[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xio

Post by xio » Mon, 13. Aug 12, 17:12

yes, my version is also german, so i opened the t-file 9951-L049 with the text editor and changed the "language id" to "49".

i'm not sure if i'm doing it right, because i've never scripted before, but it works fine in my game.
my version is X3TC 3.2

additionally i renamed the t-file 9953-L044 to 9953-L049 and changed it's "language id" to "49", too. but, if i'm correct, this file only affects the drones.

p.s.: @hate4fun, you don't have to rename the file, there already should be a t-file named 9951-L049

joeguyxxx
x3tc

Post by joeguyxxx » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 08:03

Joeziah wrote:Yes, in the same boat with KaldorDraigo.
Seems to have broken complex construction kits, even with new game starts etc.
I've been trying to figure out what got modified but no luck so far, my understanding is that this is a recent development.

Edit

Seems it was a error in the Dummies file
the SDTYPE_GUN;43; should be changed to SDTYPE_GUN;44;

I changed this and my complexes all work fine and connect up so far.
Unfortunately I am unable to locate my dummies.txt file (Steam version) so I was wondering how I might go about making this change or am I SOL until there is an update?

Ghostrider[FVP]
x3ap

Post by Ghostrider[FVP] » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 15:46

hello folks,

cadius thanks for ships and stations, all looks fine. Good work - merci beaucoup.
Föderation Vereinter Planeten -=)FVP(=-
Since 1998... join the future! X3-The Sonen
Ghostrider's X-Universum [INDEX]Lucikes Scripts & Mods

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 16:39

Joeziah wrote:Yes, in the same boat with KaldorDraigo.
Seems to have broken complex construction kits, even with new game starts etc.
I've been trying to figure out what got modified but no luck so far, my understanding is that this is a recent development.

Edit

It worked for me too, thank you. :D

joeguyxxx wrote: Unfortunately I am unable to locate my dummies.txt file (Steam version) so I was wondering how I might go about making this change or am I SOL until there is an update?
What i did was open up the .cat/.dat files for this mod, extracted the dummies.txt, Edited that. and put it back in the .cat/.dat files.

I used X3MM to open up the files. Here's a Tutorial how to us it.
Make sure you copy the files your openeing somewhere else, and extract it to the same place. Makes it easier to see what bit your editing. And have a back up of them in case you muck up.
Hope this helps you out.

joeguyxxx
x3tc

Post by joeguyxxx » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 04:45

Finally got this working. Had to use X3Editor 2, just opened up dummies and used text viewer to change SDTYPE_GUN;43 to 44. Worked like a charm.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 05:02

sorry for being an idiot and asking idiot questions...

How do you open the cat/dat file exactly?? do you need some special app for that??

edit: nevermind.. problem solved after some search around the forums....

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 18:57

I lit up like a christmas tree when I saw this is AP compatible, (Have probably been for a while but last time I checked ages ago it wasn't) Great mod.

Btw
How would I make this compatible with this mod?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=305073
F signature

Dreayslore

Post by Dreayslore » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 16:09

Ummm do I need another file for this download? I can not get it to work. When I download it it is a 7Z file.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 16:32

Dreayslore wrote:Ummm do I need another file for this download? I can not get it to work. When I download it it is a 7Z file.
7z is basicaly another ZIP/RAR type file. I believe that recent versions of WinZip/WinRAR can open them otherwise you will probably need 7-zip from www.7zip.org which is free anyway.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 03:07

Is the Tepukei missing an engine flare for everyone else or did I break it by modding my mod? :P

joeguyxxx
x3tc

Post by joeguyxxx » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 12:00

Quick question - the Teladi and Terran shipyards, are they buyable anywhere as it states on the first page? I can't locate them. Searched the entire thread to see if I could find any info.

UnexplainedBeeping
x3tc

Post by UnexplainedBeeping » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 04:15

I haven't looked for the Teladi stations, but I found the Terran stations at Saturn's Shipyard. They do require you to raise your notoriety of course.

joeguyxxx
x3tc

Post by joeguyxxx » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 23:04

UnexplainedBeeping wrote:I haven't looked for the Teladi stations, but I found the Terran stations at Saturn's Shipyard. They do require you to raise your notoriety of course.
I can see them too. What I don't see is 'orbital shipyards' for sale at any of the major shipyards. On page 1 it lists them as being buyable, so I'm wondering if they are no longer purchasable or if there is some other reason they do not appear for sale (for me anyways)

UnexplainedBeeping
x3tc

Post by UnexplainedBeeping » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 21:10

I'm using TC 3.2 and Xtra 2.01 with stations. I see the shipyard as the 2nd item after headquarters at the Saturn Shipyard. The name is just shipyard, not orbital shipyard.

Which versions are you using? I haven't tested it with AP personally to see if the problem is there. Reading some of the previous posts there were a few quirks between the AP and TC versions.

joeguyxxx
x3tc

Post by joeguyxxx » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 21:30

I'm running 3.2 and 2.01. I obviously have some conflicting mod or script that is preventing them from appearing.

EDIT

I had to go in and manually add them to the Cadius Factory Pack file. They did not appear in the list for some reason.

Baracus

Post by Baracus » Sat, 1. Sep 12, 01:06

Maybe Im just retarted, I copied the addon folder into my directory. When I start AP it doesnt let me choose mod package, the option isnt highlighted.

Im using steam by the way.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

BIG_nasty
x3tc

Simply Incredible

Post by BIG_nasty » Tue, 4. Sep 12, 08:37

Well done,

I've been farting around with X3 on and off for a while, trying new mods and playing with this and that... and I have to give credit where credit is do. What an outstanding piece of work, truly masterful. I mean I recognize a lot of these ships with slight alterations, but that's what is so good about them. The additions to the Split is probably my favorite aspect thus far. Well rounded ships that are VERY pleasing to the eyes :D This "little" addition you've provided here really made my week (a whole week and a few extra days to boot.) :wink:

I just wanted to give a tremendous amount of thanks for the effort and time put into this. Just goes to show, you don't have to be over the top with these kinds of things; just reliably consistent.

Fellow Ship Nerd,
-Val

PS- The Kha'ak look amazing, really. I would like to see a Terran version of the smaller Nexus Frigate as an anklebiting menace :twisted:

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Fri, 7. Sep 12, 07:47

[ external image ]
OHAI!
I miss anything recently?
Can Valhalla Heavy Industries be of shippy help?

Olazabal

Mod incompatibility X-tra and Complex Cleaner

Post by Olazabal » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 01:53

Hi all,

right now I'm trying to run TC with X-tra Ships and Complex Cleaner but it just doesn't work. I've got the latest versions of both scripts/mods and no other mods installed.

I'm able to crunch the factories with CC, but I cannot connect them via Complex Construction Kits. When I'm uninstalling X-tra everything is working fine again. But despite what I read on the frontpage, the two mods do not seem to be compatible.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same difficulties? Or do you have a special installing order?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sun, 9. Sep 12, 17:17

no no, I think you installed correctly. There is a known issue with connecting complex, Joeziah posted a fix if you care to fix it yourself. Otherwise just continue playing, it will be fixed in the next update..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”