Prelude Only

XRM No War Pack v1.00

This pack gives you the ability to turn off the Argon/Terran war in Albion Prelude. It sets the Argon - Terran relations to neutral and removes all war incursion ships.

This pack can only be used on a new game start - old games saves cannot be altered.

Simply drop the file into your "scripts" folder and start a new game.

[...]
I'm afraid of reading spoilers so I'm afraid of researching about it so sorry about the question but: in vanilla AP are relations between Argon and Terran neutral or at war at the start of the game?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 1. Jun 16, 01:43

The Argon and Terrans are at war from the start, in both Vanilla and this mod.

In Vanilla, there's a plot waaay down the line that lets you broker a peace, but in XRM the war is just nonstop
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Wed, 1. Jun 16, 03:11

Sirrobert wrote:The Argon and Terrans are at war from the start, in both Vanilla and this mod.

In Vanilla, there's a plot waaay down the line that lets you broker a peace, but in XRM the war is just nonstop
Thank you very much for the answer. All clear now.

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Wed, 1. Jun 16, 14:09

I have another question (I apologize for being heavy :p).

XRM seems to work fine to me, no signs of errors (no "no text" messages). I installed it with the background mod and Pure HUD Mod v4. Beautiful! I like it more than Rebirth lol

The only problem I have with XRM (even if I install it without anyother mod) is with one of its scripts called "Lib.Gen.EquipShip.xml" (205KB) which makes the game crash when I load a new game (it just never finishes loading and the game freezes and I have to close it).

I took my time to finally see which .xml was causing the problem, so I moved all the scripts from "scripts_AP" to "addon\scripts" as described by the author paulwheeler, with the exception of "Lib.Gen.EquipShip.xml". This way the game loads and XRM seems to work fine with all the other scripts.

If it wasn't because it's relatively heavy (205kb) I wouldn't worry but is it too bad if I just don't install that script? Is there something I can do to fix this crash caused by "Lib.Gen.EquipShip.xml"?

I don't know much about modding but the .xml seems to be about commands related to equipment but I'm not sure. It's gibberish language to me.

Just in case it helps, the script starts as this:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="x2script.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<script>
<name>Lib.Gen.EquipShip</name>
<version>12</version>
<engineversion>52</engineversion>
<description>Lib Gen: Custom Weapon Priorities Equipper</description>
<arguments>
<argument index="1" name="LaserRank" type="Var/Number" desc="Laser rank" />
<argument index="2" name="ShieldRank" type="Var/Number" desc="Shield rank" />
<argument index="3" name="TuningRank" type="Var/Number" desc="Tuning rank" />
<argument index="4" name="MissileRank" type="Var/Number" desc="Missile rank" />
<argument index="5" name="Ship" type="Var/Ship" desc="Ship" />
<argument index="6" name="SkipDefaultWares" type="Var/Boolean" desc="Skip default wares" />
</arguments>
<sourceplaintext>
<![CDATA[
$Key.CustomWeaponPriorities = 'LitQB.CustomWeaponPriorities'
$LaserPriorities = get global variable: name=$Key.CustomWeaponPriorities

skip if $CustomWeaponPriorities
@ = [THIS] -> call script setup.CWP :

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 14:04

Hello
AdánPasos wrote:I have another question (I apologize for being heavy :p).

(...)
The only problem I have with XRM (even if I install it without anyother mod) is with one of its scripts called "Lib.Gen.EquipShip.xml" (205KB) which makes the game crash when I load a new game (it just never finishes loading and the game freezes and I have to close it). (...)
First run (new game) can take a lot of time, just wait.
paulwheeler wrote:- There will be a pause for a minute or two at the start of a new game. This is the scripts allocating weapons to all the initially created jobs. This pause only happens at the very start of a new game.

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 12:12

Viliae wrote:Hello

First run (new game) can take a lot of time, just wait.
lol

You were right. I thought that part didn't matter with today's computers but I went to the WC while it was loading and it finally did it when I returned.

All the time spent on trying to find the .xml causing the problem and all I needed was waiting a bit...

The mod looks awesome, it's so shiny, I can see lights flickering of ships flying in the distance, and the stars look awesome. I feel the universe is... "filled".

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 09:24

I have played hundreds and hundreds of hours in xrm but i still have some questions.
it is possible to travel khaak sectors? i have read that you can buy the coords to merchants, but i have never seen it, im in kinda high end game and xenon sectors are no longer hard to clean

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 12:06

You can buy coordinates of the three Khaak sectors from vendors. Have a look at the trading stations next to former Khaak sectors.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 12:58

thanks for the advice, but what sectors are next to former khaak sectors? in the map of xrm the khaak sectors are in the middle of nothing

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 14:53

You can learn that by yourself by reading the sector descriptions. :)
Spoiler
Show
Former Khaak sector names consist of two greek letters, like Zeta Rho. In adjacent sectors you will have the highest probability to find someone who sells the coordinates.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 17:00

I believe you need to buy the locations of those sectors from random map dealers.
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Khadafi
x4

Post by Khadafi » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 18:26

hello everyone,

Im running Albion Prelude 3.1 with XRM and trying to get in to work with CODEA 3.2.0.6 and the recent 3.3.1.1 files. When activating the mod the game goes totally crazy. When starting as "humble trader" for example, the additional starting discoverer is gone and I see funny things like enemy "khaak mammoths" in herrons nebular...
Can anyone help me and tell me how to get it to work probably?

Thanks in advance...

adriancos
x3tc

kha'ak cluster spawning

Post by adriancos » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 20:50

hello

does anyone know what is the script that controls the interval for kha'ak cluster re-spawn inside races sectors?

i would like to lower it a bit...

BlackArchon
xr

Re: kha'ak cluster spawning

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 18. Jun 16, 21:52

adriancos wrote:hello

does anyone know what is the script that controls the interval for kha'ak cluster re-spawn inside races sectors?

i would like to lower it a bit...
This is done by a job and is defined in types\Jobs.txt.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”