Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 23:10

Thanks for reply,
I did it and it crashed again, maybe because im using imput director to control another computer with my keyboard and mouse through wifi?
Btw when its not really a crash, its a freeze
Edit: now my most recent save freezes after a few seconds

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 23:30

amadeok wrote:Thanks for reply,
I did it and it crashed again, maybe because im using imput director to control another computer with my keyboard and mouse through wifi?
Sounds like the old refuelling bug. Check if any of your agents is currently refuelling and stop/restart them.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 23:39

Send that one.

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 01:05

Litcube wrote:
Send that one.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k3j6u ... 282%29.sav

scav_n_ger
x3ap

Post by scav_n_ger » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 02:02

amadeok wrote:
Litcube wrote:
Send that one.
Can you describe the freeze?
Freeze for forever or just freeze until windows tells you the program has frozen with a dialog to click "OK Close" or "Find a solution" or "show details" ?

I had some occurrences where it froze, stuttered and came back.

Also i sometimes had a Windows Dialogue that forced me into desktop, minimizing X3 and telling me that the program supposedly had crashed ... but if i just closed the dialogue instead of closing X3, or "find solution" i could tab into the game and it was fine again.

Funny. i always assumed it's my sound card driver stuff, as the stuttering sound continues until i deactivate and reactivate the device.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 02:28

One of the scripts is causing it to freeze. It's difficult to debug, because I only have 2 seconds between each X3 load to debug.

TrixX
x4

Post by TrixX » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 04:29

Litcube wrote:One of the scripts is causing it to freeze. It's difficult to debug, because I only have 2 seconds between each X3 load to debug.
Need -ve SETA :lol:
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Crellion
x3tc

Feedback

Post by Crellion » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 07:59

After thanking again everyone for your advice and help yesterday I wanted to post the outcome:

THE GOOD
------------

Indeed simply dropping the txt file named X3AP_n.exe in the folder fools the sound installer to proceed.

THE BAD
-----------

Still when I irst run the game I got this message:
"Incorrect version of EXE file detected. Please make sure that you game content is up to date and that you use the newest available EXE files. The current version may not function correctly."

However when you press to proceed anyway the game runs without apparent incident.

THE UGLY
-----------

Still no loot drops "where I can see". Let me clarify:

1) No loot drops when I kill ships. No mosquito, no wasp no nothing. Now I read somewhere that the new system replaces the old and may result in fewer drops in low combat levels. For this reason I focused combat this time and in the 4 ingame hours of the test I am lvl14 midway to 15. Still nothing at all has dropped even though I have killed enough fighters to have had 3-4 bails (despite low combat ranks). Bails by the way work as in Wiki with items left in the ship.

[EDIT: Wiki states "In-game, FLC doesn't go above a visible amount until level 19 @ 15%" which may mean that 0 loot may be normal at level 14. However my previous play through was 12 hours ingame so I somewhat doubt I didn't have enough rank (though I don't remember). In any event as I stat below I will be play testing further to Rank 16-17 to see what happens.]

2) No loot drops from npc v npc battles when I am in system watching. Even capital ships. However loot MAY have dropped with me in system when the ship destruction happened outside the area that was visible < not 100% sure on this.

I can't quite wrap my head around the reason for this. It seems like the (whichever) script should roll the dice when a ship is destroyed by me is simply not initiating.

I will go on play testing this for a couple of days (if no solution is offered in the meantime) and will give reports from higher combat levels and when I have 100% confirmed how the rules applies (for example I also suspect that no loot ever drops from the navy shooting the pirates in Elena's Fortune because of my Adv. Satellite there but I will need some more time to be certain - I will drop satellites in a few choke points and leave others without to be sure about this rule too.)

Thanks again Litcube for finding the time to read through this.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 09:55

amadeok wrote:
Litcube wrote:
Send that one.
ST 008 Caiman Adv is attempting to dock during Refuelling. I was able to give it a Standby command with the number hotkeys and prevent the freeze. This bug has been around for a very long time and crops up every now and then.

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 10:21

andreihaiducul wrote:
amadeok wrote:
Litcube wrote:
Send that one.
ST 008 Caiman Adv is attempting to dock during Refuelling. I was able to give it a Standby command with the number hotkeys and prevent the freeze. This bug has been around for a very long time and crops up every now and then.
Thanks very much, any possible workaround?
edit: I managed to give a the standby command to the caiman 008 and the freeze was prevented. I'll leave it as is for now hopefully it wont freeze.

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 10:34

scav_n_ger wrote:
amadeok wrote:
Litcube wrote:
Send that one.
Can you describe the freeze?
Freeze for forever or just freeze until windows tells you the program has frozen with a dialog to click "OK Close" or "Find a solution" or "show details" ?

I had some occurrences where it froze, stuttered and came back.

Also i sometimes had a Windows Dialogue that forced me into desktop, minimizing X3 and telling me that the program supposedly had crashed ... but if i just closed the dialogue instead of closing X3, or "find solution" i could tab into the game and it was fine again.

Funny. i always assumed it's my sound card driver stuff, as the stuttering sound continues until i deactivate and reactivate the device.
To me it doesnt recover at all. I left it for 20 min to try that.
edit: working so far by setting caiman advance 008 in standbye
Last edited by amadeok on Wed, 24. Aug 16, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 12:56

Litcube wrote:One of the scripts is causing it to freeze. It's difficult to debug, because I only have 2 seconds between each X3 load to debug.
I think the problem is that there is a line missing in Lib.Cmd.Refuel.Pre.xml:175

Code: Select all

= [THIS]-> buy $AmountToBuy units of {Energy Cells}
similar to the instruction at line 130. I don't really understand why so much code is duplicated here. To help debug this issue, you can add

Code: Select all

= wait 1000 ms
at !move.movetostation.xml:19 and see that the infinite loop seems to be caused by the goto instruction at Lib.Cmd.Refuel.Pre.xml:183.

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 18:17

I still can't install the soundtrack. I created a text doc called X3AP_N.exe as instructed, but no luck. I still get the same error.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 18:24

If the installer check for the exe name is case sensitive, then the name should be "X3AP_n.exe" (with a lowercase "N").
Crellion wrote:THE BAD
-----------

Still when I irst run the game I got this message:
"Incorrect version of EXE file detected. Please make sure that you game content is up to date and that you use the newest available EXE files. The current version may not function correctly."

However when you press to proceed anyway the game runs without apparent incident.
I think this was described here previously as not being a problem at all. (The .exe probably just checks a file number somewhere, which is otherwise modified by LU.)
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 20:48

SpFiota wrote:I still can't install the soundtrack. I created a text doc called X3AP_N.exe as instructed, but no luck. I still get the same error.
The Soundtrack installer has been updated to version 1.2.1 which won't have this check. Either you use version 1.2 and create that X3AP_n.exe or download the ~2GB 1.2.1 installer and run that one.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 22:32

andreihaiducul wrote: I think the problem is that there is a line missing in Lib.Cmd.Refuel.Pre.xml:175
It is, yes. Patch incoming.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 24. Aug 16, 22:39

H. Scumdog
x3tc

Post by H. Scumdog » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 00:59

Loving this mod so far but there I am a bit confused about mining, I have searched this thread but with well over 700 pages I cant seem to find any definite solution to my problem, which I am sure is in fact MY problem :P

I want to set up an automated miner to earn me some scratch in my first few hours of my game, and go from there. The wiki says that Litcube changed the functionality of the MDS, but so replies in this thread seem to confirm my own findings, that Lit removed the MDS from the game. Is this true? and if so how can i set up my automated miner?

I have scanned roids in a system, outfitted my mercury super freighter with ore collector, nav software, special command software.

I am able to select Mine in special commands and the would be miner will fly to that system, but upon arrival it stops in space and I recieve a message saying mining could not be done because MDS is not installed :? :? :?

So can I only use the nexus miner as a mobile miner as the wiki would have me believe? if so whats the point of that?

thanks in advance for any help, Im basically just confirming that i need the purpose built mining ships, but any replies would be greatly appreciated

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 01:06

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about the MDS in the wiki.

I think I don't understand your question.

scav_n_ger
x3ap

Post by scav_n_ger » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 02:51

H. Scumdog wrote:Loving this mod so far but there I am a bit confused about mining, I have searched this thread but with well over 700 pages I cant seem to find any definite solution to my problem, which I am sure is in fact MY problem :P

I want to set up an automated miner to earn me some scratch in my first few hours of my game, and go from there. The wiki says that Litcube changed the functionality of the MDS, but so replies in this thread seem to confirm my own findings, that Lit removed the MDS from the game. Is this true? and if so how can i set up my automated miner?

I have scanned roids in a system, outfitted my mercury super freighter with ore collector, nav software, special command software.

I am able to select Mine in special commands and the would be miner will fly to that system, but upon arrival it stops in space and I recieve a message saying mining could not be done because MDS is not installed :? :? :?

So can I only use the nexus miner as a mobile miner as the wiki would have me believe? if so whats the point of that?

thanks in advance for any help, Im basically just confirming that i need the purpose built mining ships, but any replies would be greatly appreciated

Hi there, H.

Mining works. It is a long term investment before you make a profit so do not be disappointed.

MDS exist. They are sold in some equipment docks in Teladi and Paranid space. MDS factories exist as well. They're also located in Teladi and Paranid sectors. If you are really serious about mining, you can buy your own MDS factory.

You can use the ingame encyclopedia (Sidebar -> Personal -> Advanced - Encyclopedia -> Software & Equipment Commands) to check on the exact minimum requirements for your mining ship to work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”