[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

simballine
x4

Post by simballine » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 23:09

This is a reply to ISAvsOver from last page, concerning getting money at the start:

Get the NPC bailing addon. Even if you set it to the lowest rate/small ships (which I usually play at, not too cheaty, m3/m4/m5), you'll find abandoned ships after any kind of big fight that goes on. Claim the ships, keep/upgrade the ones you want and sell the rest to a shipyard. You have to repair the ships with your suit repair laser (to make the good profit) and freight exchange any cargo/tech you want to keep. You can make millions pretty quickly that way, have a nice small armada, and afford a M6.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Sat, 13. Aug 16, 17:26

simballine wrote:This is a reply to ISAvsOver from last page, concerning getting money at the start:

Get the NPC bailing addon. Even if you set it to the lowest rate/small ships (which I usually play at, not too cheaty, m3/m4/m5), you'll find abandoned ships after any kind of big fight that goes on. Claim the ships, keep/upgrade the ones you want and sell the rest to a shipyard. You have to repair the ships with your suit repair laser (to make the good profit) and freight exchange any cargo/tech you want to keep. You can make millions pretty quickly that way, have a nice small armada, and afford a M6.
+100.
Especially the part about fixing M5 with the suite's laser.

Also, try to claim a fast(er) TS (trader ships) and fix it.
Sell the first couple of M5's you fix, keep a TS or two.
If you find an M4, keep it.
Use the money to you got from selling the M5s to buy a Solar Plant and place it inside one of the Argons core sectors, use the TS to keep it supplied with crystals and prestro, you got your first 10M credits.

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 03:46

Can't download XRM says your one drive has exceeded limits :(

I need the 3rd part, I had 1st and 2nd on my google drive but must not of noticed not getting the 3rd one lol

Thanks ! Also searched google didn't noticed them any where else for download.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 09:50

Malaras wrote:Can't download XRM says your one drive has exceeded limits :(

I need the 3rd part, I had 1st and 2nd on my google drive but must not of noticed not getting the 3rd one lol

Thanks ! Also searched google didn't noticed them any where else for download.
Here you go: http://blubb.najut.org/x3/xrm/XRM1.29_PART_3.zip

icabiltes
x3ap

Help pls

Post by icabiltes » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 11:58

Actually nevermind!, changed my mind

peirceg

Re-upload some XRM download links

Post by peirceg » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 14:26

Coudlnt seem to post in the main threat topic thingy - but could the author reupload the files on onedrive? would be great.

The main files i downloaded fine but all the other like hull multiplier apparently dont exist anymore.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 14:52

**merged with XRM thread**

If you have problems posting in here, delete your browser cache, then it should work again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

BlackArchon
xr

Re: Re-upload some XRM download links

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 15:18

peirceg wrote:Coudlnt seem to post in the main threat topic thingy - but could the author reupload the files on onedrive? would be great.

The main files i downloaded fine but all the other like hull multiplier apparently dont exist anymore.
You can find the three XRM install parts and the medium hull pack on my site: http://blubb.najut.org/x3/

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 15:45

Apparently Microsoft have imposed a sharing limit on OneDrive - nothing is ever simple!!!

I'll try and sort another new host soon. Apologies.

mutantpoo

Post by mutantpoo » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 17:26

Forgive my stupidity but when it says compatible with ... patch does that mean it only works with that patch or will work with any version up to that patch ?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 21:06

It means It was tested with that version. As to whether its still compatible with older versions, it probably is fine - but I can't guarantee it.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 23:26

Hello again
Only posting this Q here cause i run XRM
If i wanted to change the sector music, is it as easy as just swapping out the music files and naming the new ones accordingly?
Also, (since i had to start a new game because W10 corrupted my files when i was upgrading -_-) I use a Saitek Cyborg Controller.been using it for ever now..I started the rouge Xenon start..the game controls go chaotic and unresponsive when i have the Saitek plugged in..it works great with the OTAS Character Start but not the Xenon one...just a Heads up.
thanks
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 09:44

RicoOcho wrote:Hello again
Only posting this Q here cause i run XRM
If i wanted to change the sector music, is it as easy as just swapping out the music files and naming the new ones accordingly?
You can either do this (I assume you know that most sector music tracks are used in multiple sectors), or you can specifically change the music for one sector. If you look at the file "director\XRMINST.xml" near the end, you will see.
RicoOcho wrote:Also, (since i had to start a new game because W10 corrupted my files when i was upgrading -_-) I use a Saitek Cyborg Controller.been using it for ever now..I started the rouge Xenon start..the game controls go chaotic and unresponsive when i have the Saitek plugged in..it works great with the OTAS Character Start but not the Xenon one...just a Heads up.
thanks
What exactly do you mean by chaotic? I also used both Xenon and OTAS starts in the past and didn't notice anything unusual.

VWood

Ship Power Balance Question

Post by VWood » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 13:21

It has been years since I played X3 and I think XRM is what I'm looking for to get back in.

I have a question about the ship re-balancing though. Are the ships fairly unique in their combat performance? In other words, would it make a difference to my tactics whether I use a Split ship or a Boron ship for example? Also is there a nice divide in power between ship classes or will I be able to take on an M2 in an M6?

Lastly, does XRM use its own hull stats or are the figures based on TC and AP seperately? This will help me decide which game and hull pack I want to install.

Thanks.
Last edited by VWood on Thu, 18. Aug 16, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 15:24

BlackArchon wrote:
RicoOcho wrote:Also, (since i had to start a new game because W10 corrupted my files when i was upgrading -_-) I use a Saitek Cyborg Controller.been using it for ever now..I started the rouge Xenon start..the game controls go chaotic and unresponsive when i have the Saitek plugged in..it works great with the OTAS Character Start but not the Xenon one...just a Heads up.
thanks
What exactly do you mean by chaotic? I also used both Xenon and OTAS starts in the past and didn't notice anything unusual.
Hey thanks,
Im on the OTAs operative and everything runs fine...i tried starting the Xenon but the controls, (keyboard and Controller) are not responsive and get chaotic...example i use one of the controller buttons to designate a target...well when i hit it, it is as if its being pressed constantly(you hear the constant tone etc)
another is i use F1 as the camera angle...when i use that..it is as is like i mentioned with the controller....it becomes all normal when i unplug the controller..yet i can use the controller fine for the OTAS start (in this case)
thanks
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 16:06

RicoOcho wrote:well when i hit it, it is as if its being pressed constantly(you hear the constant tone etc)
Could be this: [FAQ] Keypresses repeat uncontrollably. What can I do to solve this?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

BlackArchon
xr

Re: Ship Power Balance Question

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 16:44

VWood wrote:It has been years since I played X3 and I think XRM is what I'm looking for to get back in.

I have a question about the ship re-balancing though. Are the ships fairly unique in their combat performance? In other words, would it make a difference to my tactics whether I use a Split ship or a Boron ship for example? Also is there a nice divide in power between ship classes or will I be able to take on an M2 in an M6?

Lastly, does XRM use its own hull stats or are the figures based on TC an AP seperately? This will help me decide which game and hull pack I want to install.

Thanks.
From Split ships you will like their speed and their fast weapons, but dislike their limited range. In Boron ships you will like their weapons which are extremely effective against shields, but you will probably want to use missiles against ship hulls. Your tactics will have to adapt to it because in Split ships you are only able to use Split weapons and in Boron ships only theirs (and so on).

The standard XRM hulls are thin like paper, just like in TC. If you want stronger hulls, you should use a hull pack. I like the medium hull pack because it feels more like the AP hull strengths.

VWood

Re: Ship Power Balance Question

Post by VWood » Fri, 19. Aug 16, 08:55

BlackArchon wrote:
VWood wrote:It has been years since I played X3 and I think XRM is what I'm looking for to get back in.

Lastly, does XRM use its own hull stats or are the figures based on TC an AP seperately? This will help me decide which game and hull pack I want to install.

Thanks.
From Split ships you will like their speed and their fast weapons, but dislike their limited range. In Boron ships you will like their weapons which are extremely effective against shields, but you will probably want to use missiles against ship hulls. Your tactics will have to adapt to it because in Split ships you are only able to use Split weapons and in Boron ships only theirs (and so on).

The standard XRM hulls are thin like paper, just like in TC. If you want stronger hulls, you should use a hull pack. I like the medium hull pack because it feels more like the AP hull strengths.
Awesome. Thanks.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 15:02

I've been playing XRM for a while now and got a couple of questions. First, is there a way to win the XRM's replacement war? Or stop it at least? I've destroyed terran bases in McCallum Relay and Mars sectors, but the terrans don't seem to care about that, and launch their attacks just as readily as before. I remember that in the very first message I got when I started new game, the Argon command wanted me to deal with these bases to stop the war, but it clearly didn't do anything. Is there even a point in participating in the war, if everything just keeps respawning?

Second, I noticed that M8s and M7Ms are much less scary than in vanilla. They used to overwhelm my ships with literally hundreds of their heavy missiles, but now they only launch like 6 or 8 at a time. M3B squadrons, on the other hand, are exceptionally deadly for any big ships, but only in the AI hands. When I try to make my M3Bs wings use their missile barrages, only one of them launches four missiles, and that's it. Everyone else just keeps flying around doing nothing. Is there a way to make them launch all of their missiles simultaneously?

Lastly, my PHQ seems to work incorrectly. It says that I need terran MRE, hull plating and other terran resources for ANY ships, not just terran ones. Also, recycling any ship gives my these terran resources as well. This is clearly a bug, as I'm currently at war with terrans, and have no way of getting their resources.

Thanks.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 19:30

sh1pman wrote:I've been playing XRM for a while now and got a couple of questions. First, is there a way to win the XRM's replacement war? Or stop it at least? I've destroyed terran bases in McCallum Relay and Mars sectors, but the terrans don't seem to care about that, and launch their attacks just as readily as before. I remember that in the very first message I got when I started new game, the Argon command wanted me to deal with these bases to stop the war, but it clearly didn't do anything. Is there even a point in participating in the war, if everything just keeps respawning?
No, you can't win the war. Destroying the HQs should temporarily stop one side from sending new ships to the front. I'm usually participating in the war for loot and entertainment. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”