Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 21. Jul 16, 01:12

The only way to automate selling is through station/dock agents. In this case, Dock agents, homebased to a dock.
HQ, Equipment Dock, or Trading Station.

But it takes a gigantic amount of time to fill up a TL with mobile mining. Just send a TS every now and then is probably easier (since automated sellers can only sell 1 type of item at a time, while you could load all crystals and minerals at the same time and sell them in 1 go)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. Jul 16, 17:44

Angrybiscit wrote:Okay, So the TM probably isn't the best way. Since the courier cant sell.

So if I use a TL or a station(and what station an HQ?), how would I automate the selling of the materials? Would a TS have to be set up somehow to then ship the materials back to a mining outpost?

I know that there are other ways of making money, I just want to figure this one out too!
Use a courier to ferry the minerals to a station (HQ, Equipment dock or Trading station, as Sirrobert said), then use a Dock agent to sell the minerals from there. You might want to assign a station agent as well, to keep the station stocked with e-cells so the Dock Agent doesn't run out of jump fuel or have to slowboat everywhere.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 22. Jul 16, 18:38

Zaitsev wrote:
Angrybiscit wrote:Okay, So the TM probably isn't the best way. Since the courier cant sell.

So if I use a TL or a station(and what station an HQ?), how would I automate the selling of the materials? Would a TS have to be set up somehow to then ship the materials back to a mining outpost?

I know that there are other ways of making money, I just want to figure this one out too!
Use a courier to ferry the minerals to a station (HQ, Equipment dock or Trading station, as Sirrobert said), then use a Dock agent to sell the minerals from there. You might want to assign a station agent as well, to keep the station stocked with e-cells so the Dock Agent doesn't run out of jump fuel or have to slowboat everywhere.
I don't think you can assign a Station Agent to a dock. Only Dock agents (at buy, or sell duty).
So assign a Dock agent, and set the dockware manager to stock 10k energy cells or so (or more).
Personally I use an EQ dock as distribution center for my entire empire. I have several Dock agents non-stop selling loot, and products from my SCHs (and a freighter to fetch all the products from said SCH's, for selling by the Dock Agents). This is, IMO, more efficient than giving each SCH it's own Station Agent to distribute the products. Especially since they'd be sitting still for extended periods of time between production cycles, in the case of weapons
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

s17speedex
x3ap

Post by s17speedex » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 06:04

Sirrobert wrote:You can use a Courier to unload the TM. Or homebase to a station, or TL. That's probably easier.

Alternatively, you can use TS miners. Those can go mining in other sectors while home based to your HQ. They'll jump back when full. They mine slower, but they don't need a carrier to babysit
Using TS's works but it ends up bottle necking in the end. About 70 M3 Chimer Miner's saturate a TL (base ship) and courier TS (I used the Snorta because of the speed / size) that home bases at a trading station. One DA per mining fleet sells the crystals (I let the ore and silicon overflow to HQ for my main source for fleet support). Only 4-5 DA per trading station so after a while create an overflow to a second trading station.
TS bottleneck because they all unload huge amounts and the station has a set max capacity. It all gets there and sells in the end but I preferred the steady stream. I think I was up to 8 TL mining fleets and only had to manage <10 ore mines <5 silicon mines when I cleared unknown sector Omega.
If (when) I do another playthrough, I found mining to be so efficient and $$$ that I won't bother hours of claiming and repairing... only to get the operation started. FYI- don't go in sectors with a huge mining operation going on!
X3 LUV

tearing

Post by tearing » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 11:37

how can i get a tl to do freighter command? i can only use ts to fetch things from complex

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 14:22

tearing wrote:how can i get a tl to do freighter command? i can only use ts to fetch things from complex
You can't use a TL for that. The freighter command only works on small ships, i.e. TS, TM and TP. And any class of fighter as far as I know, but that's probably not interesting in this case.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

tearing

Post by tearing » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 16:44

Zaitsev wrote:
tearing wrote:how can i get a tl to do freighter command? i can only use ts to fetch things from complex
You can't use a TL for that. The freighter command only works on small ships, i.e. TS, TM and TP. And any class of fighter as far as I know, but that's probably not interesting in this case.
i thought that was achievable by changing cmdchk.freighter
but i dont know which number to edit

Gamma Rad
x4

Post by Gamma Rad » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 21:48

I am having some issues with the game (Mostly this one) and I figured its best to export my profile and just restart. but apparently the game doesn't even want to export my profile. specifically regarding this part:
This can take a few minutes. You can watch your log file increase in size if you're looking at it in windows explorer (addon\t).
there's simply no new file created in addons/t and no one of the files change in size. I kept the game running for half an hour waiting for the export message to come up but nothing pop up.

I took a wild guess and figured maybe its just permission issue preventing it from creating a new file, but running the game as admin didnt help either. Am I missing something? is there some requirement for export I am not aware of?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 01:01

Are you running anti-virus? Lots of anti-virus software like to block the Export process. Turn it off and your export will be done in a flash (just remember to turn it back on again once you're done with that)

S0lem
x4

Inflated ship prices

Post by S0lem » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 06:53

I've had random used ships selling for 30 mil when they shouldn't even be worth 1 mil. I have seen that numerous times and just ignroed it, but I now have a Harrier Sentinel that bailed randomly from npc fire and when I sell it is also selling for 30 mil. This is the first time I have seen this since 1.7.0LU release. I have a save of the selling part, but not the claiming part so I am not sure how helpful that could be. I know bailed ships used to randomly have increased speed, which would make their price increase, but I haven't seen that since 1.6.2LU so I have no idea what it is from. It seems to only be a minor bug and doesn't really effect things 2 much, but I thought I would mention it.

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 07:39

That Harrier most likely had that ship claiming software installed, happens from time to time.

Gamma Rad
x4

Post by Gamma Rad » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 09:07

Sirrobert wrote:Are you running anti-virus? Lots of anti-virus software like to block the Export process. Turn it off and your export will be done in a flash (just remember to turn it back on again once you're done with that)
Disabling the AV didnt change. I still dont see any activity in /addon/t and waiting didnt help.

UPDATE: Decided to try and start a new game incase the save itself is somehow interfering, but even with a brand new game start I still cant export.

Also, the main issue got a reply telling I should refer to the mod author so I'll repost the issue here.
Gamma Rad wrote:for some reason ALL my ships decided to stop using Jump Drive automatically. telling them to jump manually gives me a warning message saying
Not all this ship's followers can jump. Do you still want to initiate the jump sequence.
Problem is that none of these ships even have followers. Anyone knows any way to remove these phantom followers so I could go back to normal jumping. especially for my UTs since its really hampering their performance.

Running Litcube's mod.

Just to be clear, Manually jumping works perfectly fine. if I do it manually and do YES on the prompt it just normally but it will still refuse to jump automatically afterwards and give me the same prompt if I try to jump manually again.

UPDATE:Buying a new ship and equipping it with a jumpdrive only still generates these phantom followers.
this is the main issue which makes me want to restart so if this is solved theres no need for export.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 12:07

In any flavor of LU, has anyone ever seen a bailed ship having "remote system control software"? If so, what was the ship class?

Not me (I peeked at five M5s today and even got an M5 carrying this software to bail but no dice).

Just an idle interest in getting this tres cher software the easy way. I mean, uh, it's not unbalancing is it, erm, to get @30 million credit item this way. Look at how many M5s are flying around with this item, mocking me.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 17:51

Gamma Rad wrote:Disabling the AV didnt change. I still dont see any activity in /addon/t and waiting didnt help.
Things like Windows Defender will also screw up the export process, so it might be worth it to double check. Also, just to get the stupid questions out of the way, did you remember to download and install the latest Export/Import script pack?
myrmidon wrote:In any flavor of LU, has anyone ever seen a bailed ship having "remote system control software"? If so, what was the ship class?
Yeah, but that was back in version 1.3 or thereabouts. Got bailed M5s and M4s carrying the RSCS quite often, but Litcube have since implemented code that will automatically destroy any single item that's worth more than two million credits when a ship bails. So unless you roll back to an old-as-s**t version, the only way to get your paws on one is to buy it. And I guess that's not what you're looking for :p

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

S0lem
x4

Post by S0lem » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 19:51

Kual wrote:That Harrier most likely had that ship claiming software installed, happens from time to time.
I don't know how I missed that. It certainly did have remote system control software installed.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 21:00

Thanks Zaitsev for the confirmation

Mahadev
x3tc

Post by Mahadev » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 23:01

Hello

I finally have a mc cullom equipment dock. All seems fine. Just my bragi freighters seem to bring too much too quickly. So I organised lots of dock agents to keep up.

Now I have traffic congestion in front of the dock. Is there a way to stream line the docking of all the couriers and dock against?

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 23:14

Mahadev wrote:Hello

I finally have a mc cullom equipment dock. All seems fine. Just my bragi freighters seem to bring too much too quickly. So I organised lots of dock agents to keep up.

Now I have traffic congestion in front of the dock. Is there a way to stream line the docking of all the couriers and dock against?
Stay OOS or build McCallum Starliner.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

Torscha
x3tc

Post by Torscha » Fri, 29. Jul 16, 06:02

I'm trying to install LU on a clean AP install, but I'm being told that AP either isn't installed or it doesn't have the no_steam.exe. However, I'm 100% sure the no_steam.exe is there: the problem (I think) is that the new version of the no-steam exe from Egosoft is X3AP.exe, while Litcube's instructions list the file as X3AP_n.exe. I tried renaming the file, but no luck. Any help?

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Fri, 29. Jul 16, 19:14

Copy the .exe and rename it to X3AP_n.exe if it's the nosteam one. Should fix the install issue.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”